All-Star Cheer Memes: Worlds Edition

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oh, and I COMPLETELY forgot about this... but it is really important for everyone who heads cheerleading to know about the Streisand Effect. Basically when you try to repress something to keep it from spreading you actually accelerate its spread.

Streisand Effect | Know Your Meme

Many people who run things ( not just in cheerleading ) really don't seem to understand this. I can think of about 10 examples of this in the past year on this board (ICE anyone??).

me during medium senior awards:
tumblr_m48xuqUzy01qh19o2.gif

finding out panthers won:
tumblr_m3vm51o3ka1rvkagjo1_250.gif

Downfall parodies were awesome...in 2009.

Disclaimers (for this and other complaints)

1. No one claimed that this was the first time anyone has changed the captioning on this video. Changing common memes to fit Worlds was assumed to be the point of the thread.

2. The video is not condoning or in any way remotely promoting the beliefs or actions of the Nazi party or Adolf Hitler.

3. No, the captioning is not an accurate representation of what the people are actually saying in the video.

3b If you actually speak German, the video is not likely to be funny at all.

4. Moving awards to the baseball field was likely the least bad of all of the choices that the Worlds organizers had available to them at that point. That was much more a product of the limitations of the venue than any fault of the organizers.

5. The subject matter was driven mostly by what would fit the inflection and length of the dialogue in the clip, not out of any particular anger or animosity towards the USASF.

6. The author is aware that there is no actual "Worlds Planning Commission".

7. The opinions here do not necessarily represent those of any gym.

<<remembering why I didn't go to law school>>

1. No one claimed that this was the first time anyone has changed the captioning on this video. Changing common memes to fit Worlds was assumed to be the point of the thread.

2. The video is not condoning or in any way remotely promoting the beliefs or actions of the Nazi party or Adolf Hitler.

3. No, the captioning is not an accurate representation of what the people are actually saying in the video.

4. Moving awards to the baseball field was likely the least bad of all of the choices that the Worlds organizers had available to them at that point. That was much more a product of the limitations of the venue than any fault of the organizers.

5. The subject matter was driven mostly by what would fit the inflection and length of the dialogue in the clip, not out of any particular anger or animosity towards the USASF.

I am so sad that you have to do this.....can't we just appreciate the humor with regard to our own event without getting into deep offense over something that was clearly done with a good and kind spirit... Whoever is causing grief.... Relax... Smile... It really feels good...:)

That video was the funniest thing I may have ever seen until this post sucked the funny out of it!!!

Now, I'm all offended and mad!
Where's the disclaimer for you having to post this since it's insulting my sense of humor and personally offending my intelligence by implying we are all morons and didn't think it was a joke. I also need to collect damages for the counseling I am going need to restore my belief that the human race has a chance of surviving without humor!
:banghead:

Reallycoolcheermommy Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueCat - Hopefully you weren't getting life threatening emails from your video. That would be just dumb. I loved the video!!!!

DISCLAIMERS:

1. If you are truly a cat that is blue, I was not speaking to you. I was speaking to the user behind the screen name 'BlueCat'

2. Getting life-theatening emails is not funny.

3. If you are truly dumb, I was not directing anything towards you.

4. I am not associated with ANY gym, so this is only my opinion.

5. The term love is to be taken lightly. I will not be reproducing or marrying the youtube video. However, if I can't marry another man - I might consider it an option.

(PS - Can the new trend on fierce board is every post you make has disclaimers? That was fun)

Back