Can I Get My Back Tuck, Back Handspring, And Round Off Back Handspring In Six Months?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 17, 2012
I need it by competitive season and I have six months. I am close to getting my back handspring but not my back tuck and round off back handspring. Can I do it? Any tips on how to do it? Besides going to tumbling because I already do that!

I don't understand... did someone put you on a level 3 team with the stipulation that you move from level 1 to 3 by competition time?

I dont think thats a question anyone can answer simply yes or no to.
1. Nobody knows how hard you're working. Once a week, once a day, .... ?
2. Everyone learns at a different pace. I've see boys learn in their first week of cheer and some people take years!

But good luck to you and work hard! :)

Work crazy hard. I was put on a level 4 my first year cheering as it was a small gym and the only senior team was level 4. They said I had potential, so why not? Got my back handspring consistent in less than a month, my tuck consistent two weeks after that, and had my round off back hand tuck very soon after. It all depends in how fast you learn and how hard you work. I am a very fast learner and worked hard. You can do it!

I'm in a similar situation. I'd suggest getting into the gym a lot. Doing privates with your tumbling coach. Doing drills at home and to not give up!!!! Werrk Hard

I think it depends on how much you work on it. If your close to your back handspring then once you get that the round off backhand spring will be easy. It really just depends on how much you practice I guess. I hope you get it!!!! :)

It really just depends on how hard you work for it. There's a person I know who took 2 years just to learn a back bend. But one of my other friends got her back handspring consistent in a few weeks and had a tuck soon after that, and both the girls started at the same level. I would do drills and get into the gym as often as you can.

Just work really hard ever day. Do lots of push ups, ab work outs, stretching, etc.
Practice tumbling every day and take lessons at a cheer or gymnastics gym.

I got my bhs and tuck pretty quickly, but it's different for everybody.

I think its totally possible if you work super hard :) and if you have a fairly big trampoline you could practice at home on that without having too much of a risk of getting hurt !

I really hope so! That would be awesome for you and I'm kinda in the same boat :) As long as you work hard!! Go to open gyms, work at it outside of practice ect and I'm sure you can!

Are you at the gym everyday? if you are then its reasonable with A LOT OF EFFORT! If you are only there once a week then you will probably only get your bhs and robhs.

:cheering: Good luck

yes, it's possible, but not for everyone. you'd have to work really hard with excellent coaching at least 3 times a week. I would say don't push yourself too hard and be realistic with your skill level. Good Luck

I think that if you believe in yourself and try really hard, you could get any skill that you wanted to as long as you put all your efforts into it! But you must be physically fit enough to do the skill your'e working toward!

It took me 6 months to get a backhandspring. It is a LOT of work. I'm not saying you can't do it, but it might take longer than that. Just try really hard! I went to tumbling 3 days a week and now i have it! Good luck, and trust yourself!

Back