All-Star Cancel Cheersport?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just FYI.. in 2009 same historic..catastrophic ice storm was predicted for our area of West Ky. I didn't blow it off but thought how bad could it really be. IT WAS BAD. We were without power..heat..hot water for 13 days. Please heed warnings. Consider getting a generator. If you have grill, assume u might be cooking on it. Get cash and gas. Stores opened but since comps didnt work it was cash only. Other items..radio..way to charge cellphone. Etc.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Even if it is supposed to warm up, the problems in our area were because whole power poles were brought down by the weight of ice. In addition the power lines from say..your house..may be pulled away. If that happens power company cant fix their part until you fix yours. As my weatherman says.. hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Those traveling in this, please be careful. I totally understand the dilemma having been in this position myself before but It would be pure tragedy for something to happen to someone because they were trying to get to a cheerleading comp. I truly understand that no one would just say, "forget it", after all the work and money put into Cheersport but again, please be safe.

Even if it is supposed to warm up, the problems in our area were because whole power poles were brought down by the weight of ice. In addition the power lines from say..your house..may be pulled away. If that happens power company cant fix their part until you fix yours. As my weatherman says.. hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Makes sense. Right now the majority of the ice is for south of the city.

Just wondering if weather warnings could cause the state or city to cancel local events.

Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor ice, can hold back the fierceness that is Cheersport. My daughter Ashley competes there this weekend. I see myelf kind of like the father in the movie "The Day after Tomorrow". I will put on my snowshoes and hike through the coldest parts of northern Florida to make my way to the city that was once called Hotlanta. Ohhhhh, this crazy little thing called cheer.

Here's how I imagine it will play out...

Me - "Listen Ashley, there is a fierce storm headed your way. Whatever you do, DO NOT go outside in your cheer uniform, you will freeze to death".
images

Ash - "Dad, don't worry, I'm here with the coed boys and they are gonna help us get through this."
day-after-tomorrow-2.jpg

Me - "I'll risk life and limb to get there. Just don't go on til I get there".
The-Day-After-Tomorrow-1336540.jpg

Me - "Almost out of North Florida... soooooo close"
Tha_Day_after_Tomorrow_by_fleurdemai.jpg

Meanwhile... over Hotlanta...
tumblr_mz07hyFLdn1qbo4dlo1_r1_1280.gif

Most likely I will get lost (I am a man, I don't need a map, or GPS, or Siri)
images

It may end like this... Dang it, I KNEW I walked too far!!!!
mcx-day-after-tomorrow-movie-still-article.jpg

But seriously, to all families going, TRAVEL SAFELY!!!

This could be very bad or be nothing. Won't know till tomorrow and Thursday are over. Atlanta should be fine by Friday power wise. Hopefully. Just don't be too angry if it is rescheduled. I doubt they would do it on a whim.

I think unfortunately a lot of teams will b missing a few athletes, shame to spend all the money and not being able to do your best!

I think this Cheersport will go down in the Record Books for a competition and what it took to get all of the teams, athletes, spectators, Judges-which I am one!!!! etc to get there... Everyone travel safe, and take your time, especially traveling by car please......:fro: CHEERS!!!!!

should be warmer than it has been these past few weeks!! i will be on my way to ATL from Pennsylvania. some of our athletes are flying, some are taking a bus offered by our gym. praying that flights aren't cancelled!! it is supposed to be decent weather this weekend.

pittsburgh poison is comin through your area, causin mass hysteria!

Back