All-Star Champions League Updates ( Movie Spoilers )

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You're definitely not going to be getting one from me personally, because this whole movie interferes with Grey's Anatomy and Scandal, so when I get home I will be watching those two shows and then going to bed.

I personally think that them airing this movie on a Thursday night is highly inconsiderate....like can we please discuss that?

But for everyone else that doesn't have their Thursday evenings already committed to Shonda Rhymes....please, please report as soon as you get home
I am in a 100% committed and monogamous relationship with Shonda Rhymes on Thursday's. So I'll only be catching the CL movie in the unlikely event that it comes out on Redbox or Netflix.

We got more post-event information & scores than any competition we have ever been to in 20 years. Every coach can see every scoresheet from every team. You can't really ask for more than that.

That was one of the biggest positives of the whole event for me.
That's good, but not everyone is a coach & some of us are still confused.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

*Seeing a team's score that wasn't the highest suddenly getting grand- I don't get how that happens.

I completely agree with your post, I wish things would have been much more clear. Although I thought I would clarify this, TGLC did have the highest score overall. What I was confused about though was how Smoed was the coed champion, I guess a team just couldn't win both Grand and then coed or all-girl. Again, I wish there was a lot more clarification with everything, it would have made it a lot less confusing for everybody.

@Just-a-Mom I know smoed didn't go and stingrays didn't go. It seemed to me like either your team went or they didn't, not like "half our team is going and half isn't" now I wasn't there but that's just how it came across to me The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I'd be interested to know why they chose not to go but my assumption is they either didn't want to be tired for the competition or they didn't care for the idea the "prom". We will probably never know.

I'd be interested to know why they chose not to go but my assumption is they either didn't want to be tired for the competition or they didn't care for the idea the "prom". We will probably never know.
I was told that Smoed was on early for first round Saturday and were having time zone changing jetlag. They were there for the competition first.
I also heard Rays were in their own gym practicing.

ORRRRRR you could just ask them! Loving seeing the moms that dont even have kids cheering STILL loudly proclaiming their opinions on here. good for you.

Was there any clarification on why 2 wildcard coed teams were chosen? (It doesn't matter to me) but I was reading the FAQ that were up on the CL website - which I don't think are the there anymore - and the question was asked "how will the wild cards be selected from the league" the answer - A senior 5 and a Coed 5 team will advance to the Saturday night "show" from the competition Saturday morning. The highest score from these divisions will compete in the Champions League on Saturday night as the Wild Card Teams. (a friend of mine also sent me a picture of the question and answer from the FAQ page -this was taken from that) I assume, they can/did take whoever they wanted - but it appeared that it would be an all girl and a coed team by reading that. Maybe something different was stated in the registration or at the competition.

With all my comments on this I do want to say that the one part of this whole event that could be really about the industry is the movie. I cringed when I first heard about it but after a lot of thought I know that it could have a benefit for the sport. I just hope and pray it's about the SPORT and not some crazy fandom documentary piece. I'm not going to the movie but look forward to everyone's opinions.

Was there any clarification on why 2 wildcard coed teams were chosen? (It doesn't matter to me) but I was reading the FAQ that were up on the CL website - which I don't think are the there anymore - and the question was asked "how will the wild cards be selected from the league" the answer - A senior 5 and a Coed 5 team will advance to the Saturday night "show" from the competition Saturday morning. The highest score from these divisions will compete in the Champions League on Saturday night as the Wild Card Teams. (a friend of mine also sent me a picture of the question and answer from the FAQ page -this was taken from that) I assume, they can/did take whoever they wanted - but it appeared that it would be an all girl and a coed team by reading that. Maybe something different was stated in the registration or at the competition.
I wonder if when Cheetahs had to back out and Swoosh stepped in, they changed the WC. All Girl and Coed were even numbers right up until that point. I have no inside information, this is just me thinking out loud. Of course they could've just gone completely by score too.

ORRRRRR you could just ask them! Loving seeing the moms that dont even have kids cheering STILL loudly proclaiming their opinions on here. good for you.

You know that argument is getting a little old especially considering this whole event was to attract fans outside of cheer. Go ahead and ostracize the parents and kids that don't participate in the sport anymore. See how big your fan base is then.

I wonder if when Cheetahs had to back out and Swoosh stepped in, they changed the WC. All Girl and Coed were even numbers right up until that point. I have no inside information, this is just me thinking out loud. Of course they could've just gone completely by score too.
ok that makes sense - maybe the number of teams changed in all girl/coed - I was just wondering. A friend of mine was confused so I didn't know either.

After reading this thread, I have learned a few things both good and bad. I think the lack of "pre-competition info" really affected a lot of people's "mind set" for this competition (mine included).
1) Until this weekend, I did not know that the prize money went to charity. LOVE this idea!!!! This is something our youth can never get enough of. Take it one step further and allow the winners to go to their charity in person and present the check. It will go a HUGE way to enforcing who/what these kids did this for. Can you imagine the looks on the children/administration if TGLC went in and met them all with that big check??? Now that is a video I would pay to see LOL!
While I love this idea, the charity WCSS picked would never allow that.

My statement referring to those commenting on the event and not being there was referring to those that commented about the results, logistics, set up etc about something they weren't there for first hand. They haven't seen not nary a video of a performance but already know it all. Aside from Cheerupdates and maybe a filtered instragram or two....what do people that weren't there truly know?

But, at the end of the day none of us know what this movie is about.

I wasn't referring to you, nor was I referring to people talking about the competition itself. I was referring to the people replying to those of us talking about the prom thing by saying we weren't there to see the smiling children and feel the excitement, and we therefore have no right to express an opinion.

As for the movie... I could not care less about the movie. This was presented as a competition, with the movie being something extra. If this was only the filming of a movie, and not a real competition, that'd be different. But wasn't this supposed to be a competition that was new and different than anything we'd ever seen? Too bad they opted to keep everything so secret. It's difficult to be wowed by something when 2 days after it's over more than half of us still have no idea what it even was.

I like the idea of having a competition that is really the best of the best. If it had been something legit, with an actual, publicized way to qualify for it (a series of competitions narrowing the field down over the course of the season for instance - like every other sport in the world) people may have been more on board.

But pairing up with what is essentially a gossip twitter account to announce teams in an excruciatingly slow process, and never once saying how those teams were chosen (other than a casual mention of them having strong histories, which is hilarious considering at least a few of them have only been around for ONE season before this one) does not lend credibility to this event. It didn't seem groundbreaking at all - just another popularity contest with a bunch of gossipy adults relishing being "in the know" on some big juicy secret. I feel more like I'm watching a Lifetime movie about a secret society than a sporting event.

Back