All-Star Champions Cup To Relaunch Site Tomorrow.. Thoughts?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

DropAndRun

Cheer Parent
Sep 9, 2012
That competition looks really exciting! But no, I haven't heard anything about it. How long has this competition been around for?

That competition looks really exciting! But no, I haven't heard anything about it. How long has this competition been around for?

They have tried to get it off the ground I believe two different times now, but it has never worked- if it succeeds, this year will be their first.

We went through the tryout process last year and while it sounded exciting, it fizzled and the event was eventually cancelled.

They have tried to get it off the ground I believe two different times now, but it has never worked- if it succeeds, this year will be their first.

We went through the tryout process last year and while it sounded exciting, it fizzled and the event was eventually cancelled.

Trying to get cheerleaders and dancers from all 50 states to all compete at one place does sound like a disaster waiting to happen. So many things could go wrong! And that's why it got cancelled the first few times. Hopefully it does work this year because this competition has a good concept.

Very interesting concept but very difficult to coordinate and pull off for many reasons. One of the big ones would be there is no off-season which gives the kids a break from their programs to pursue something like this. Another (maybe fixed now) is not knowing where a team will be 'housed' until after tryouts and teams are set.

Cheer Dad = broke dad

Very interesting concept but very difficult to coordinate and pull off for many reasons. One of the big ones would be there is no off-season which gives the kids a break from their programs to pursue something like this. Another (maybe fixed now) is not knowing where a team will be 'housed' until after tryouts and teams are set.

Cheer Dad = broke dad

I was also wondering about the off-season thing. Unless you ask Dumbledore for a time spell, I don't see how people have time for this competition. But we need to wait until they launch the website before we assume anything.

Cheer Dad = broke dad
Two very valid points. Interestingly, the second one was a huge issue for us as the teams in our area were in the first gym we had left and would not go back to regardless of the circumstance. Cost is another factor. I don't know many parents who want to pay for another uniform, comp fees and cheer related travel costs in the "off" season.

I never mentioned cost since if people want to do this they'll find a way but how do you try out at a gym near you, make a L4 team and then find out your practices are at a location 4 hrs away?

I better concept might be to work this like a 'summer camp' concentrate on 1 or 2 levels and maybe use if as a college recruiting tool. Not sure how that would work, just throwing an idea out there.

Cheer Dad = broke dad

For anyone only doing high school or prep teams, this would work great... but they are marketing at regular All-Star kids correct?

For anyone only doing high school or prep teams, this would work great... but they are marketing at regular All-Star kids correct?
I think anyone would be welcome but definitely geared towards all stars.

Cheer Dad = broke dad

Back