All-Star Camp Woodward 2011

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Last year was my first time going and I went alone! I became friends with the girls in my cabin and still talk to them a few times a week! It was soo worth it, I promise you'll have fun! I'm going this year with the same girls. Were going week 4, when are you planning on going?
ohh thats so good to hear! im not sure when im going yet, i can go pretty much anytime!

From what i remember, getting “tapped” means she was chosen by the coaches or staff, to receive another free week at the camp. Please correct me if I am wrong! When I went (2006) I went with my tumbling team for the tumbling gym at Woodward in PA. My friend Josh got “tapped” and i’m pretty sure he went again? Haha I might be completely wrong, but I think i’m right! Hope this helps! :)
Wow...I hope that's true....I thought they just got a discount and they had to go during a certain week. Thanks for the info!

My daughter went last year and got "tapped"! Can someone please explain what that means? Do they have to go during a certain week? Do they get a discount? Would appreciate any info!

I got tapped when I went last year. I got a paper that told me I had to go week 11 or 12 of the same summer. Those are called "tap week". Unfortunately I started school in the middle of week 11 and wasn't able to go.

Another question ... I'll be sending my daughter up from GA. That means a transfer in Detroit and being picked up at the local airport by Woodward staff. I'm thinking of going myself and applying for one of the parent jobs instead of either 1)sending her alone, 2)sending her as a minor on the airline, 3) traveling with her and then going home which would mean two round trip tickets for myself. Any suggestions????

If you are coming from GA I would suggest that PA be your destination for her first time here at Cheer Camp. Both CA & PA locations are amazing, but PA is bigger and has been around longer. If you fly her into Woodward's local airport (State College, airport code SCE) we will have our staff their waiting for them to pick them up and will also take them back and make sure they get on their plane at the end of the week. For more information, you can call and request a brochure, or view our brochure online at www.campwoodward.com

Another question ... I'll be sending my daughter up from GA. That means a transfer in Detroit and being picked up at the local airport by Woodward staff. I'm thinking of going myself and applying for one of the parent jobs instead of either 1)sending her alone, 2)sending her as a minor on the airline, 3) traveling with her and then going home which would mean two round trip tickets for myself. Any suggestions????

If you are coming from GA I would suggest that PA be your destination for her first time here at Cheer Camp. Both CA & PA locations are amazing, but PA is bigger and has been around longer. If you fly her into Woodward's local airport (State College, airport code SCE) we will have our staff their waiting for them to pick them up and will also take them back and make sure they get on their plane at the end of the week. For more information, you can call and request a brochure, or view our brochure online at www.campwoodward.com

My daughter went last year and got "tapped"! Can someone please explain what that means? Do they have to go during a certain week? Do they get a discount? Would appreciate any info!

Getting TAPPED means that the athlete worked hard, was a great kid to be around, and had fun, and their coaches TAPPED them. This means they get to come back with all the other kids that had been TAPPED over the summer for $300 off for Week 12 of that same summer.

Getting TAPPED means that the athlete worked hard, was a great kid to be around, and had fun, and their coaches TAPPED them. This means they get to come back with all the other kids that had been TAPPED over the summer for $300 off for Week 12 of that same summer.
ohhhhh!!! haha, okay that makes sense! Im sorry, i was like 11 when I went!

not sure this is related but how does a person go about getting on the Woodward team. I attend the camp every year and never heard anything about the cheer team.

not sure this is related but how does a person go about getting on the Woodward team. I attend the camp every year and never heard anything about the cheer team.

The Cheer team just started this past year. You can see the tryout information below. Everyone who was a past camper/staff member, or will be a camper of staff member this summer between weeks 1-10 and is 16 yrs or older by January 2012 is eligible.

http://www.campwoodward.com/compone...ews/1389-woodward-xcc-tryout-information.html

Is camp woodward fun & does it help? i really wanna go this summer!
and should i go for 2 weeks or just 1?

Is camp woodward fun & does it help? i really wanna go this summer!
and should i go for 2 weeks or just 1?

yes it's so much fun & it does help a lot i owe woodward a lot for my tumbling that i got there. you should go! last year was my 1st year i'm going back this year as my 2nd. i go for 1 week for more of financial reasons (i'd live there if i could..) but it's recommended to go for 2 it depends what your goals are like some can get done in a week some you might want to work on longer. i got a lot accomplished in a week but thats also because i took advantage of all of the available open gyms so if you go make sure you use them:)

i'm going week 6 with a few girls from my gym! anyone else?

yes it's so much fun & it does help a lot i owe woodward a lot for my tumbling that i got there. you should go! last year was my 1st year i'm going back this year as my 2nd. i go for 1 week for more of financial reasons (i'd live there if i could..) but it's recommended to go for 2 it depends what your goals are like some can get done in a week some you might want to work on longer. i got a lot accomplished in a week but thats also because i took advantage of all of the available open gyms so if you go make sure you use them:)

i'm going week 6 with a few girls from my gym! anyone else?

Oh ok:) this helps a lot! i think im gonna try to go week 8? :) i really wanna go oh so badly! I'm excited to meet the new cheerleaders there.

Back