All-Star Cea Opening A New Charlotte Location?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 3, 2010
Thought I'd take a break from the craziness of the past few days and ask this.

I saw that CEA is opening a gym in Charlotte. Anyone have any details on this because this is excellent news for me! I've been wanting this for years since it's definitely a more convenient drive from my house.

I also don't mean this to be an "OMG SEEYUH ELITEEE! TEAL ARMY" post, I bleed teal, but not like that haha

I like CEA and everything, theres no doubt that they have talent... but this is like my civics and economics class. Like.. CEA is monopolizing NC. Know what I mean? Like... what about all of the small gyms? When a big gym like CEA opens up, the small gyms pretty much dont stand a chance. A bunch of kids will leave their small homey gyms for a big name gym that will probably bring home the titles.
:[
Sad sad sad, but true.

I like CEA and everything, theres no doubt that they have talent... but this is like my civics and economics class. Like.. CEA is monopolizing NC. Know what I mean? Like... what about all of the small gyms? When a big gym like CEA opens up, the small gyms pretty much dont stand a chance. A bunch of kids will leave their small homey gyms for a big name gym that will probably bring home the titles.
:[
Sad sad sad, but true.
I don't know that I agree with this so much. Yes, CEA has a great reputation and puts out some great teams, but being from NC and in the cheer world for the last 6 years, it's really "kernersville" and increasingly "Raleigh" that are the locations that stand up and make you take notice. The other locations are just gyms like everyone else. They wear the uniform and are part of the CEA organization but in terms of titles and intimidation factors, I don't see the satellites in quite the same way.

There are several programs of varying size in and around Charlotte. While there are always enough disgruntled folks in any program that would be willing to sign up upon CEA's new opening, I think there are just as many that are happy where they are that the simple fact CEA is opening a gym in Charlotte won't make them leave their current program.

I guess what I'm trying to say is just because it's CEA doesn't mean the entirety of the Charlotte area cheer population will run right over and sign up. We're very happy at Aviator and hold our own just fine against all the CEA gyms and don't have any interest in leaving...but I can name some folks from more gyms than mine that would likely be first in line for other reasons. We are a pretty sizable program however, the small gyms might take a much greater hit (proportionally) than we will.

I don't know that I agree with this so much. Yes, CEA has a great reputation and puts out some great teams, but being from NC and in the cheer world for the last 6 years, it's really "kernersville" and increasingly "Raleigh" that are the locations that stand up and make you take notice. The other locations are just gyms like everyone else. They wear the uniform and are part of the CEA organization but in terms of titles and intimidation factors, I don't see the satellites in quite the same way.

There are several programs of varying size in and around Charlotte. While there are always enough disgruntled folks in any program that would be willing to sign up upon CEA's new opening, I think there are just as many that are happy where they are that the simple fact CEA is opening a gym in Charlotte won't make them leave their current program.

I guess what I'm trying to say is just because it's CEA doesn't mean the entirety of the Charlotte area cheer population will run right over and sign up. We're very happy at Aviator and hold our own just fine against all the CEA gyms and don't have any interest in leaving...but I can name some folks from more gyms than mine that would likely be first in line for other reasons. We are a pretty sizable program however, the small gyms might take a much greater hit (proportionally) than we will.
True true, I agree with this as well. :3 I cheered for CEA Raleigh and Sanford and even the k-ville and raleigh kids talk about how the other programs dont match up.
How close is Aviators to Charlotte? I didnt realize yall were close :3 I just knew about CAC and Charlotte Extreme. Oh, and the concord gyms, like Odyssey, and I think TumbleMania and Prodigy?

Took the words right out of my mouth!

The program in Charlotte is a whole new concept for CEA. Very different from what we have done in the past with "satellite" gyms. Charlotte will the be the first city to host "Cheer Extreme Select" ... an "all in" concept that encourages families who make allstar cheerleading their absolute number one priority and agree from the start to travel, commit, and accelerate skills all season. Location, tryout info and details will be announced in the am :)

True true, I agree with this as well. :3 I cheered for CEA Raleigh and Sanford and even the k-ville and raleigh kids talk about how the other programs dont match up.
How close is Aviators to Charlotte? I didnt realize yall were close :3 I just knew about CAC and Charlotte Extreme. Oh, and the concord gyms, like Odyssey, and I think TumbleMania and Prodigy?

Yep. We are in Gastonia which is about 20-30 minutes from downtown Charlotte. Our gym is made up of people from Charlotte, Gastonia, York SC clover SC lincolnton etc. etc. we've got a few driving from Greenville SC as well.

The program in Charlotte is a whole new concept for CEA. Very different from what we have done in the past with "satellite" gyms. Charlotte will the be the first city to host "Cheer Extreme Select" ... an "all in" concept that encourages families who make allstar cheerleading their absolute number one priority and agree from the start to travel, commit, and accelerate skills all season. Location, tryout info and details will be announced in the am :)

Sounds like Mt. Airy 10 years ago, in a town with population and resources.

Cheer Extreme Announces the addition of our 8th location in Charlotte, NC.

12815 E Independence Blvd
Stallings, NC

Open House: Thursday May 3 6:00-8:00
Tryouts: Tuesday May 8 6:30-8:30 ( Level 2-3 all ages )
Wednesday May 9 6:30-8:30 ( Level 4-5 all ages )

Coaching Staff: Head Coached - Courtney Smith-Pope and Brandon Hale
Tumbling Director - Dan Olvera

Charlotte will be the first location to house "Cheer Extreme Select" a program for the truly competitive athlete that includes conditioning, required tumbling hours, and full commitment to allstar team practices.

Monthly tuition = $160 per month and will include the above training extras

We have been working on developing this project for years as a result of the numerous members we have currently commuting to Kernersville from this area and are thrilled with the new location and support from the community.

For more information please email Courtney directly at [email protected]

Back