All-Star Cea Expanding....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So what stingrays does with their highly successful program is just sandbagging?

I wouldn't call it sandbagging but Rays and CEA certainly do have complete opposite ideas about how to put together teams and that works for their clientele. Our's works for our's. Neither approach is wrong......just different......and clearly they work for their programs!

You're telling them that you have requirements to make a certain level team. If you start making exceptions for kids that don't have level appropriate skills, you open up a can of worms and most gyms would rather not. It's a way to set a standard so you don't have cheer parents going crazy about why their kid didn't make a team.

Just quoting this one since it's not really about cats.

Point of view from a CEA parent:

Just different philosophies and goals for different gyms. Most (and there are some who don't) parents and kids at CEA understand the bigger prize. Winning a local or regional competition in November-January isn't really that important. What is important is where they are at the end of the season. CEA's coaches do a great job of coaching-up, and getting a particular team ready to move up a level. Usually, by the last competition of the season, if a team is not performing markedly above where they were at the beginning of the season (either a legitimate chance to win in their current level, or moving up and performing a bunch of new skills in a higher division), the coaches do not take satisfaction with the season.

Contrary to popular belief, these L2-3 teams are the pipeline feeding into the countless number of L5 teams at CEA (I didn't include L4, because quite honestly, there are very few L4 teams, as, most of those kids find their way onto a L5 team. Also, I think the only L1 team is a Tiny team). Sure there are several talented kids who join CEA each year, but truthfully, most are not L5-ready until after a hard summer of training with a lot of kids who already are, or who are working very hard to get there. Beach camps, tumbling camps, and team practices get them ready, if not at the beginning of the season, then probably by January.

As parents we get it. We understand where they are trying to get our kids. We understand that in the long-term it's about being coached to be a contender to win a jacket in Dallas or Indy, or ultimately being competitive for a Majors title or a Worlds ring. We understand that it's a marathon and not a sprint. Winning along the way is a bonus, but not why we are in it.

Yes, there are certainly some parents and kids who realize that the long-term goal just isn't for them, and they are content with the other successes that come from this sport. Many of them leave the game to join school teams or focus on other things, but the foundation they have built at CEA certainly goes a long way. I doubt many of them would regret the time spent in the program.

I believe that it is this mindset/philosophy/mission that differentiates CEA from many of the local competitors. To many parents/kids I know at other gyms in the area, winning now is important and that's fine. Certainly the popularity of the CEA brand and the proven success of many different teams gives them luxury of time.

Just quoting this one since it's not really about cats.

Point of view from a CEA parent:

Just different philosophies and goals for different gyms. Most (and there are some who don't) parents and kids at CEA understand the bigger prize. Winning a local or regional competition in November-January isn't really that important. What is important is where they are at the end of the season. CEA's coaches do a great job of coaching-up, and getting a particular team ready to move up a level. Usually, by the last competition of the season, if a team is not performing markedly above where they were at the beginning of the season (either a legitimate chance to win in their current level, or moving up and performing a bunch of new skills in a higher division), the coaches do not take satisfaction with the season.

Contrary to popular belief, these L2-3 teams are the pipeline feeding into the countless number of L5 teams at CEA (I didn't include L4, because quite honestly, there are very few L4 teams, as, most of those kids find their way onto a L5 team. Also, I think the only L1 team is a Tiny team). Sure there are several talented kids who join CEA each year, but truthfully, most are not L5-ready until after a hard summer of training with a lot of kids who already are, or who are working very hard to get there. Beach camps, tumbling camps, and team practices get them ready, if not at the beginning of the season, then probably by January.

As parents we get it. We understand where they are trying to get our kids. We understand that in the long-term it's about being coached to be a contender to win a jacket in Dallas or Indy, or ultimately being competitive for a Majors title or a Worlds ring. We understand that it's a marathon and not a sprint. Winning along the way is a bonus, but not why we are in it.

Yes, there are certainly some parents and kids who realize that the long-term goal just isn't for them, and they are content with the other successes that come from this sport. Many of them leave the game to join school teams or focus on other things, but the foundation they have built at CEA certainly goes a long way. I doubt many of them would regret the time spent in the program.

I believe that it is this mindset/philosophy/mission that differentiates CEA from many of the local competitors. To many parents/kids I know at other gyms in the area, winning now is important and that's fine. Certainly the popularity of the CEA brand and the proven success of many different teams gives them luxury of time.

So this is why I LOVE the boards so much!! haha I simply answered the mans question! I really don't care at all as to why they do what they do! I am sure she has an absolutely wonderful reason! He said he didn't believe that lower levels of theirs don't win and I simply tried to tell him they don't with proof! I never said why because it doesn't effect me and wasn't part of the question! :) Really this thread is about an the possibility of an additional location being added. So my question to you is this: How well do these philosiphies hold up at other CEA expansion gyms that aren't directly run by Courtney or Kelly and don't hold top notch worlds teams as in SSX or SE? Are these kids and parents ok with losing most of the time with the possibility of getting good so they can have the opportunity to drive to one of these locations? I am truly asking because I have no idea how this works? Or is this the reason that additional gyms that CEA opens aren't overly successful? If these locations are growing leaps and bonds with this philosophy I am trying to get some of that teal sweet tea yall are drinking and sereve it to my parents! You have to see that from the outside looking in it is really hard to see. Again this thread isn't about the kville location but a new one! What I guess I am trying to say is that they don't typically open a new gym with Cali like results that is all, and I am wondering that with this philosophy of theirs how well opening a gym so far away with no real chance of being on SSX or SE how it will do.

Trying to get the thread back on track here, if what you say is true and none of our locations except Kernersville and Raleigh field competitive teams then why all the uproar?? I don't understand how threads like this make it to 20 pages if our satellite locations aren't competitive. (No answer required this post is rhetorical) Now, I'm off to bake some cupcakes and pack for a trip to Atlanta.......I'll see y'all on Monday!!! Have a great weekend everyone!!!

So this is why I LOVE the boards so much!! haha I simply answered the mans question! I really don't care at all as to why they do what they do! I am sure she has an absolutely wonderful reason! He said he didn't believe that lower levels of theirs don't win and I simply tried to tell him they don't with proof! I never said why because it doesn't effect me and wasn't part of the question! :) Really this thread is about an the possibility of an additional location being added. So my question to you is this: How well do these philosiphies hold up at other CEA expansion gyms that aren't directly run by Courtney or Kelly and don't hold top notch worlds teams as in SSX or SE? Are these kids and parents ok with losing most of the time with the possibility of getting good so they can have the opportunity to drive to one of these locations? I am truly asking because I have no idea how this works? Or is this the reason that additional gyms that CEA opens aren't overly successful? If these locations are growing leaps and bonds with this philosophy I am trying to get some of that teal sweet tea yall are drinking and sereve it to my parents! You have to see that from the outside looking in it is really hard to see. Again this thread isn't about the kville location but a new one! What I guess I am trying to say is that they don't typically open a new gym with Cali like results that is all, and I am wondering that with this philosophy of theirs how well opening a gym so far away with no real chance of being on SSX or SE how it will do.

I understand what you are asking, and I wish I could provide more insight. Not sure if there is a parent from one of the 'satellite' gyms reading this, but would love to hear their perspective.

i can say that of the CEA satellite locations, all but three are within an hour or so of either Kernersville or Raleigh. The parents who are willing and able to allow their kids to compete on one of Courtney or Kelly's teams absolutely see it as a possibility and the kids see it as a goal. Charlotte, where a number of kids certainly commute to Kernersville (several for many years), in it's first year, has shown great success and in talking to some of the new parents there, the same philosophies are being established in lower levels. The Richmond and Hampton Roads locations are still very new to the program, so I am not sure how much the core philosophies are being pushed. Obviously they aren't seeing Cali-like results, but their attendance still remains quite low and their markets obviously aren't Cali-like.

CEA should totally open in Brooklyn RJsExtremeMom! Blue Ivy needs a place to cheer in 3 years...so get crackin CSP!

Girl... Blue Ivy is going to be F5 or die. Jay and B will buy the gym and move them all to wherever Blue Ivy will be. I just can't see her anywhere else....actually I can't see her at all because they keep her under lock and key.

But Violet and Seraphina Affleck prob need a place to cheer. I could see them in teal... CEA- Beverly Hills.

Girl... Blue Ivy is going to be F5 or die. Jay and B will buy the gym and move them all to wherever Blue Ivy will be. I just can't see her anywhere else....actually I can't see her at all because they keep her under lock and key.

But Violet and Seraphina Affleck prob need a place to cheer. I could see them in teal... CEA- Beverly Hills.
Can We be Friends? :shimmy:

Wait...so now we're cranky when a level 4 team has really solid layouts...but we're really cranky when level 5s have jank, under rotated fulls?

I don't think you can have it both ways...

??? Who said anything about being cranky?

Back