All-Star Can Someone Explain...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 26, 2012
I have been reading these boards and following alot of people on twitter and need someone to explain something to me....Why is there ALOT of Maddie Gardner BASHING???? My cp met her at worlds and a few other comps over the years and she was nothing but AWESOME. What I have seen is that she loves to cheer and works hard all the time. CEA is amazing and personally cant wait to watch them this year. So please can someone explain this to me. THANKS!!!!

What is it that you're seeing as "bashing?" Hard to explain without specifics. Or, suffice it say that anyone in the limelight will have their fair share of detractors.

People are just being mean saying she is ugly and making fun of her wgen she fell at worlds and saying that certain girls on certain other teams are so much bette. I know its "just high school" girls talking crap but its still going on and just mean. If these kids are jealous....GET OVER IT! How would u feel if people were on the internet talking about u lime that with out even knowing the real you.

Haters gonna hate. Unfortunately Twitter, Facebook and heaven forbid even this board makes people bold in their anonymity behind their computer screen and gives them a public forum to write whatever they want about anyone and anything.

Jealousy. I think it's pathetic. Yes, she fell at a completion but it happens to the best of us! And that poor girl probably had tons of pressure on her because she's a "cheerlebrity". I've never met Maddy, but I think she looks like a very nice girl and I have nothing bad to say about her.

Not weighing in on the MG issue itself given the fact I've never met her and shes a kid (yeah, I know she graduated high school, but I'm old, and don't need to weigh in opinions -positive or negative- on people half my age).....that being said....

I'm assuming you've read through the threads you're inquiring about...if that's the case, then you know that 1) no one will ever be able to give you a satisfactory answer to the question you've asked because its been asked and argued about in basically every MG thread and 2) this conversation never ends well....or at all. Not trying to be rude, but this topic will just keep the drama stirred up.

Not a Maddie obsessed cp but I give her credit for her ball up and doing it at her advance height, how she representz the sport wether it's from her not or not. However I like many don't think she is the best flyer in the country or cheerleader. I think some of the bashing comes from girls who have been watching this sport and have seen incredible athletes go unnoticed. They feel like the Maddie fanfare is a bit much and I know some who have met her who are llder and have their opinions on her based on expirence. Maddie will never win because theyre are personal haters who are jealous of her life then some who just hate the succes. If that made sense.

I've been Maddies fan since 2007. I didn't become her fan when she hit 360 ball up tic toc at worlds 2010. I became her fan when she was a on junior elite. I became her fan when she was a blonde headband center flyer. And reading things ugly things about her is heart breaking for me.

yes she didn't jump or tumble at worlds 2011. But she was injuried! She shouldn't even compete. It was her coaches decision if she is gonna jump and tumble or not! not her decision.

How can people say she is ugly when she is one of the prettiest girl I've ever seen?
And how can they said she is not good when she was the first flyer who hit ball up 360 tic toc and milkhouse went crazy when she hit it. There is a thing called jealousy and I bet a lot of people who are talking bad stuff about her are just jealous.

She's obviously a great athlete and person, no one is denying that. It's the fact that one athlete in a team sport is so hyped up. Obviously this isn't all her fault, and it could have been anyone. It's just silly IMO how much attention/obsession one athlete can get, when we're not a sport about individuals.

Not saying the bashing is acceptable, because it is not, but as an individual in a team sport, particularly not a professional sport, when you seek out attention (i.e. create your own clothing line with only your name and not the team's) you are going to get criticized as well as complimented more than your average cheerlebrity.

I just think it's really sweet of her how she replies to almost everyone on her real Facebook account, and takes time out of her day to sign a bunch of cards and send them out. :)
Example:
2utgi0p.jpg

(Sorry if it's big!)

I just think it's really sweet of her how she replies to almost everyone on her real Facebook account, and takes time out of her day to sign a bunch of cards and send them out. :)
Example:
2utgi0p.jpg

(Sorry if it's big!)

I'm in no way bashing right now, but I wouldn't 100% believe that it's her replying to those posts. A while back, when a huge fight went on between me and her dad on these boards, over pm he told me his daughter does not control her own social media accounts. I don't know if that's changed since... I believe around 2 or 3 months ago, but that's what I was told.

ETA: I'm not posting this in the hopes of starting drama, but it was shared with me over pm and I think it's something people should know has been said.

Back