All-Star Champions League 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I haven't really seen the hate stuff. But, I did see the entire Champions League - all 6+ hours. Senior Elite had my vote for Grand Champs - and I think my opinion is pretty objective. Agreed with Black Ops as Coed champs too!

I don't read the hate stuff. It's whatever. Lol. If people weren't talking about us it would mean we weren't competitive. Same for WCSS, panthers, f5, orange.....nobody talks about the teams who aren't a threat to win. I think we should all take it as the backhanded compliment it is. Lol.

But thank you for your nice words about SE! They were very happy with their performance!!

Agreed....I was like why can't I sing big girls don't cry?

Same for us....we're emotionally attached to our music. Especially fight song. I sang fight song in the stands anyway! Badly, but I did it. Thank you to the nicest 2 moms in front of me who when I apologized for singing badly said "they were amazing.....you sing as badly as you need to to support them." Bless your hearts for understanding!!!

And they didn't do the cry hand movement. Waaahhh I was the big girl crying because they didn't have their right music!

if you didn't already think i was a terrible person... this posit will probably make me seem like one...

but why is the new "trend" money for charity? (both CL and the "new" triple crown system) It is a wonderful idea and donating to charity is always wonderful (I especially LOVE LOVE LOVE that MT money won goes towards supporting EYE) but is it really teaching the kids anything? In theory it's to teach them selflessness and giving, but their parents are shelling out 2/3x what their winnings are to get them there. they show up to another competition, win, and don't see the money so they aren't really connected to it. Hold a fundraiser, make the kids work for the money and tour the hospitals/organizations they're donating to or volunteer there if you want them to give to charity. I realize there are only so many hours in the day and i am NOT blaming the kids.. hopefully they have chosen ones near and dear to their heart and the kids are invested in winning it for them.

But in reality it's probably just a varsity scheme to get a tax write off. :rolleyes: I think that's why it bothers me. and the astronomical cost of this sport already - why can't we lower costs to participate instead of handing out $20,000 to charity and let the family donate as they choose with their saved money?

My favorite dance competition was one the where the top 3 teams had a cash prize because it went back to us ;p

I agree though and have been thinking about it, but not say anything---maybe because other sports do it? In cheer I just think it's odd. I'd rather there be no money or money go to the athletes or gym. Unless it's a Paid bid---then it better go to the kids.

Warm to California is definitely different to warm in the south. There were about 4/5 hours everyday that was perfect.....the rest of the time I froze. Lmao

Yeah, all YALL saying there was a heat wave, I must respectfully disagree. [emoji23]

You're correct it's not a Varsity event, it's was a group of seasoned gym owners who came up with CL and they needed an EP, so they chose GSSA since they are not Varsity
This was my impression. I vaguely remember a while back CSP rallying the troops in a teleconference about...something something something...Varsity is evil. Coincidentally, all the cryptic Champions League stuff came out not long after, which just further pointed towards a movement for a Varsity alternative.

Seems weird that this event should be so fraught with issues, thinking they'd learn from what they hate about Varsity. So if the idea is still for gym owners to thumb their noses at Varsity, I don't think they are in much danger just yet.

This was my impression. I vaguely remember a while back CSP rallying the troops in a teleconference about...something something something...Varsity is evil. Coincidentally, all the cryptic Champions League stuff came out not long after, which just further pointed towards a movement for a Varsity alternative.

Seems weird that this event should be so fraught with issues, thinking they'd learn from what they hate about Varsity. So if the idea is still for gym owners to thumb their noses at Varsity, I don't think they are in much danger just yet.

Running an event is not nearly as easy as it seems. I wasn't at CL, so I can't directly speak to any issues that happened, however, Varsity and it's sub-companies have hosted thousands of events over the last 40 years. This was the second-ever CL event. Some growing pains are to be expected.

Warm to California is definitely different to warm in the south. There were about 4/5 hours everyday that was perfect.....the rest of the time I froze. Lmao
But aren't you cold any time it is below 90°

**If you are going to accuse a 12-year-old of stealing please make sure your grown up mommy butt can fit into the shorts first**

I saw on Twitter that actress who played Winnie in Bring It On was involved with something. I was super stoked because I love the actress on General Hospital!

Warm for winter/spring if it was a week earlier we were at 90s during the day and 75 at night. Pretty nice considering much of the country is frozen for sure though we don't get that sticky hot weather :)

Back