All-Star ? Champion Cup : I Saw This On Facebook ?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So does varsity have anything to do with this? If not who is running it? Could this possibly replace worlds?

This is being produced by The Cheerleading Agency and USA Sports Production. Neither are affiliated with Varsity.

It is intended to be a unique true Nationals experience and is held in the summer to not compete with any school or All Star competition schedule.

You won't be competing for a gym or for a specific school. Each state will have the opportunity to form teams of kids performing either high school style or All Star style routines.

It would depend on your individual state requirements but you it should technically not violate rules to not compete on School and All Star teams.
I feel the sandbag argument, version 4,674 approaching.

So this is a state team (coached by who?) made up of athletes from all over the state (many different gyms or schools) and not affiliated with any one particular brand?

When will these teams be formed and when/where will they train? It won't be a conflict of interest for them to be on 2 different all star teams (it's stated in our contract that you can't compete with us and another all star team).

I'm a bit confused about the logistics of the concept

So this is a state team (coached by who?) made up of athletes from all over the state (many different gyms or schools) and not affiliated with any one particular brand?

When will these teams be formed and when/where will they train? It won't be a conflict of interest for them to be on 2 different all star teams (it's stated in our contract that you can't compete with us and another all star team).

I was about to post these exact questions. I think it will be an interesting logistical challenge to get these teams formed, and, unless there's an intense push for high-level sponsorship of athletes (which, let's be honest, will only be a successful sell if this competition is going to receive a lot of media exposure), I'm not sure each state will be able to send teams (for instance, I can't imagine Alaska and Hawaii being able to send 72 teams of kids each, plus coaches, parents, etc - the costs would be ... tremendous). Again, if this is going to be a high-level national competition with media exposure outside of the normal cheerleading-specific corners, it could work. Getting it there, though, will be tough.

I understand the concept of it, yet this is not what the Allstar industry is used too. I could see maybe the high school's putting together an 'All State' Team from cheer squads that compete at States and then going from there.

I think the idea is a good one, but the information released was a little confusing and seems to me that it needs to be presented in a clearer method.

I would support this , but I don't think that many allstar gyms would be up for it. And who would be monitoring if the team really is a mesh of different kids from different cities or if a true level 5 team that has been together all year will just compete together.

One state coach coaching multiple high school athletes I could get behind. One state coach coaching All-Star kids, NEVER. I think this has potential to be a great way for high school kids to get recognized, kind of like a combine for high school football. Call me crazy, but I don't want any other coach coaching my kids. Also this has "recruiting" drama written all over it (if it's done with all-star kids).

A website is due to go active on June 1st and it should have the latest information including details for coach selection and the athlete tryout process.

For now the timeline is for coach selections to start happening in June and teams to be formed later in the summer/early fall. There is will coaching/practice guidelines to make it a non-competitive/non-recruiting atmosphere within the state and standard practice rules across the states.

Again, anyone competing for your state won't be competing for any gym or school so I don't think it should violate any non-compete rules. Think of it as being picked for Team USA at the state level. There have been a number of interested coaches and athletes so far.

This event is still over a year out so details are still being finalized, but will be released when they are. The Majors was a great event (besides the prize disappointment), but when the first press release came out there was very little information. Keep the questions coming and I'll do my best to make sure and answer them.

I was about to post these exact questions. I think it will be an interesting logistical challenge to get these teams formed, and, unless there's an intense push for high-level sponsorship of athletes (which, let's be honest, will only be a successful sell if this competition is going to receive a lot of media exposure), I'm not sure each state will be able to send teams (for instance, I can't imagine Alaska and Hawaii being able to send 72 teams of kids each, plus coaches, parents, etc - the costs would be ... tremendous). Again, if this is going to be a high-level national competition with media exposure outside of the normal cheerleading-specific corners, it could work. Getting it there, though, will be tough.

I hope some kids will be excited to cheer for their state at a big competition and with a year to plan for it, can help make it happen. There are will be sponsorships though. ..

I understand the concept of it, yet this is not what the Allstar industry is used too. I could see maybe the high school's putting together an 'All State' Team from cheer squads that compete at States and then going from there.

I think the idea is a good one, but the information released was a little confusing and seems to me that it needs to be presented in a clearer method.

I would support this , but I don't think that many allstar gyms would be up for it. And who would be monitoring if the team really is a mesh of different kids from different cities or if a true level 5 team that has been together all year will just compete together.

Coach selection will assess the level of each coach. HS coaches will coach HS athletes unless they have a demonstrated All Star experience and qualification.

There will be guidelines so coaches utilize a fair and standardized tryout process and don't handpick their teams with their own kids. I would hope any smart coach would love to truly put together the top 20/30 kids in any given division from his/her state.

One state coach coaching multiple high school athletes I could get behind. One state coach coaching All-Star kids, NEVER. I think this has potential to be a great way for high school kids to get recognized, kind of like a combine for high school football. Call me crazy, but I don't want any other coach coaching my kids. Also this has "recruiting" drama written all over it (if it's done with all-star kids).

I think I've addressed your post in my last two answers, except to point out there is a College combine for interested athletes the two days following the event.

I think being on a state team is a great way for exceptional kids from each state to all be highlighted in one place.

Coach selection will assess the level of each coach. HS coaches will coach HS athletes unless they have a demonstrated All Star experience and qualification.

There will be guidelines so coaches utilize a fair and standardized tryout process and don't handpick their teams with their own kids. I would hope any smart coach would love to truly put together the top 20/30 kids in any given division from his/her state.

When will all of that information be released? So they will have a hs division and an allstar division then? Again I like the concept, I just would like it all laid out there so everyone can assess it before putting to the wayside because of all of their questions. =)

I know in Illinois we are not allowed to compete on anything but our High school teams. You cannot legally do both allstar and high school. Do you know if this would be allowed since its through the state?

I coach at a HS in Illinois. Since this competition takes place during HS competition off season, you would be allowed to compete. Much like how all star gyms do the quarter season teams for HS cheerleaders, this would be the same concept.

When will all of that information be released? So they will have a hs division and an allstar division then? Again I like the concept, I just would like it all laid out there so everyone can assess it before putting to the wayside because of all of their questions. =)

Website due to go active June 1st.

Even then it will take time to finalize all the details but there is a great group of people working on this. Everyone is committed to setting this up right so that it is a positive experience all the way through and coaches/kids/parents are proud they participated on their state team at whichever level.

In theory that sounds great, in reality I could see issues.

In theory that sounds great, in reality I could see issues.

I don't expect everyone to be perfect, but we'll set the guidelines up from the beginning so there are no surprises and we are already doing everything to make it as fair and balanced as possible.

Back