All-Star Cea Expanding....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Pretty sure she's saying the pa coach in question was already released by the pa gym so cea didn't steal anyone... She was already free to go and it just worked out to cea's benefit.

I wish I had just let you handle it. You're much more diplomatic than me. I confess I am biased on the subject.......both coaches in this thread and near and dear to my heart!! LOL

I wish I had just let you handle it. You're much more diplomatic than me. I confess I am biased on the subject.......both coaches in this thread and near and dear to my heart!! LOL
I just can't keep my mouth shut and I don't even have a dog in this fight ;)

I'll throw it out there. If CSP wants to buy my gym, she can do it. It's an opportunity, and one that many people would love to take. Putting the CEA name on the front door is going to increase my business, and they are doing something in NC that is working. Whatever it is, I would want that too. Like Just-A-Mom said, if I am a struggling gym in PA (NOT saying this is the case-I have zero info about any of this) and need to get someone in so I don't have to close my doors, I'm going to do it.

Taking the info from this thread, I'm gathering and assuming this. THIS IS A COMPLETE ASSUMPTION. I am seriously just dreaming up how this went, and what I'm thinking probably happened (not saying this is reality). Coach X was released from a gym and went to CEA. She tells Courtney "hey, there are a lot of problems in PA cheer, and I really wish I could go back and help all those kids I used to coach and love." She knows the CEA rules, the way they do things, and she is a great coach. She does not have a gym to return to in PA, because she was "released". She thinks she can put a better product out there than what they currently have. CSP thinks "well, I trust her with my product, she knows how I want things done, and my name would probably help her get started back home." An ideal situation for CSP, CEA, and this coach is born.
Boo hoo all you want, but I think it's kinda awesome.

Here is a flip side of the negations that also could be assumed, for the sake of argument and in no way am I implying this was done here.

The gym in PA is looking for funding. Funding to keep the gym intact with the original name.. keep the original team. Why was coach X released for this gym? It could be assumed that the owner of the PA Gym no longer wanted to keep ties with this coach, for what ever the reason.. Could it be assumed that the coach left on not good terms? I could say in this assumption yes, as I do not know any owner or business that would not keep ties to a valuable asset. Coach X goes to new gym and new owner and tells of the money woes and stories of this gym and area.. States, "if only you had a gym there you would do so well, you would own the area".. Then the negotiations begin between the two owners. The original gym owner in PA wants to keep their name, and retain ownership, looking for funding to kept the team intact as one.. This owner is now venerable as wanting to do for her kids and has been exposed. The negotiations turn to you sell to us now or we open a mile away and take most of your members with out you getting a dime.. What choice does that owner have than and agrees reluctantly.. There are always at least 2 ways to look at business negotiations. The strong will always be able to leverage the weaker. It is called a "hostile take over".. To make things even better when the business is signed over there is a non disclosure clause keeping any of the details from coming out. CSP is a very good and sharp business woman I have no question.

I just wanted to bring some hilarity into what is SURE to be a drama-filled situation.. :D

I will say though, as far as I know, has ANY location they've opened closed? I went online, and from the looks of it, they're all still there..
It was hilarious, don't get me wrong! LOL

We had a Mt Airy location that isn't open anymore. Everybody else is still going strong!
there was also a Danville location! I remember them only being open for a season or two.

there was also a Danville location! I remember them only being open for a season or two.
It's hard for me to tell by distances on a map, but how far is it from some of the other locations? Did they just end up consolidating? I know both Danville and Mt. Airy are close to the border of VA/NC (I just google mapped it lol)..

I am kind of hoping the new gym is in High Point or Archdale.... it would help the gas bills a lot.

If they did, it would be after I move. Although I live close to the Salem Gym. (Off topic now) Do people realize CEA SALEM is about 5 miles away from Carolina Spirit Athletics? They both have good "business"

If they did, it would be after I move. Although I live close to the Salem Gym. (Off topic now) Do people realize CEA SALEM is about 5 miles away from Carolina Spirit Athletics? They both have good "business"
we're actually larger than Salem now, and have more teams.
and to be honest, when we were at Salem, we always had some gut feeling they were gonna shut us down..the gym is shrinking so much now that I wouldn't be too surprised.

It's hard for me to tell by distances on a map, but how far is it from some of the other locations? Did they just end up consolidating? I know both Danville and Mt. Airy are close to the border of VA/NC (I just google mapped it lol)..
No, I'm pretty sure they just closed all together, because Mt.Airy closed a few years before Danville opened, and then there wasn't a gym in that area for a while, until they opened hampton roads and richmond.

Actually, it might be mutually beneficial. New gym comes to town, new people might see the new gym, consider joining it 'cause it's a new thing, then people determine which gym fits them better and VOILA. An increased customer base..

Sorry I posted my Fame NY response before I saw FamousMatty 's response. Matty, come on. You know she came from another program (NE) and that MANY people left to go with her. I agree with you that Rochester is not overflowing with allstar gyms, but there certainly was some bad blood with NE when all this went down. Regardless of who approached who (because I actually doubt CSP is just randomly gym shopping in PA, so I'd bet she also was approached and not the other way around), it seems awfully similar to what has been described here.

ETA: I'm not 100% sure when she left in relation to when Fame NY opened. I just know she was with NE first. And it did not seem pleasant at all on Facebook when everything happened.

Would you like the full story because Rochester was a cheer drama hot spot for a solid couple of years... and I know the entire story of the Fame NY situation... I was a coach/athlete at the gym bought out by Fame in Rochester.

Would you like the full story because Rochester was a cheer drama hot spot for a solid couple of years... and I know the entire story of the Fame NY situation... I was a coach/athlete at the gym bought out by Fame in Rochester.

if you want to share. I got a lot of it when it happened. That's why I'm surprised someone from fame would comment that this was so bad. I know there was plenty of drama with Heather, NE, etc. Funny I haven't seen anything from any of the gyms up there recently. NE, Core, and Fame ny have been quiet this year. Do they all 3 still exist?

Back