All-Star Champions League Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I haven't read everything but I will use one analogy for everyone to ponder. From my experience in most cases divorce NEVER solves all your problems. You simply trade one set of problems for another set of problems but you decide which set you can handle best. This whole thing seems to be reeking of trying to trump the Usasf worlds event. I don't get why we would do that and go back to square one. We finally have a pinnacle event called worlds and now ep are trying to add in new type worlds. It's heading right back to the tons of national champs thing we've been trying to get away from. There is not and will never be a utopia organization. We should demand transparency in a judged sport period. But starting another spinoff to me is not the answer even if it's just another competition.

of course, a major competition very close to my home, but by that time, i will be living in florida! lol just my luck

I am excited to see how this turns out!! If all the teams that are being announced really support this then it must be a good concept. Maybe, it's not perfect but what is in the beginning?

I haven't read everything but I will use one analogy for everyone to ponder. From my experience in most cases divorce NEVER solves all your problems. You simply trade one set of problems for another set of problems but you decide which set you can handle best. This whole thing seems to be reeking of trying to trump the Usasf worlds event. I don't get why we would do that and go back to square one. We finally have a pinnacle event called worlds and now ep are trying to add in new type worlds. It's heading right back to the tons of national champs thing we've been trying to get away from. There is not and will never be a utopia organization. We should demand transparency in a judged sport period. But starting another spinoff to me is not the answer even if it's just another competition.
I will say this. Worlds has pulled away as pinnacle in a lot of people's minds. With the need of revenue, many teams are there that normally wouldn't be. Secondly, with trying to make it "international" a lot of better teams are knocked out. This is very intriguing. A lot will be answered after we find out who is behind this. This could help in recognition. I am very excited.

This post is verified by Chad Mulkey!

How can people possibly assume parents don't know what this is or how to pay for it? You think teams would accept this invitation without consulting the single most important people in the industry? That's foolish. I'm sure travel, lodging etc. has been discussed because if one parent disagreed with it, the entire team would have to back out. I think it's more organized than we think.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

How can people possibly assume parents don't know what this is or how to pay for it? You think teams would accept this invitation without consulting the single most important people in the industry? That's foolish. I'm sure travel, lodging etc. has been discussed because if one parent disagreed with it, the entire team would have to back out. I think it's more organized than we think.

I think for there to be that much thought behind it maybe there should be a website. The athletes competing have no idea what it is! Why would the patents be any more in the know than the kids competing..

While lodging, booking of rooms, have been handled, I wouldn't assume the parents know. Ask any owner and level 5 teams don't make the gym money. They are the hardest financially on any gym. Who knows, maybe this is a sponsored thing, we don't know the makeup of it. Cash rewards, sponsorships, this could be Marketing thing. It is very plausible that the people involved in the push for an independent USASF, marketed this. There is a lot we don't know. I have found that parents of level 5 teams are the least involved. Not to say that some aren't, but on average not as involved. This could easily be pulled off without any question or concern of the parents. If there is only one team, as it is looking, per gym then there would be no need for input of parents. Most of these gyms have multiple 5 teams and they could easily come up with a team to do this. That's why this is so intriguing. To me anyways.

Well if they had all the info on the league and the teams found out wouldn't it make sense for them to tell their kids instead of them asking on twitter what it involves!

Not if it was meant to be a surprise. All I'm saying is, this couldn't be possible without parental cooperation, the gyms aren't just kidnapping athletes for a weekend

Not if it was meant to be a surprise. All I'm saying is, this couldn't be possible without parental cooperation, the gyms aren't just kidnapping athletes for a weekend

It's just another competition to add to their schedule.... it's not like they're announcing it a month before. Most gyms competition schedules are tentative at this point anyways.

It's just another competition to add to their schedule.... it's not like they're announcing it a month before. Most gyms competition schedules are tentative at this point anyways.
Exactly, I know 4 of these gyms personally and parents on same 4 that have no clue whatsoever. They are asking me. I laughing because A) I have no kids old enough B) I don't own a gym anymore and C) I am blissfully ignorant and excited about this. ;)

Back