All-Star Cheer Fusion

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

First I want to thank all of you for your prayers, support, calls, texts, emails, thoughts - we are so grateful to hae the support we do. Our industry is amazing at coming together as a family to help those in need. I'm still trying to grasp what really happened. This morning was the first time I saw the aerial shot of the gym (the one above). I'm still in disbelief that we all made it out. The dance room, if you're looking at the picture above - is where the black doors are towards the left side back wall.

The sherrif and crews managed to get out purses, clothing, etc from the gym and the last item they brought out was our new sample GK uniform - rhinestones in tact! It's all beaten up and dirty and we've decided to not wash it and we're going to frame it and put it up in the new gym. Right now we're looking at locations we can move into. Between interiews, hospital trips and insurance calls it's been crazy. The building owner won't let us back in though to get our CHeer Fusion sign that was still standing on the side wall - he said it's not safe for us to go in and get it as the wall may collapse.

I'm still not sure what we really need at this point. Our spring floor, tumble track and tumble equipment was destroyed. I know we'll need help moving into our new facility when the time comes. We are having a gym dinner with counselors coming in to talk to the kids. JamBrands has set up a relief fund in Cheer Fusion's name but I can't get on Facebook to find the link to put it on here. Brandi Sims has been pulling all of that together.

Our motto this year was Fear the Teal. We're asking that everyone keep our new motto : Heal the Teal in your minds. I'm so proud of the kids in our gym and all of the parents who acted immediately to such awful circumstances.

I pulled all of my kids into a prayer circle after we walked out and I looked each one of them in the eyes and told them I loved them and was proud of them for being brave & strong. It will be a long road, but we will come out shining :)

I'm going to post a pic on here later of a pic a fireman took right after we walked out. The sky is dark (no light at all and no flash on the camera). There is a rainbow that comes down and hits the gym and right where it hits the gym, there is a bright light. I know someone was watching over us Sunday....
I have chills about that rainbow. Still praying for everyone.

Update on the parents: Michelle and Heath are both resting comfortably. Michelle has a great deal of pain from her leg and has trouble breathing from the collapsed lung but she should be home hopefully this weekend. We couldn't figure out why she was headed out the front door during the storm. She told us that she was going out to make sure no kids were out there. Gives me chills thinking about it.

Heath has undergone his first surgery. A nerve in his wrist was severed so the doctors fixed that as well as his knee, which they said was shattered into around 20 pieces. He's in a lot of pain but manages to keep his spirits up. He will have other surgeries this week for other broken bones. Praying he regains feeling in his hands from the nerve.

I've told both of them about the out pouring of support and they are so thankful for everyone's prayers and they both send their gratitude and thanks.

We held our first "regrouping" meeting with all athletes, staff & families last night. It was amazing to see everyone come together & see the love in the room. We have a plan of action for the next two weeks and hope to be in a new building by the beginning of August. The rebuilding process will take quite a while but we are trying to give the kids a sense of normalcy and routine that they are all asking for. While there is alot of fear, there is also courage.

The two parents have been released from the hospital as of last night. Michelle will need care for a few weeks as she cannot walk on her own. Heath will be bound to a wheel chair for 2 months at least. They have asked that I give you all a huge thank you for your prayers and support during their stay in the hospital and for their Fusion family.

I'll tell you....the outpourting still continues and we are left in tears after each email, call, text, donation & prayer chain. We are trying to keep up with everyone who has offered space, donations, care packages, practice time, equipment and fundraisers. You all are our angels leading us through this heartbreak.

The athletes in the gym have decided that they would like to give back to the community just like you all have given to us. We will be taking out our teams over the weekend to provide clean up and assistance to those who had homes damaged during the storm. It just goes to show that positivity goes a long way.

Thank you again for all of your support. If you're at the USASF meeting this weekend in Baltimore, our staff will be there tomorrow :) I'd love to meet you all!!

Mandi

Back