Champions League Teams

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by NJ Coach, Jun 20, 2013.

1. FierceIsTheName

FierceIsTheName Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    when i hear black ops i always think woodlands... Is it bad i thought WE Blk Ops won? Wow im dumb... just wow

2. jordallli5

jordallli5 When all else fails.... I shimmy Bracket Winner

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    I get what you're saying as in no one saw them coming, but you have to give them major props. They won in easily one of the hardest divisions last season. I would say they are a major player considering they beat out many previous world champ teams.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

3. cheernerd5678

cheernerd5678 Slow your roll, Sparkle. Bracket Winner

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    And their first time at Worlds too. They didn't go in 2012 because they couldn't get a paid bid. So I'd say they definitely could be invited!

4. yojaehs

yojaehs Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Verified Member:
    Shea Crawford
    Florida Wildcat Tumbling Director
    Black Ops was one of the best executed routines at Worlds this year.

5. AndrewSky

AndrewSky Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Agreed. Finals performance.

6. crazyredhead

crazyredhead Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan
    Not to mention that dance.. When the guys spin and drop I die.

7. MissCongeniality

MissCongeniality Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I have often found that this forum and the cheer world as well, has its "favorites" and those are the teams that get plenty of hype and talk (sometimes it seems more due to a history of success rather than current success). Then there are the "underdog" favorites so to speak. Those are the "little guys" that everyone would love and be ok with winning, taking it away from the "expected" victor.

In my opinion, Black Ops wasn't really on anyone's radar or "list" because they weren't a long time Cali team, they are from a satellite location (actually further from San Diego than Vegas is) and yet, because they are part of a big name program, they don't get the "the little guy" or "underdog" part. So when Black Ops won it was a "let down"for all the folks who were expecting GT, SOT or Twist and Shout and would have loved South Elite to be David who beats the Golaths in that division. It was early in the morning on a Monday and it was easy to look beyond it and move onto the Orange/Aces drama as the next focus of attention.

8. ssccxnce

ssccxnce Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Here's my thoughts on black ops, I feel like they have been severely over looked due to the fact that like stated earlier they're from a big program, but for whatever reason they are not counted as an underdog team. The thing I think people often forget is that 2/3 seasons ago they were only a level 4 coed them, the season after nobody thought they could really 'hang' with the other teams. They couldn't get a paid bid no matter how hard they tried because something just wasn't there and to me they still seemed like they should remain level 4. But this season they blew me away, watching the athletes progress from when they were still a part of NCE is mind blowing and I would not be surprised if black ops continued to keep improving and be reigning champions one day.

ETA: I also think that because of what happened when they didn't get paid their first level 5 season people counted them out and didn't expect them to place as high as they did

...not to mention they were after all the original 'Black Ops' in medium coed ;)

(Also sorry if what I said doesn't make sense or sounds ridiculously rambly, I'm sleepy and had a very long night haha)

9. ssccxnce

ssccxnce Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    ..don't really know what happened here think I quoted instead of edited..

10. RockstarCheer

RockstarCheer When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    Rockstar_Cheer
    I am a(n)...:
    Gym Owner
    Verified Member:
    Scott Foster
    Owner of Rockstar Cheer
    We were invited but respectfully declined for a few reasons..
    1) It's 3 weeks before Worlds
    2) its Spring Break
    3) in Philadelphia which would be another flight Can't afford to fly NCA Dallas, Philly & worlds. Most of my families just don't have the money.
    4) Don't agree with format. This wasn't a deal breaker but didn't help tip the scale for us to attend

11. SparkleSpankies

SparkleSpankies I think I can mix Cheer Music

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach

At least someone knows something about a format.. the first person who even mentioned format :)

12. dmd929

dmd929 Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Speaking of format, could there be a connection between this & European Soccer's annual Champions League?

13. Jessicalynn

Jessicalynn Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    I'm ready for the rest of the teams to be announced !

14. cheercurl

cheercurl Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I wonder how gyms will alter there comp schedule for this? Parents have finite financial resources...it is not about a parent not supporting their athlete or their gym for that matter it is more of a "You can't draw blood from a stone". If gyms decide to eliminate a "travel" comp from their schedule in favor of this, which comp will be eliminated and how will it affect that competition? Will teams not do NCA? UCA? Cheersport? How will it affect those competitions bottom line....should be interesting. I think many will try it and then decide if it's worth it. I think the allure of "Final Destination" is fading..."The Summit" seems to be the new buzz for lower level teams. I wonder if other comps will start to fade in desirability. :confused:

15. yojaehs

yojaehs Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Verified Member:
    Shea Crawford
    Florida Wildcat Tumbling Director
    I don't see any of these gyms agreeing to attend just throwing money around. You don't get to those levels by being wreckless. I'm sure it wasn't a "hey you wanna attend?" "Sure" kind of process.