All-Star Changing Divisions For 1 Competition

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've heard of gyms in lets say level 2 go up to level 3 just to try and see how they do, and if they do good they stick with that level. If really bad, they drop back to 2.

Mako competed Y5 this past weekend instead of their usual Y4. There was no competition in either division so I believe it was presented as a challenge. I have to say, they looked really good and I think they took the challenge well.:shark:

I know of a gym that had a decent level 4 team but dropped them to level 3 so they could win....this is also a gym that pushed a level 4 skilled team to level 5....

I hate sandbagging, it's frustrating for the teams that are true to their level

Last weekend at UCA I was told the team that won in my team's division was actually a level 3 team. They had amazing tumbling and executed everything well because I'm sure it was easy for them. They moved down to win the competition. Couldn't stop it but I would feel ashamed if I were them. It's one thing if they moved down because no one had level 3 tumbling or something like that but there reason was not that at all.

Be careful that you don't believe everything you hear, there were a set if parents behind ours incensed that my CPs team was "actually a level 5 that competed J4 just so they could win UCA!"

Which is ridiculous because 1) we've only ever been a J4 as evidenced by everything I've ever posted here and 2) we didn't even win!

It did happen last year with a restricted 5 that dropped to coed 4 against us just for the competition at the beach, but that was easy to confirm since their gym website listed them as a restricted five and posted their results from that division all year.

Bottom line is there may be a reason for it you're not aware of, it may even be legit. Then again it may be sandbagging and be completely unethical...

... But the truth is (no matter what the reason) it's, sadly, not illegal.

Just throwing this out here. Someone mentioned to me once that a team dropped a level because they knew they wouldn't be competitive at a larger competition they were attending. Locally, there aren't any large programs or powerhouse teams to contend with so they did fairly well at their current level. When they went to Dallas they dropped to be more competitive. They didn't win. Thoughts? I can see both sides.

A little different, but want to throw this out there as a public service announcement. This is the end of the season. If you see a team that is doing a lower level routine with a few passes thrown in at your level, they probably aren't truly your level and you don't need to be rude to them about how awful they are.

I don't know what it is about sportsmanship this season, but I've never seen parents or kids be worse than they've been this past month. :confused:

Back