All-Star Cheer Mashup

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

krystynakrez

CheeringWonka
Jul 4, 2010
Cheer Channel has announced that a new talk show hosted by Maddie Gardner will be airing on their .... whatever they have? channel? youtube account? in October 2012.
vwvdqh.png

My concern is how she's going to have time to do this and still attend (and presumably cheer at) UNC. I'm worried she's spreading herself too thin.

It's probably going to be another short series of 5-10 minute web videos. She won't even have to travel to do it. I was able to manage my classes, cheer, and a job in college. This isn't some hour long weekly talk-show filmed in NYC.

I think I am more tired of seeing people complain about Maddie Gardner than I am of Maddie Gardner herself. Maybe I am missing something and please let me know if I am, but from what I have seen/read/watched of her over the years, she seems to be carrying herself well and trying to represent the cheer world positively, unlike many others on social media outlets. Obviously this show is geared toward a younger audience but why is it automatically received so negatively here? Seems to me that CheerChannel has a positive mission and obviously MG attracts a huge amount of the fan base and demographic they are targeting, so why is it annoying?

In my opinion, she is advancing herself professionally while doing something she loves, and she seems to always do it with class and a refusal to respond to negativity.

I am in no way a die-hard Maddie Gardner fan and I hope this post isn't my social ruin on Fierceboard, because it is not written with any malice or aggression. More out of frustration that every time this girl's name is mentioned it always turns into a mock-fest. If it were any other cheerleader, we would just be having a normal conversation about the show and this would be a normal thread like many others.

Again, please let me know if I am missing something here. Just my thoughts!

Back