All-Star Cheer Gyms In Va

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 8, 2014
specifically NOVA. I've seen websites to most of the gyms in NOVA but I'd like to get some comments from people who go to the gyms around here :) thanks!

what is nova if you dont mind me asking? northern virginia? if so md twisters or fame are the big ones even though md twisters isnt in va its still pretty close. all star legacy is up there too

what is nova if you dont mind me asking? northern virginia? if so md twisters or fame are the big ones even though md twisters isnt in va its still pretty close. all star legacy is up there too
Yep nova is northern virginia =)

Cheer Tyme and All Star Legacy are probably the most well known gyms in the area with fairly successful worlds teams. There are several other smaller successful gyms in the area as well. Depending on where you are in Northern Virginia, FAME would be kind of far south and Maryland Twisters could be about 1.5-2+ hours away in rush hour traffic (which is pretty much all the time lol). I have heard good things about Phase and Infinity as well.

@luv2cheer92 got it :) We have a bunch of kids that commute from the MD/DC/NOVA area though. PM me if needed :)

NOVA traffic can be a huge factor in your decision. While Cheer Tyme, Phase, Legacy, and Infinity are all not too far apart, you're usually traveling to practice during the week around rush hour time, so it really depends where you live/where you'll be coming from. I work at Infinity (Fairfax), if you have any questions.

Yeah Fame is pretty far south. MD Twisters in MD. Neither bad IN ANYWAY and both do have commuters from the area depending where you live but they are NOT NOVA area. If you include either of those in a NOVA search then I would add USA Allstars that you would pass on the way to Fame and perhaps Shockwave that could be on the way to MD Twisters (my Maryland knowledge is extremely limited) not to add because they are better just simply because I think you pass them on the way and if your list of NOVA goes that far then they should be included…. there could be others if you spread out that far and my apologies if I missed some.

NOW to stay NOVA proper - and I am from NOVA lived here almost all of my life - I would say Infinity (Fairfax), Phase (Chantilly), Cheer Tyme (Chantilly), Legacy (Ashburn and I think still Manassas), there is also Hot Topic (Alexandria). I have heard rumors of another gym coming into the area but no confirmations but have asked on here in some PMs and still no confirmation.

It totally depends where you live in the area as to how far each of these are for you. If you are with traffic or against it makes the WORLD of difference in a drive taking 10 minutes versus 45 EASILY unless you basically live next to the gym. Traffic is bad on the highways and on the side roads and unfortunately it is even bad on the weekends but not AS bad.

I would say each gym on the list run good programs and it would be a matter of finding which fit the best for you (because each is very different in where they are in growth and facility and philosophy and schedule and price) and what you want in a gym and gym family and how comfortable you are traveling will certainly matter. NOVA all star cheer is really growing and developing - it is a fun time to be in All-star up here. My kids have friends at pretty much all the gyms I have listed here and have competed against many of them as well.

Along with what @Mom2Cheergirls said, if you're willing to go all the way from NOVA to Fame, you're also going to pass another fab gym, Cheer Fusion in Fredericksburg - @CoachMandiCF can give you more information if you're interested.

If driving to FAME, you also pass USA Allstars in Stafford. However, if truly staying in No VA, another small gym in the city of Alexandria is Afficial Allstarz (not far from Hot Topic). Depending on your athlete's desire for a larger well known gym, or more intimate setting, there's plenty to choose from!

My personal favs are Infinity or Cheer Tyme. You can't go wrong with Brad Palmer and his incredible Infinity staff. Cheer Tyme is home to former Cheer Dynasty owners, Jeff & Liz Mathewson.....absolutely fantastic coaches and great role models.

Lee Franconia Cheer

See we got a big family here in little NOVA. I think the one thing I have found is that even with these gyms all being in a small area for the most part everyone gets a long and respects the different styles. My kids go to one gym and we openly tumble at another and have gone to clinics at still another. My kids respect the gym they are at and the gym they visit and NEVER wear other gyms gear to that gym - but they have never been treated poorly (actually very much the opposite) and when they run into other people from other gyms at comps it is always pleasant and people truly enjoy watching and supporting each other. I hope as it grows here this part stays or at least our experience stays that way.

Back