All-Star "cheer Is Not A Sport"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i think people are so dumb who say this...they don't even know what goes into it...

i think that these people should take a tumbling and stunting class and then try to say something...
when i was a sophomore in highschool we had a linebacker from our very well known football team come join our competitive team...he ended up being a great partner stunter, and always commented on "how much harder cheerleading is than football."

it takes a lot of patience, time and TRAINING to become an elite cheerleader.
a girl from my gym and one of my best friends actually showed a guy she knows a video of senior elite and it instantly changed his whole outlook on cheerleading lol. i love it!

but i hate how people always say, the gymnastics in cheerleading can be considered a sport...but not the other stuff, ex. jumping stunting etc.

i mean HELLOOOOO try putting all that together in a routine...trust me you'll be sucking air by the time you come off the floor.

screw the people who think this...we all know what goes into it :D

-this one girl always tells me this every week and one day she said she was going to try out for our school team. I told her no you need tumbling, she does a crappy cartwheel and says "see i can tumble!" I said "no you can't" and i threw a standing tuck on the gym floor.;) then said "you don't understand cheerleading, GO TO WORLDS. i don't diss your sport you don't diss mine."
-other people think high school cheer is it, THIS MAKES ME WANNA SCREAM. Or they'll say only the competition part is a sport. well... hello 2011... that's all cheerleading is, get with it...

SERIOUSLY people what other sport makes you risk your life for a whole 2 and a half minutes and requires you to smile and sing along while your doing it? And who else tosses people in the air, or combine like 500 sports and do it in 2:30 minutes? Cheerleading deserves wayy more respect. Stop watching bring it on or fired up and instantly assume that's what all cheerleaders are like. We don't get in a bus and cheer "we are eating, we we are eating" i would seriously die if all cheerleaders if it were like that.

People are ignorant.

This is what some of my daughters friends say; cheerleading is now a sport, and its not hard!
Some others; cheerleading isn't a sport but most defiantly extremely hard! Harder then anything else!
Some others; cheerleading is totally a sport! It's really hard and awesome! I don't know why its not a sport!

3 different opinions but, the first people she whips out her phone and shows them Spirit of Texas or Cheer Extreme! Then their like oh nevermind that's a sport but then others and like whatever... it's hard to get people to be convinced it's a sport!

I ask why they think that, and once I hear their point of view, I argue what they have to say. it's usually along the lines of, "you just cheer for other sports."

I don't even bother entertaining this opinion considering every time I take a non cheerleader to a comp they come up to me later and say "omg that was the coolest thing ever" so usually the people who say its not a sport are the ones who have never seen the true art of cheerleading.

This was a question on a friend's fb the sunday evening of canam last weekend. One comment was something about a "bunch of JonBenets covered in glitter, flipping around, not even working up a sweat." So, after I went all "Regan-from-the-Exorcist," then got myself together, I addressed it. But the thing that baffled me was the agreement by most that if said sport isn't in the Olympics, it's not a real sport.

...My only question was "When did American football get added to the Olympics, again?"

I tend to just direct them here, we had stuff in the papers about it a while ago so the UK came up with a response :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jp1qvxjlus

Totally Dude :D (on a side note massive fan Rick, your a real inspiration buddy)

But yeah i hate it when people suddenly assume im wearing high-socks, skirts and runnign around a field with pom pom shouting outu letters. In all seriousness, i just ask them if they can extend a girl above their head or land a double full, usually shuts them up! :D

Back