All-Star Can You Explain The Pros And Cons Of Crossovers?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

CA does not use crossovers unless it is an injury etc. My older one is helping out her little sister's team for a comp or 2 until they can find a replacement as 2 girls left right after showcase (injury and transportation issues). The pros for my older cp is that she loves meeting new kids, she feels she is doing something by helping out, she loves competing, she goes to the gym for her sister those days anyway etc. The cons is that she has a lot of practices. Usually 4 hours Saturday, and then today she has 5 1/2 hours of practice, then Tuesday and Wednesday. Plus hours of homework nightly even on weekends. They are not high level teams so that makes a difference. But she loves doing it. I can imagine you would have to have some endurance level to do this on level 4/5 teams - and need to be a good student to begin with as well.

I love crossing over. I cross over from Junior 3 down to senior 2. I was originally supposed to be on three teams junior 4 senior 3 and senior 4 but our junior 4 and senior 3 merged into a junior ¾ i guess you could say The only con i have is i am at the gym everyday of the week monday-thursdsday and then saturday and sunday if i don't have competition. There are so many pros i love having two different sets of sisters and two different sets of coaches i really is a blessing.

My cp has crossed over to two teams each year except her first. Every year it was on teams that were close in level (ie. jr 1/sr 1 and this year sr 4/sr 4.2). I agree with many posts that crossovers are necessary for small gyms and I've seen many positive outcomes. I find that cross over athletes do progress with their skills at a faster rate basically due to their additional gym time. Also, you'll see those cross over athletes seem to have more confidence on the competition floor, again due to competing twice as much. If her school work ever did suffer, I'd certainly pull a team but for now, it's been very good.

Back