All-Star Camp Woodward 2011

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm packing tomorrow! I can't wait either haha. I'm leaving Saturday :)
Where you coming from? I have to leave at like 4am saturday morning to be there in time for the coaches meetings not looking forward to the 5.5hr drive by myself but its sooooo worth it!

ahh i want to go to camp woodward too ): i think it's too late though. i contemplated going awhile back but ugh ):

There are really only B&Bs or motels between Woodward and State College. State College is 45 mins from camp and there are a bunch of hotels there. Atherton, Penn Stater. The Penn Stater is nice, its a conference center. I stayed there for a week the first summer my cp went to Woodward, because I just was a little too nervous! haha! If you want to stay closer you'll need to find a private inn or B&B off of Rt 45. PM me, I can recommend a few I have stayed in. Are you going up this Friday 6/24? I will be there this Fri night, as well. :)

My husband flew in on Saturday into State College, rented a car at the airport, stayed the night at the Hilton Garden Inn, then drove to Camp Woodward Sunday morning, then back to the airport in State College in the afternoon.

Where you coming from? I have to leave at like 4am saturday morning to be there in time for the coaches meetings not looking forward to the 5.5hr drive by myself but its sooooo worth it!

From Ohio! About 45 east of Cleveland. Its like 4 and a half hours from here. But were staying over Saturday night so I get there on time Sunday morning cause last year I got there too late. Where are you from?

From Ohio! About 45 east of Cleveland. Its like 4 and a half hours from here. But were staying over Saturday night so I get there on time Sunday morning cause last year I got there too late. Where are you from?
I'm from Malta NY. Its about 30mins north of Albany. I was thinking about doing the same thing but staying over friday so I would be on time saturday because I work for Hilton so I would get a discount on rooms but of course all the hilton family hotels are sold out for the employee price so I'll just wake up really early now lol

i have gotten almost all my stuff and have begun to pack :) im so excited i cant even explain it! i leave on saturday morning :)

Is there A LOT of tumbling? When do you have time for activities? Or do you not do a lot? I really want to go to camp, but I hate bugs/outdoorsy type camps. So woodward seems good haha, but I'm not one of those people that LOVES tumbling. So you're probably wondering why would I want to go to woodward.. well I'm wondering that too. Maybe you guys can help answer that.

Is there A LOT of tumbling? When do you have time for activities? Or do you not do a lot? I really want to go to camp, but I hate bugs/outdoorsy type camps. So woodward seems good haha, but I'm not one of those people that LOVES tumbling. So you're probably wondering why would I want to go to woodward.. well I'm wondering that too. Maybe you guys can help answer that.
I forget which page but there is a post of a typical day. It is mostly tumbling but during open gyms you can work on other things and the coaches don't mind helping with other things during the downtime.

In the morning you have 2.5 hours of mandatory tumbling class. The rest of the day is up to you. Usually I had lunch right after my morning class. Then we would swim or go to arts and crafts or go karts, or just hang out in the cabin/on the porch/by the canteen. There are two more 2.5 hour open gyms throughout the day (one in the afternoon and one in the evening). So after your mandatory tumbling, you're free to do whatever you want for the rest of the day, but there are 7 hours total available to tumble every day.

Hey All,

I'm signed up to be a parent driver while my cp is at camp week 5. It looks to me like I'm going to have a lot of free time during the week. Does anyone know if this is true and any suggestions what to do with my time?? Thanks!

Back