All-Star Champions League 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We actually got an email regarding jackets last night!

That being said, my thought is, if the information isn't available because they're still working on a solution, could no one just say that? I also find it hard to believe that a fleet of school buses to shuttle people from hotel to event and tiny little cards with a map of the shuttle stops printed on them were all arranged, paid for and printed less than a week before the event (when we found out about them). That took some preplanning. I'm not saying we need a map, but "don't worry, shuttles will be circulating to and from both venues and all stay to play hotels" from the start would have been nice.

I do think that the types of personalities with the "big" ideas in cheer are typically not type A people. So, it's probably not super important or even on their minds to think of the details. its also easy for them to think type A's are overreacting and just need to calm down and it'll all work out.
What your saying makes good sense. You know, it's great that they approach this event from the perspective of the athlete and coach. But they're lacking the input from the perspective of the parent. When does that get considered? Especially given that we foot the bill on all of it. I like the idea of CL but it's not all about the athletes and coaches. Parents are integral in an events success whether they believe it or not. And it's in their best interest to keep parents in the loop. In particular when significant travel and expense is involved. Simply by having a point of reference that we could go to for answers to our questions would go a long way towards appeasing parents and coaches alike. And a credible website. It doesn't require that much to keep us happy. But an information void is enough to incite panic. A little public relations could go a long way.

I'm really glad you were contacted about the jackets. Better late than never, huh? I've been told this is the only time they will be giving out jackets like they are with the team name and the athletes name embroidered on it. I can only hope the jackets arrive before the end of the season.

Last edited:
i thought there was weekly/biweekly/monthly calls with athlete and then separate ones with team mom/parent representation throughout the year?

@klynn64 I wholeheartedly agree. The value of my child's cheer career has been steadily declining the past few years and this is definitely one of the many reasons. Not all of the reasons are about money, either. But honestly it's imperative IMHO that someone is able to answer questions even if it's to say "we don't know the answer to that yet because..." I truly don't understand why that's so difficult.

Am I the only one that doesn't think CL needs to "cover their tracks" at all?

With different judging panels, it isn't equitable to use just scores compared side by side to determine a Grand Champion. That is why you allow judges to collaborate an determine who they (as a consensus) feel was the best overall.

The only way to use JUST scores is to have the whole thing judged by the same people, which really isn't being very nice to your judges.
No you definitely aren't. I have been trying to think of a way to say this and you said it perfectly!

No you definitely aren't. I have been trying to think of a way to say this and you said it perfectly!

When dealing with 2 different panels there has to be a fair equitable way to determine Grand Champ. I thought i saw outlined on the website that the Grand Champ would be determined by taking the average top scores between Coed and All Girl and that would determine but i seem to not be able to locate it now.

Personally, I have no opinion on Grand Champion as i have not seen any of the routines and half the time what i think is totally opposite of what the judges thought.

I partially like the concept of Champion League - not a huge fan of the movie aspect.

@klynn64 I wholeheartedly agree. The value of my child's cheer career has been steadily declining the past few years and this is definitely one of the many reasons. Not all of the reasons are about money, either. But honestly it's imperative IMHO that someone is able to answer questions even if it's to say "we don't know the answer to that yet because..." I truly don't understand why that's so difficult.

If that line isn't telling, then I don't know what is. It's a shame that so many parents involved in this new trend of invite-only competitions feel this way. This industry should be working together to grow TOGETHER...These types of events isolate. And to whose benefit? While the idea of a prom and a movie is different and exciting, there's nothing revolutionary or ground-breaking about either despite those adjectives being thrown around.

Am I the only one that doesn't think CL needs to "cover their tracks" at all?

With different judging panels, it isn't equitable to use just scores compared side by side to determine a Grand Champion. That is why you allow judges to collaborate an determine who they (as a consensus) feel was the best overall.

The only way to use JUST scores is to have the whole thing judged by the same people, which really isn't being very nice to your judges.
Questioning scoring at an event is not unique to this competition. Then when you have a high profile event where the scoring is unique and it involves a "Judges Choice" Grand Champion selection, you should anticipate even further confusion and questioning of the results.. In addition the posting and then prompt removal of what seemed to be inaccurate score information on the CL website only further exacerbated people's suspicions.

If people find cause to question NCA results, it should come as no surprise the same could occur for CL.

Questioning scoring at an event is not unique to this competition. Then when you have a high profile event where the scoring is unique and it involves a "Judges Choice" Grand Champion selection, you should anticipate even further confusion and questioning of the results.. In addition the posting and then prompt removal of what seemed to be inaccurate score information on the CL website only further exacerbated people's suspicions.

If people find cause to question NCA results, it should come as no surprise the same could occur for CL.
I get that, and I know there will always be questions. I was just wondering if people get that you can't use strictly scores to determine something like this if they aren't scored by the same people.

It would be like having two different people grade essays, then saying one student did WAY BETTER than another, even though the two graders may do it in different ways/through different perspectives. Does that make sense?

Posting the scores in such a strange way? They just need to be thorough, I guess, before "hitting send".

What your saying makes good sense. You know, it's great that they approach this event from the perspective of the athlete and coach. But they're lacking the input from the perspective of the parent. When does that get considered? Especially given that we foot the bill on all of it. I like the idea of CL but it's not all about the athletes and coaches. Parents are integral in an events success whether they believe it or not. And it's in their best interest to keep parents in the loop. In particular when significant travel and expense is involved. Simply by having a point of reference that we could go to for answers to our questions would go a long way towards appeasing parents and coaches alike. And a credible website. It doesn't require that much to keep us happy. But an information void is enough to incite panic. A little public relations could go a long way.

I'm really glad you were contacted about the jackets. Better late than never, huh? I've been told this is the only time they will be giving out jackets like they are with the team name and the athletes name embroidered on it. I can only hope the jackets arrive before the end of the season.

Not champions league but I just went t0 a brand new competition in the uk safe to say it was amazing and the parent loved it too because there was transparency, they knew what to expect and they even had a parent pack out with info about the comp, where to park and proposed layout of the arena. I read it as was curious and really helped.

Hello I'm really late to the thread and I wish I had the time to read 520 posts but does anyone know when it comes out and where I can find information about it?

Hello I'm really late to the thread and I wish I had the time to read 520 posts but does anyone know when it comes out and where I can find information about it?
When what comes out?

**Show of hands, who thinks their vague booking about changing gyms is so clever we don't understand it?**

Back