All-Star Cheer: Full Out!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Eyebrow twitch or not, she is gorgeous girl and an amazing flyer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. When I was in my Cognitive Psychology class we did an entire week on mannerism's and it's surprising how uncontrolled we become when we're speaking.

Agreed. When I was in my Cognitive Psychology class we did an entire week on mannerism's and it's surprising how uncontrolled we become when we're speaking.
You're absolutely right, she has openly expressed on Twitter how she feels about this:
Screenshot.jpg

I, myself, sometimes go overboard with hand gestures when I do presentations as well..... it's involuntary so I don't fault her.

if you watch her in the "candid" shots where she's just talking to teammates it doesn't happen; only when she knows she's being filmed. seems like a nervous twitch. hopefully watching herself in the episode/seeing/hearing feedback is not what is making her so self conscious about it. she's beautiful and seems natural talking to the camera (opposed to a few others).

I know how uncomfortable it can be to see nervous ticks happen on camera. I tend to talk really fast and my face freezes up uncontrollably (which is hilarious because I'm such a highly emotive person).

I hope it doesn't stress her out more. She's really pretty and seems really interesting- I'd hate for her to shy out because of it.

I know how uncomfortable it can be to see nervous ticks happen on camera. I tend to talk really fast and my face freezes up uncontrollably (which is hilarious because I'm such a highly emotive person).

I hope it doesn't stress her out more. She's really pretty and seems really interesting- I'd hate for her to shy out because of it.

I put my fingers through my hair, bite my lip, and talk too fast on camera.

I know Macey personally and believe me it definitely just happens when she is in front of the camera.

Also knowing Macey, she was in a terrible car accident a while back that had required her to get some facial reconstruction. I believe that could attribute to it. I mean, come on nobodies teeth are THAT perfect just by nature alone. She's such a sweetheart. This show sure makes me miss living in Louisville.

Also knowing Macey, she was in a terrible car accident a while back that had required her to get some facial reconstruction. I believe that could attribute to it. I mean, come on nobodies teeth are THAT perfect just by nature alone. She's such a sweetheart. This show sure makes me miss living in Louisville.
How horrible.

I wondered if there was something in her musculature about it, as it's predominantly one side. A friend of mine has slight neural damage on one side of his face, so his movements aren't as pronounced. It's not noticeable enough for most people, they'd probably just think he favors one side. Either way, I'm glad the accident hasn't affected her body so much that cheer isn't still a possibility.

It's not on purpose. She posted on twitter that she's now considering botox to stop it from happening.
See, unless she was joking about that, botox actually wouldn't be a bad solution... It's used quite often medically for involuntary twitches and facial movements, if they're really annoying and disruptive. My friend had a facial twitch after an accident and had botox injected right into the nerve. SUPER painful but fixed it right up.
..Botox, it's not just for Hollywood actresses.

ETA: Just read that it only happens on camera. I feel for her a bit, it seems like people are constantly asking her about it...

Last edited:
See, unless she was very much joking about that, botox actually wouldn't be a bad solution... It's used quite often medically for involuntary twitches and facial movements, if they're really annoying and disruptive. My friend had a facial twitch after an accident and had botox injected right into the nerve. SUPER painful but fixed it right up.
..Botox, it's not just for Hollywood actresses.

I actually use Botox for migraines. Before then I was on a rotating pill variety that rendered me useless more often than not from exhaustion. If she goes that route I wouldn't fault her, I just really hope she's not overly self conscious about it (easier said than done). She's a gorgeous girl.

I actually use Botox for migraines. Before then I was on a rotating pill variety that rendered me useless more often than not from exhaustion. If she goes that route I wouldn't fault her, I just really hope she's not overly self conscious about it (easier said than done). She's a gorgeous girl.

Can you tell me about your experience with this? Maybe pm me so we don't highjack this thread, but i have really bad migraines and i hate to miss work, can't go and coach my team and even had to miss my moms birthday dinner this year. I haven't found a medication that helps, other than the pills that take away some of the pain but still leave me hanging on the couch like a lazy cat on a hot day because my brain is out of office [emoji26]

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I'll go research that as well. It's not gotten as bad for me but ever since I got off my antidepressants and other meds, I've been experiencing pretty bad migraines and I hate having to take so many pain killers just to soften it enough to function at all.

I'll go research that as well. It's not gotten as bad for me but ever since I got off my antidepressants and other meds, I've been experiencing pretty bad migraines and I hate having to take so many pain killers just to soften it enough to function at all.

Did you stop your antidepressants cold turkey or did your doctor taper you off of them? Antidepressant withdrawal can be the absolute worst.

Did you stop your antidepressants cold turkey or did your doctor taper you off of them? Antidepressant withdrawal can be the absolute worst.

Oh yes, I tapered. Took me 6 months but worked out pretty good. The mood swings that came with every dose reduction, though... To this day I still admire my boyfriend (now fiancé ^^) for putting up with me. ;)

To continue with the derailment... I feel like I've heard of people using Botox in their armpits to stop excessive sweating.

Latest posts

Back