Can A Team Have Half Tops And Full Tops?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

No cause last I checked guys don't wear a half top. It looks fine and we allow it for the kids to be comfortable. Why should a kid feel they can't cheer cause they have to wear a half top and not comfortable. I saw to many have their stomach hang out and it just don't look right.

I think, in all honesty, it looks messy. I can see how it might be a good option for Junior/Senior crossovers because that way, they don't have to buy two uniforms and it's more appropriate for the kids. And I can see the idea that some girls might like the option to have a full top if they feel more comfortable in it. But at the same time, the team should all be in the same uniform. It's just more professional, I think.

Maybe do half tops but the girls that are insecure/ parents won't allow it have them wear a skin colored spanx like thing. It wouldn't be noticeable on the floor and that way most athletes/ parents could be happy.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

In my opinion, uniforms should be well uniform. That means same tops, same skirts, same bows, same hair and makeup, same color socks (I've seen some girls wearing neon or black socks with white shoes...), and same shoes.
If there are girls on the team that are uncomfortable in crop tops, then it should be a team (or coach) decision of whether to do full tops or flesh colored liners or whatever you all choose.

Some of the girls on my daughters team had something they could wear under their uniform if they wised (it was black and blended in with the top). Some parents made their daughters where it, not wanting their child's tummy to show. To be honest, when they hit the floor it wasn't something I noticed about the team or any other team. It did make me take notice to the muscle tone my daughter had developed from cheer.

I saw this on one team, but only 2 girls had full tops, and I actually think for their situation it was a tasteful choice on behalf of the staff

i think in order for the team to feel really like a team you should all look the same. but on the other hand, no person should be made to wear something they don't want to!:D

Theres a local all star team near us, and most girls wear the crop top, you know?
Its coed, by the way. And there was this girl, who was larger. (Not trying to be mean or anything! Shes really strong and muscular!) Anyway, she wore a full top. It looked fine, since there were boys on the team so it wasn't like everyone showed their tummies. If its not Co-ed.... i'm not sure how well that'd look. With Coed, the one with a full top sorta blends in to the guys uniforms. (I hope that makes sense)

I haven't seen it. It seems like it would be to distracting while you're watching. Everyone won't look uniform. Maybe if you got crop tops they could lengthen them a little more just to make girls that want full tops more comfortable? Just an idea.

I truely dont think it matters. Coed teams have them so it shouldnt be a problem. If it is really a problem and the coach wont allow it just purchase a tan cover or even a leotard. There, problem solved.

If a girl is too big for the crop, they need to get the conditioning in place to make her look better. I mean this is all-star cheerleading, and the teams have uniforms for a reason.

i think it may look awkward. depending on the age group, full tops are probably best. or if everyone had both tops and the team decided on one of the tops for each competition, switching tops each competition. that way everyone is happy at one point or another.

If a girl is too big for the crop, they need to get the conditioning in place to make her look better. I mean this is all-star cheerleading, and the teams have uniforms for a reason.

some girls arent built for crops.

Who are you to decide what looks good and what doesnt? Some girls are incredibly strong and don't NEED conditioning.

Example:
7362934.jpg

I wouldn't say she needs any sort of additional conditioning. Not all women are built the same.

Back