All-Star Cheer Extreme Sequences With Music!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I like it, I think it looks nice. however, not a fan of catching the 360 tick tock in a sponge..

Yes. And Stars

Listen, I think nearly EVERYONE realizes that USASF was trying to prove a point with the way they scored Large Senior last year, in regards to the new rules. I mean what other year would a team with no standing fulls beat teams with 15+ and better tumbling/dances/choreography/jumps... but that's all in the past. It's not like in 2010 when SE won and everyone knew they deserved it...now i'm sure all of these teams are focused on the new season and putting out new routines. If anything I'm sure SE winning may have been the best thing because now others such as F5 and Shooting Stars will REALLY want to prove they are better and I bet they will try harder than ever to put out routines that will prevent what happened at Worlds 2012 (questionable scoring) from happening again. Let the 2012-2013 cheer season begin!!!

Listen, I think nearly EVERYONE realizes that USASF was trying to prove a point with the way they scored Large Senior last year, in regards to the new rules. I mean what other year would a team with no standing fulls beat teams with 15+ and better tumbling/dances/choreography/jumps... but that's all in the past. It's not like in 2010 when SE won and everyone knew they deserved it...now i'm sure all of these teams are focused on the new season and putting out new routines. If anything I'm sure SE winning may have been the best thing because now others such as F5 and Shooting Stars will REALLY want to prove they are better and I bet they will try harder than ever to put out routines that will prevent what happened at Worlds 2012 (questionable scoring) from happening again. Let the 2012-2013 cheer season begin!!!

ebbvis.gif

Wait. USASF was trying to prove a point and so they told their judges to score CEA high so they would win? Exactly what point were they trying to make and where was I when everyone came to this realization?

There's a max score a team can achieve. If you've maxed it out halfway through the sequence, why continue to spend the effort to do excess work? I think that's what FamousxMindset is trying to say. I don't know scoring well, but I'm pretty sure a team that does 10 tick tock variations and 10 full up variations won't score much lower than a team that does 20, if at all. This is why Stars' stunting still scored up to par with the rest of the top 3 last year, although their stunting seemed much less impressive than Senior Elite's.
this is exactly on point. once you have done the minimum to hit whatever range you are aiming to be in, you are in that range. so you can continue to do more of whatever skill (in this example a tick tock) but it won't score you much higher. but if you are pretty confident it will hit well then I guess go for it

Keep in mind when you talk about how dances score, a dance that appears to be a better dance does not always score better than a dance that seems worse.
Question because I've always been curious- what do judges look for in a dance and score higher? Is it the level changes, ripples, innovation, floor work, transition changes? Dance seems like it would be one the hardest sections to judge because there's no numbers of set skills needed

Question because I've always been curious- what do judges look for in a dance and score higher? Is it the level changes, ripples, innovation, floor work, transition changes? Dance seems like it would be one the hardest sections to judge because there's no numbers of set skills needed

I've always wondered that too.. I assume formations and energy would be something they look for.

cheerheart4life darlingraexo Basically everything you suggested... Multiple formation changes, spacing, sync, ripples, floor work, cleanliness, etc.

Back