All-Star ? Champion Cup : I Saw This On Facebook ?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If this takes off I think it would be really awesome for the sport. I'm very excited about the concept. I hope it works well!

I think sometimes there's what's best for the sport and what's best for private business and they don't always go hand in hand. I'm sure the people who devised this concept were not setting out to use it as vehicle to poach, recruit or make super stacked teams, but genuinely trying something new to see if we could shake up an industry that's threatening to implode due to monopolies, intractable power brokers and lots and lots and lots of money.

Disclaimer: I may be in an optimistic mood because I was listening to too much TSwift today. There may be some seriously nefarious shenanigans driving this project but I'm too giddy to speculate.
I don't disagree and I think the people putting this together are trying to go out of the box and I think that's great. If the recruiting drama ensues I think it will be (entirely) a side effect and not something intended. Even I can't conjure up that kind of pessimism :)

Maybe it's the pessimist in me (which is actually not a large part of me) but the opportunities for recruitment are significant. I get that it's over the summer so it's the "off season" (if there is such a thing) for all star so it's "legal" But, to have the best of the best in one place with some other Allstar coach...probably from the same state....

I just think the temptation for that coach would be awfully significant to build a superstar all star team for their home gym.

I see drama. LOTS of drama....not that it's a foreign concept to anyone in the cheer industry.

It sounds like it is the pessimist in you.

I feel confident there are enough people who are interested in the good of the sport rather than your scenario. Again, the team I know who is working on this event are committed to making it positive for all involved.

It sounds like it is the pessimist in you.

I feel confident there are enough people who are interested in the good of the sport rather than your scenario. Again, the team I know who is working on this event are committed to making it positive for all involved.
You should probably refer to my post directly above this one. I'm not saying that's the intent, I'm just saying over 50 states with the best of the best on one team, thats a consideration, not everyone has your ethics. As someone who's involved with the planning, as long as you're aware that it's a potential side effect (and recognize it as a possibility, no matter how remote) and can address it on the front side, I think you'll be just fine.

You should probably refer to my post directly above this one. I'm not saying that's the intent, I'm just saying over 50 states with the best of the best on one team, thats a consideration, not everyone has your ethics. As someone who's involved with the planning, as long as you're aware that it's a potential side effect (and recognize it as a possibility, no matter how remote) and can address it on the front side, I think you'll be just fine.

I didn't intend my reply to you in a bad way, I was just replying using your words.

I understand your concern and I appreciate yours and everyone else's feedback here. It's easy to provide feedback that others can turn into drama that hasn't even happened yet. It's only human nature to feed on the negative ideas and I've been watching it happen for years on the boards. My goal is always to take a negative thought and turn it into a positive solution.

I believe that there will be a number of coaches who are sharing the role of building the best possible team for their state. My hopes are that with proper guidelines and a well respected coaching selection team in place that this will grow the spirit of cooperation and positive competition amongst coaches within a state, not tear it down.

I'll agree that at a very minimum, I LOVE the "out-of-the-box" thinking!! As an industry, I think we are too limited by the box ("it's just not Worlds if it isn't in the milkhouse").

I can't wait to see more!

I believe that there will be a number of coaches who are sharing the role of building the best possible team for their state. My hopes are that with proper guidelines and a well respected coaching selection team in place that this will grow the spirit of cooperation and positive competition amongst coaches within a state, not tear it down.

Is there any more information on this? I hadn't heard anything and was curious.

Back