All-Star Champions League

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It doesn't have Jr. 5 listed here. I wonder if it's with the 5R

They never list the J5's on their schedule. I don't think they'd be with the R5's because they're only competing on Sat night. From what I understand, they're supposed to open up the main League show again. It would be nice if they were included them on the schedule.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They never list the J5's on their schedule. I don't think they'd be with the R5's because they're only competing on Sat night. From what I understand, they're supposed to open up the main League show again. It would be nice if they were included them on the schedule.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Got it. It's CP's first year on this team. I wasn't sure why they weren't there.

there's usually decently cheap flights in and out of Boston to DCA--when I was up for the Frozen Four it was less than 150 round-trip.

You could try parkwhiz: Marriott Marquis Washington, DC Parking - Find Guaranteed Parking

BWI to hotel: either take the MARC train from the airport to Union Station and then hop on the red line going toward Shady Grove and get off at Dupont circle and walk, or take the B30 Bus from BWI to Greenbelt station, and board a green line train and transfer to the red line and get off at Dupont Circle.

The Marriott Marquis isn't *far* from Metro stations, but it's just not that *close* to them either. It's a gorgeous hotel though--it's where the Pope Francis media center was based out of.
This parking information will come in handy since there is no parking at or near the CL host hotel due to a "high security event" at the building next door (we got an email from the Marriott Marquis). I ended finding a reasonable flight, so I don't have to worry about parking - just getting to and from the airport - but I am still really concerned about CL. I think I'm going to need a lot of cupcakes to get through the weekend!

I know high profile, high security things like this happen in DC everyday, but a Nuclear Summit sounds like something that would be targeted by bad people... I'd be on edge to be that close to it. Extra cupcakes for everyone.

I know high profile, high security things like this happen in DC everyday, but a Nuclear Summit sounds like something that would be targeted by bad people... I'd be on edge to be that close to it. Extra cupcakes for everyone.

Yes, because I didn't have enough to be anxious about......bwahahaha Thanks!! Lmao

I have talked with some friends. Guests of the two big Marriotts and the Hyatt have received emails saying to expect delays and...the Marriott people have been told....are you ready for this? Hotel parking will not be available! Sounds fun LOL. I am so glad that we are staying at the Residence Inn. I doubt that will be the place of choice for most heads of state.

@mamabear posted a link about the event in the other CL thread under the competition portion of FB if you're interested in at least reading about it lol I'm just a paranoid person.

ETA: Statement by the Press Secretary on the 2016 Nuclear Security Summit | whitehouse.gov
Everyone needs to allow extra time to get around.. There will be approx 4 blocks of streets blocked off surrounding the convention center and surrounding hotels. There will also be security checkpoints at the convention center and possibly even surrounding hotels. This info came directly from a surrounding hotel. Pack light because whether you drive or fly you will be getting dropped off or forced to park at least 4 blocks away. This is expected until approx 9pm April 2nd.

Everyone needs to allow extra time to get around.. There will be approx 4 blocks of streets blocked off surrounding the convention center and surrounding hotels. There will also be security checkpoints at the convention center and possibly even surrounding hotels. This info came directly from a surrounding hotel. Pack light because whether you drive or fly you will be getting dropped off or forced to park at least 4 blocks away. This is expected until approx 9pm April 2nd.

Insert WTF face here. And Wednesday they'll have our one night fee in place so no backing out now.

It is absolutely unacceptable to not be able to access amenities at your hotel. Parking is an amenity that was available when you booked the hotel. I would seriously complain to the hotel, hopefully you can get a discount or f&b credit for the inconvenience. These hotels and convention center have known about these two events being booked at the same time for well over a year. IMO, they shouldn't have booked both at the same time.

I just called our hotel, The Residence Inn, and the manager claimed that she knows nothing about it. I think I pissed her off when I used the phrase "The Big Marriotts" since she said it back a few times to me. She said that they are outside of the blocked area, which I find questionable since a moment before she said that she knew nothing about the restrictions.

Oh well, time will tell. The EP is going to have to step up their game with communication. I am nervous because I am physically limited in being able to drag backs several city blocks, but I am guessing that my handicapped plates will only get me so far.

One of CP's team member's dad is a big wig with NJ/NYC Port Authority and helps plan things like the UN and Pope visits. I am hoping that he might be able to share info eventually that will make all of our lives easier. The one redeeming fact is that it is DC and they are used to things like this.

This parking information will come in handy since there is no parking at or near the CL host hotel due to a "high security event" at the building next door (we got an email from the Marriott Marquis). I ended finding a reasonable flight, so I don't have to worry about parking - just getting to and from the airport - but I am still really concerned about CL. I think I'm going to need a lot of cupcakes to get through the weekend!

BWI? If you get super stuck please message me and I can likely help you out.

I just called our hotel, The Residence Inn, and the manager claimed that she knows nothing about it. I think I pissed her off when I used the phrase "The Big Marriotts" since she said it back a few times to me. She said that they are outside of the blocked area, which I find questionable since a moment before she said that she knew nothing about the restrictions.

Oh well, time will tell. The EP is going to have to step up their game with communication. I am nervous because I am physically limited in being able to drag backs several city blocks, but I am guessing that my handicapped plates will only get me so far.

One of CP's team member's dad is a big wig with NJ/NYC Port Authority and helps plan things like the UN and Pope visits. I am hoping that he might be able to share info eventually that will make all of our lives easier. The one redeeming fact is that it is DC and they are used to things like this.

I'm wondering if CL knows about this at all. My guess is no, or are they are just now hearing about it from complaints.

Back