All-Star Cea Memphis

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Me either but I also question the definition of poor behavior. Definitely no one is perfect but some folks just over exaggerate things sometimes too and turn something small into this huge awful sin. Ugh

I can understand the ire with some of her previous behavior---spending time in the archives of FB last year helped me understand some of the CEA hate. But most of the questionable behavior that I consider side eye worthy is years in the past. Nothing she's done recently seems like more than a blip on the radar compares to some of the other people in the industry.

I think CSP, above probably any other industry professional, has not been able to escape past poor behaviors and I'm not sure why.
i think ive only been following CEA since maybe 2009/2010. But i cant for the life of me understand why people bash her and her program so much, i mean what has that poor woman done to piss off so many people. I get she is very straight forward with what she believes in, etc. And obviously not shying away from the cheerlebrity thing, but still. She seems like an extremely passionate person about a sport she obviously loves.

Opening another new gym just to get a profit? That phrase makes no sense to me because most people that own their own business are trying to make a profit. That's how its supposed to work. Somebody show me the non profit all star gym please :) So I don't get the criticism that someone is awful for trying to be more successful. :( Must be awful to be Rockstar, Fame, Premier Athletics, ACE, or PCM, along with CEA these gyms all have at least 9 locations. How dare CEA open a new gym just for profit? Again CSP gets the flack. Come on, its so old......
its not that I don't think gyms shouldn't profit. its also not even about CSP. its about gyms continually open new locations instead of focusing on making the ones that they have more successful. i feel the same about many other gyms. gyms just open up locations to increase their revenue when their other locations still need work. thats where I'm coming from. i would rather have 3 strong, competitive locations, than have 10 that nobody can even remember.. quality over quantity.

its not that I don't think gyms shouldn't profit. its also not even about CSP. its about gyms continually open new locations instead of focusing on making the ones that they have more successful. i feel the same about many other gyms. gyms just open up locations to increase their revenue when their other locations still need work. thats where I'm coming from. i would rather have 3 strong, competitive locations, than have 10 that nobody can even remember.. quality over quantity.

But what, and especially WHO decides what is successful? Do you have to win all the major comps to be successful? Is it not enough to have an amazing atmosphere, with happy families, and kids who thrive to make it a successful gym? I'm sure everyone hasn't been to every "big name little gym"-gym out there and really looked at it from the inside. Until that's done, no one can really say there's a problem, just because a location isn't winning as much..

But what, and especially WHO decides what is successful? Do you have to win all the major comps to be successful? Is it not enough to have an amazing atmosphere, with happy families, and kids who thrive to make it a successful gym? I'm sure everyone hasn't been to every "big name little gym"-gym out there and really looked at it from the inside. Until that's done, no one can really say there's a problem, just because a location isn't winning as much..
I can't Shimmy this enough. You are so right. Not every big name little gym needs a Worlds team to be successful. They are happy and successful in their own right. I wish people would stop comparing the outlier big name gyms to the main locations. It's not fair to them, to the families or to the athletes that attend those locations.

I can't Shimmy this enough. You are so right. Not every big name little gym needs a Worlds team to be successful. They are happy and successful in their own right. I wish people would stop comparing the outlier big name gyms to the main locations. It's not fair to them, to the families or to the athletes that attend those locations.
I agree that success is relative, and that each location will have different things that they are successful at. However, I think that if gyms are expanding, they are somewhat counting on brand recognition and using their wins to their advantage( to gain athletes), which invites the comparisons.

That's what happens with brand names. A made up retail analogy for you:
Say nike wants to expand its product lines to skiing to create more revenue in snow sports. They get a small team together and make Nike Ski but later for some reason unbeknownst to consumers, Nike Ski just isn't able to succeed like their other entities have (basketball, soccer, swimming, tennis) and it shows in their products. Now for some people who went out and supported the Nike Ski line, they are disappointed in Nike & Nike Ski, not just one or the other. Nike's brand name carries weight due to their past success, and if the norm of the brand isn't met then people will think it is unsuccessful.

You are right though, it isn't fair (after all, these are kids sports teams we are talking about) but that's the expectation of using a big brand name.

That's what happens with brand names. A made up retail analogy for you:
Say nike wants to expand its product lines to skiing to create more revenue in snow sports. They get a small team together and make Nike Ski but later for some reason unbeknownst to consumers, Nike Ski just isn't able to succeed like their other entities have (basketball, soccer, swimming, tennis) and it shows in their products. Now for some people who went out and supported the Nike Ski line, they are disappointed in Nike & Nike Ski, not just one or the other. Nike's brand name carries weight due to their past success, and if the norm of the brand isn't met then people will think it is unsuccessful.

You are right though, it isn't fair (after all, these are kids sports teams we are talking about) but that's the expectation of using a big brand name.

That's really not the same though. It's not the customers that aren't happy when it comes to cheer (in this case), but the people looking in. As I said, how can we measure their happiness and success solely based on competition results? That would mean a lot of small gyms are really bad and unsuccessful then? It's just not a good comparison. I get people being disappointed in the whole brand if they're disappointed in one part, but how can people be disappointed when they do not "buy the product"? We're all on the outside looking in, and as far as we know, A LOT of families are happy with CEA, whether that is their main locations, satellites or new affiliations.

If CSP knows that her families are happy with the product she's offering, she feels the passion to spread her product further, and it would help her business, why wouldn't she expand? We all know if people weren't happy they wouldn't be there, so clearly it's not a bad product. People on the outside are just being superficial (in lack of a better word), and assuming/deeming their other locations as less successful based on results.

The whole problem is peoples perception of success.

(Sorry if there are grammatical errors and/or words used in the wrong way, clearly English isn't my native language.)

That's really not the same though. It's not the customers that aren't happy when it comes to cheer (in this case), but the people looking in. As I said, how can we measure their happiness and success solely based on competition results? That would mean a lot of small gyms are really bad and unsuccessful then? It's just not a good comparison. I get people being disappointed in the whole brand if they're disappointed in one part, but how can people be disappointed when they do not "buy the product"? We're all on the outside looking in, and as far as we know, A LOT of families are happy with CEA, whether that is their main locations, satellites or new affiliations.

If CSP knows that her families are happy with the product she's offering, she feels the passion to spread her product further, and it would help her business, why wouldn't she expand? We all know if people weren't happy they wouldn't be there, so clearly it's not a bad product. People on the outside are just being superficial (in lack of a better word), and assuming/deeming their other locations as less successful based on results.

(Sorry if there are grammatical errors and/or words used in the wrong way, clearly English isn't my native language.)
I think both arguments are valid. It really boils down to the business model. Is the gym totally owned and operated by the main program or is it Podunk allstars which has paid main gym a fee to rebrand/franchise themselves as "Chanel #6"? Not saying that the newly named Podunk won't be a great gym... but the new customers they get are coming because of the brand name and expectations they associate with that brand name. They may find themselves happy as clams or they may discover "this is nothing like the Chanel we expected!!!" Even in the owned and operated model, the first year or two can be rough as everyone comes on board and learns the main gym way of doing things (we experienced this at the newly opened satellite my cheerleader went to).

This is the key to it right here. We all, every single one of us has a different definition of success. Some people have louder opinions, some keep them to themselves. If the people at the branded gym are happy and the brand owners are happy and content then everyone else's opinions don't matter if they seem successful or not.

I think both arguments are valid. It really boils down to the business model. Is the gym totally owned and operated by the main program or is it Podunk allstars which has paid main gym a fee to rebrand/franchise themselves as "Chanel #6"? Not saying that the newly named Podunk won't be a great gym... but the new customers they get are coming because of the brand name and expectations they associate with that brand name. They may find themselves happy as clams or they may discover "this is nothing like the Chanel we expected!!!" Even in the owned and operated model, the first year or two can be rough as everyone comes on board and learns the main gym way of doing things (we experienced this at the newly opened satellite my cheerleader went to).

I understand that argument and those concerns, but on here a lot of the times all I see is basically "they're spreading themselves too thin, their other gyms aren't successful, it's bad", and I just don't see how people can pass that judgement from the outside simply based on results. It seems to me that CSP knows what she's doing and their customer base validates it. I'm sure she may make mistakes and some things may not work out, but so far is seems it has. Also this is the first time they've really expanded a bit from home, and until we see the outcome in a year or two, we can't really say what they're doing is wrong. It's unfortunate if what happened to you were to happen with these new locations, but I'm not going to judge it before it happens. That's all I'm saying, people are so happy and quick to pass judgement, and also seem very happy to deem other locations unsuccessful based on results.

I might have a totally different view because I'm from Sweden, here we have 4 regionals, 1 nationals, and only one team can win. That doesn't mean all the other teams aren't successful. Just because your team has never won anything, could still mean you produce amazing athletes that go to other teams, thus making your team less competitive. Idk it just really bothers me how judgemental people are haha!

I understand that argument and those concerns, but on here a lot of the times all I see is basically "they're spreading themselves too thin, their other gyms aren't successful, it's bad", and I just don't see how people can pass that judgement from the outside simply based on results. It seems to me that CSP knows what she's doing and their customer base validates it. I'm sure she may make mistakes and some things may not work out, but so far is seems it has. Also this is the first time they've really expanded a bit from home, and until we see the outcome in a year or two, we can't really say what they're doing is wrong. It's unfortunate if what happened to you were to happen with these new locations, but I'm not going to judge it before it happens. That's all I'm saying, people are so happy and quick to pass judgement, and also seem very happy to deem other locations unsuccessful based on results.

I might have a totally different view because I'm from Sweden, here we have 4 regionals, 1 nationals, and only one team can win. That doesn't mean all the other teams aren't successful. Just because your team has never won anything, could still mean you produce amazing athletes that go to other teams, thus making your team less competitive. Idk it just really bothers me how judgemental people are haha!
Oh don't get me wrong... what happened to us was not a bad thing at all... just growing pains until everyone got with the program. My comments are not directed at CSP/CE or any other particular program- just general observations. My daughter found happiness in many different types of programs over the years.

Back