All-Star Champions League Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is happening during our spring break. I would not be happy if we had to go to Philly instead of the beach or a cruise. Just seems like it will be a very expensive April for some families. And what if they have another child on a lower level going to The Summit. Philly, Worlds and Summit in one month. Time to get a third job to pay for cheer!!!
At least they will have almost a year to save/fundraise for it.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

for some reason i feel like CA will be one of the last teams to be announced, they are the least likely to be considered since they rarely leave the state. and people know that whatever CA does people tend to follow, not trying to throw other teams to the shade, but CA is a HUGE program, and they tend to have a cult like following when it comes to things.

Based on what blue cat just said in the cheer athletics rumor thread, they wont be there.

I'm anxious to see how this all plays out once everything is revealed. I have no idea what's coming and I can't even begin to speculate about the details but I'm getting kinda excited. Just a little bit.

And with all due respect, Idc if CA goes or not. I know not every amazing team is a brand name. I'd love to see some new talent. I will continue to talk about CA as an amazing program even if there are new teams for me to admire. CA doesn't have to go to make it a legit event. They are very much a pinnacle gym but they are not the rise and fall of our entire sport.

Well, if it were doing something right it would reach 13 pages easily in a couple of hours and basically always be on top of the "What's new?" section. As King said - numbers didn't drop after worlds like in years past and I would not call 13 pages in more than a day a fast thread on here with the numbers of fierceboarders we have reached.

the fact of the matter of the is that their strategy is working. people are talking about the event for now 15 pages and it is steadily staying at the top of the page. it also has a lot more pages than threads that have been in existent longer so i think it's serving its' purpose. the fact that we are having this very debate over it now is significant.

At least they will have almost a year to save/fundraise for it.

For some people that might not be enough. And I don't want to be the person who surprises cash-strapped parents with a major non-bid trip a few weeks before Worlds. Actually curious to hear from any parents who may have just found out their team is going- how do YOU feel?

It's easy enough for people in the east coast/NJ/more northeast corridor to stay excited- how often do such a amount of teams of this caliber EVER come this far north? They don't. But for most everyone else, this seems not the most well-thought-out. On simple marketing, you have a 'give-it-to-me-now' culture and you're dragging out the announcement. You can keep our attention for a little bit, but our excitement has dropped. Also consider the speed with which the thread extends- not nearly as fast as when we were first waiting for an announcement. You're setting up an event that could potentially co-inside with 2 other $1000+ expense events (depending on where you're from, how early you book your flight, what bid you get that year and how much is covered). And we still have NO idea what it is- parents know they might be paying for SOMETHING but not what. It's like being told you just won a fabulous prize but you have to pay $2000 first and you don't know what it is until afterwards.

Side note: what IS poutine?

this event isn't forcing anyone to attend. i'm sure gyms can pull out whenever they choose to however it needs to be said that all of these gyms are successful in their own right and for a reason. i'm sure financials was a priority when the owners were thinking of involving themselves in a new travel event. i can't speak for other programs but i know we haven't even finalized our competition schedule yet. it wouldn't surprise me if some of their competition schedules were modified to make it more cost effective for their families. give these owners a little bit of credit..

Has there been confirmation from the coaches of all these teams that they're going?

Has there been confirmation from the coaches of all these teams that they're going?
My understanding is the announcements of teams are being made after the invite is accepted.

My understanding is the announcements of teams are being made after the invite is accepted.

Let me say it a different way. In an industry of endless self promotion the fact I have seen little Twitter fan buzzing is very odd. People have a hard time keeping their mouth shut in general and even lots of the athletes have no idea what is going on. On the other hand no one has publicly denied any involvement either.

The idea of head on competition could possibly work, but I am skeptical unless they offer something unique. Tack on unless they are in town of another major competition I don't see there being a lot of money to be made outside of what it takes for the teams themselves to go. Worlds and the Majors work because they have an economy of scale. So many teams that the cost to run it is lower and there is a pre built in audience already attending both. Most of us will watch this event from a live stream.

But there are several things that allow the possibility of this. If they treat it as a loss leader to get it going and add more teams it could work out very well.

Let me say it a different way. In an industry of endless self promotion the fact I have seen little Twitter fan buzzing is very odd. People have a hard time keeping their mouth shut in general and even lots of the athletes have no idea what is going on. On the other hand no one has publicly denied any involvement either.

The idea of head on competition could possibly work, but I am skeptical unless they offer something unique. Tack on unless they are in town of another major competition I don't see there being a lot of money to be made outside of what it takes for the teams themselves to go. Worlds and the Majors work because they have an economy of scale. So many teams that the cost to run it is lower and there is a pre built in audience already attending both. Most of us will watch this event from a live stream.

But there are several things that allow the possibility of this. If they treat it as a loss leader to get it going and add more teams it could work out very well.
I'm hoping that once the details are released, we'll know

Back