All-Star Cheer Bruises

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i have heard a lot of people say u only get bruises when u are doing it wrong

Not true, cheer is a contact sport, and all that catching will eventually cause some sort of trauma that will result in a bruise. My knuckles and arms would get bruised all the time from throwing baskets, nothing wrong was happening but when you throw people 20 feet in the air, they kind of come down hard.

My CP is knock kneed. So whenever she does anything that she has to have her feet snap together she gets big bruises on the inside of her knees. She comes home and they are purple sometimes. I know they did a lot of jump work that night!

I got a black eye and a bruise on my cheek learning how to double down and I got called into the counselor's the next day at school because they thought my parents were abusing me.

and yea i didnt say i believe that u are doing it wrong if u get bruises, i know my team isn't doing it wrong ;) i just wanted to hear others opinions. i developed a balm to rub onto my girls bruises and it heals their bruises faster and takes the pain away :) i am looking for a few more testers for the product :)

I got elbowed in the eye during a sunday practice, immediately got a black eye and huge bump. During my other team's practice right after that, my flyer did a kick double and elbowed me in the mouth (I have braces). Fat lip. All in the same day. This happens all the time haha.

Got some nice ones on my hips one time when my partner grabbed my skin when he was tossing me.

One of our kids got hit in the eye by her flyer and ended up with a terrible looking black eye. when she went to school the next day the principal called her parents and the school wouldn't believe that it happened at cheer. one of our coaches had to call the school to give a report to the principal.

Doing a pyramid two weeks ago, where I was supposed to catch my flyers foot. Only the group throwing threw a lot harder than I expected, and instead of catching her foot with my hands I caught it with my face. Whole thing came crashing down. I felt kind of bad when she started crying because she thought she had killed me or something. That was fun.

Back