All-Star Certification, What Do The Programs Teach/consist Of.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 26, 2012
This goes to back to my post about coaches being certified All-Star. What are the different things the certifications consist of (depending on whom you go through)? Sport injury's, how to spot them, when to make the phone call to the parents to come to the gym etc.? First Aid, CPR? Sports Psychology (dealing with mental blocks)? Does any of the training talk about what is appropriate behavior and whats not. As in a coach letting a teen cheerleader sit in their lap at a cheer comp? How to handle a flirtatiousness teenager? Do some gyms have dress codes (sports bras and short shorts a no no). I assume it's up to the gym to do a background check, unless it's the coach that owns the gym then what is their? Is it kosher for a coach to date someone on the senior squad? My husband states if he where a cheer coach he would never want to be along with one of the girls (I assume even a boy), nor would cp ever be along with a coach.

Here is information on the USASF coach credentialing. It is entirely skill based.

USASF.NET

Here is information on USASF gym credentialing. It is safety based and does include some of the other things you ask about:

USASF.NET

Here is information on AACCA. It is entirely safety based. There are lots of things for high school coaches, program administrators and parents as well:

AACCA

Most of the rest of the things are typically taught/required at the gym/business level.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back