All-Star Camp Woodward 2011

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just talked to my husband and he was very impressed with the entire camp location and staff. He was there from 10-3 and my daughter wanted to jump right into activities and wanted her dad to just leave. LoL. He only had positive and good things to say. Her friends from her team are older and in an older cabin, which we knew in advance. My husband also stayed and watched evaluations. He arrived about 30 mintues prior to evals and one coach was showing the other coach good and bad examples of bhs, etc, and says if a girl didn't do the bhs right they were to not take the bad ones. She has made friends so far with another girl in her cabin who says she has been to the camp a few summers now. She is scheduled for horseback riding which of course was her #1 activity outside of cheer. She got the top 3rd bunk like she wanted too! My husband was happy and says when he left she was in the pool with her friends from her cheer team. :) He says unless something unexpected happens, he thinks she will definetly go back next summer. I think she will not want to leave at the end of week 3. Next summer she will go for at least 2 weeks.

My husband has t-mobile and had no reception. The other mom has AT&T and says she had problems texting. My daughter has my verizon phone with her but she probably didn't try it since we gave it to her for emergencies only. My husband is going through security at the airport so that is all the details I have so far.

I had verizon last year (Blackberry) and I don't remember having problems with service. I have an iPhone with AT&T now so idk how that'll go. But a girl last year had an iPhone and I think her service was fine. Plus there's wifi.

the verizon service was fine i dont htink i had issues
one thing to watch out for is earwigs, they seemed to be everywhere therre

One of my friends is there right now and loves it. I don't know what service she has but we've been bbming so she must have some.

Verizon and AT&T works. My daughter just called from a verizon phone. There was some issues with At&T text but maybe it's just spotty?
yay thank you. I'm one of those people that panic if my family doesn't have a way to get ahold of me lol

I was just wondering, what are the age ranges in the cabins, and roughly how many people are in each class?

I was just wondering, what are the age ranges in the cabins, and roughly how many people are in each class?

The youngest in mine last year was 10 and the oldest was 17. But there was only one 10 year old and one 11 year old and the rest were 13+

My CP is in the 7-9 year old cabin with a cabin mom. 7-9 year old are housed separately, however, if there is a friend/sibling at camp who is 10 or 11, they will consider putting that 10/11 year old in the cabin with the 7-9 year olds. But the 7-9 year olds have an earlier curfew than the older girls. The other girls my daughter knows at camp this week are 10 & 11 but we didn't request them to be in the same cabin, which is fine with us. In her friend's cabin there are pretty much all 10 & 11 year olds, and I heard one 16 year old who is a "junior counselor". I am not positive if there is also a regular couselor (or cabin mom) in the older cabins or not. I am happy that the 7-9 year olds do have a cabin mom to help the girls inside the cabin and make sure they get to their scheduled activities. I believe if you have enough people from your gym go together they will house your gym together.

My CP is in the 7-9 year old cabin with a cabin mom. 7-9 year old are housed separately, however, if there is a friend/sibling at camp who is 10 or 11, they will consider putting that 10/11 year old in the cabin with the 7-9 year olds. But the 7-9 year olds have an earlier curfew than the older girls. The other girls my daughter knows at camp this week are 10 & 11 but we didn't request them to be in the same cabin, which is fine with us. In her friend's cabin there are pretty much all 10 & 11 year olds, and I heard one 16 year old who is a "junior counselor". I am not positive if there is also a regular couselor (or cabin mom) in the older cabins or not. I am happy that the 7-9 year olds do have a cabin mom to help the girls inside the cabin and make sure they get to their scheduled activities. I believe if you have enough people from your gym go together they will house your gym together.

There is a counselor in the older cabins as well. My cabin last year was all cheerleaders and one power tumbler and our counselor was a gymnastics coach.

Back