All-Star Champions League 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm trying to decide if it's better to have an all girl and a coed grand champion because the requirements on each scoresheet are so different. I'll use WCSS at Majors and Panthers at NCA as my example. Even though each team delivered a flawless performance they still didn't outscore tglc or Brandon. They're routine us difficult and hits the scoresheet well. Nobody can deny SS delivery of their routine at Majors was show stopping.

Having 2 judging panels and 2 divisions vying for the grand prize is comparing apples to oranges in my opinion.

I'm trying to decide if it's better to have an all girl and a coed grand champion because the requirements on each scoresheet are so different. I'll use WCSS at Majors and Panthers at NCA as my example. Even though each team delivered a flawless performance they still didn't outscore tglc or Brandon. They're routine us difficult and hits the scoresheet well. Nobody can deny SS delivery of their routine at Majors was show stopping.

Having 2 judging panels and 2 divisions vying for the grand prize is comparing apples to oranges in my opinion.

Large coed requirement is only different in 1 aspect and the scoring all still adds up to. 100%. If you have 1 panel judge then I think u can have a true Grand Champ.

On a Comparative score sheet based on who is in your division - Grand Champ would never work out across all divisions.

Curious. When using 2 panel judges - is 1 panel judging all coed and the other panel judging all girl divisions? If each panel is judging a mix of coed and all girl then u still wouldn't be able to justify a true Grand Champ.

Large coed requirement is only different in 1 aspect and the scoring all still adds up to. 100%. If you have 1 panel judge then I think u can have a true Grand Champ.

On a Comparative score sheet based on who is in your division - Grand Champ would never work out across all divisions.

Curious. When using 2 panel judges - is 1 panel judging all coed and the other panel judging all girl divisions? If each panel is judging a mix of coed and all girl then u still wouldn't be able to justify a true Grand Champ.

Randomness ahead... I have to say, every time I see your user name I want to yell YOU ARE SOMEONE SPECIAL! It breaks my mommy heart. :(

Ok, carry on.

Would changing the name grand champ help what people are having issue with? What if the highest award was "Judges Choice Champion" or something better made up by someone with a knack for those things. You could still have your overall from all girl and coed. I can see where everyone is coming from because it doesn't logically make sense. However, I don't understand why everyone is so against the judges choosing the best overall for the day. Are the judges not capable of saying who they think was the best that day, regardless of if it was a team they scored?

I get that, and I know there will always be questions. I was just wondering if people get that you can't use strictly scores to determine something like this if they aren't scored by the same people.

It would be like having two different people grade essays, then saying one student did WAY BETTER than another, even though the two graders may do it in different ways/through different perspectives. Does that make sense?

Posting the scores in such a strange way? They just need to be thorough, I guess, before "hitting send".
I agree with what you've said. But I think there is a learning curve when it comes to CL'and their unique method of awarding titles. People will continue to question until they can embrace the process. It doesn't mean that they are being accusatory rather just questioning in order to better understand the process. If you look at the scores and the titles awarded it doesn't make sense initially without an understanding of the approach taken (and maybe not even then). There were seemingly obvious mistakes made on the posted score sheets and when questioned the score sheets disappeared without explanation. That's an odd thing to occur.

I really think people get the concept of separate judging panels and comparing apples and oranges.

Not champions league but I just went t0 a brand new competition in the uk safe to say it was amazing and the parent loved it too because there was transparency, they knew what to expect and they even had a parent pack out with info about the comp, where to park and proposed layout of the arena. I read it as was curious and really helped.
Transparency is so important for everyone involved. I think that EP definitely has their act together..

Randomness ahead... I have to say, every time I see your user name I want to yell YOU ARE SOMEONE SPECIAL! It breaks my mommy heart. :(

Ok, carry on.

Lol. Nothing negative.

Not sure I will explain this well, but when the boom of Cheerlebrity with certain athletes being put on pedestal my opinion and what I would tell my CP " an individual is NoOneSpecial but with their team behind them they are SomeOneSpecial". This sport is about the team and not individuals.

I was a very rebellious teen and numerous times I would be asked "who do u think u r?" Me being a smarty pants my reply was "NoOneSpecial to you but SomeOneSpecial to those that know me".

Would changing the name grand champ help what people are having issue with? What if the highest award was "Judges Choice Champion" or something better made up by someone with a knack for those things. You could still have your overall from all girl and coed. I can see where everyone is coming from because it doesn't logically make sense. However, I don't understand why everyone is so against the judges choosing the best overall for the day. Are the judges not capable of saying who they think was the best that day, regardless of if it was a team they scored?

I think this is the same as those that don't like EP choice for bids. People prefer tangible numbers to justify to take away the subjectivity or as some call politics of the sport.

Lol. Nothing negative.

Not sure I will explain this well, but when the boom of Cheerlebrity with certain athletes being put on pedestal my opinion and what I would tell my CP " an individual is NoOneSpecial but with their team behind them they are SomeOneSpecial". This sport is about the team and not individuals.

I was a very rebellious teen and numerous times I would be asked "who do u think u r?" Me being a smarty pants my reply was "NoOneSpecial to you but SomeOneSpecial to those that know me".

As long as you don't think you're not special. ;)

Transparency is so important for everyone involved. I think that EP definitely has their act together..

It was so calm it ran pretty much to time which is so rare and the competition environment was calm. The owner of the competition is from texas and apparently has links with cheer athletics. It was generally really well run and I really hope I get to go again next year

I'm bringing CP on the 4th; the only movie time interferes with her practice on the 2nd.

I was under the impression coed had a panel and all girl had a panel.

Back