All-Star Cheer Moms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What so it depends on how much money you make, for whether or not they can or cannot give you a scholarship? Sorry slightly confused on that!

I am not 100% sure on it as far as how much money. There have been NCAA basketball players that have came into trouble for making x amount of money from playing basketball before going to college. If the girls are making money in the amount that would come from several seasons of a TV show as well as TV apprearances/endorsements then their chances of a NCAA scholarship would go away. Since it is just the mom's being paid then that wouldn't happen, unless the NCAA investigated it which I doubt they would. It would only hurt their chances of a scholarship for dance though.

Please no one sign up for this!!! the producers can tell you all day long how great the show will be and how they will show cheerleading in a good light but they WILL NOT DO IT! this happened with Christi from dance moms, actually all the moms. they were told the show would be called just dance and it would show the positive side of dance, showcasing the girls talent, determination, and drive to dance. well we all know how that turned out...

*sigh* Oh Illinois... I really just cant understand why ICE would agree to this... It went around my school that this was happening a few weeks ago. People that dont even know what competitive cheer is in my school were talking about it. Which means that when they see the drama, they're going to hate it and make fun of it. I can see it now...

*sigh* Oh Illinois... I really just cant understand why ICE would agree to this... It went around my school that this was happening a few weeks ago. People that dont even know what competitive cheer is in my school were talking about it. Which means that when they see the drama, they're going to hate it and make fun of it. I can see it now...

What I find strange about it is that the President (or Vice President can't remember) came on here threatening legal action about posting a rumor to be clairified. He stated that this isn't the place for that stuff to be posted, but he will go ahead and allow his gym on a reality show to air their dirty laundry and expose their athlete's. Yeah that makes a ton of sense :cow:

What I find strange about it is that the President (or Vice President can't remember) came on here threatening legal action about posting a rumor to be clairified. He stated that this isn't the place for that stuff to be posted, but he will go ahead and allow his gym on a reality show to air their dirty laundry and expose their athlete's. Yeah that makes a ton of sense :cow:
You always make my day better...lol. Especially with the :cow:

Also, maybe if the producer or anyone who is filming this show actually knew about cheerleading like, who, what and when to film, I think the show would be great! The show is called "Cheer Moms" not "Cheerleaders..." so it's more than likely going to make me angry. But just like someone else said on here, I will definitely watch it every week obvi!!

Oh I beg to differ hahaha. We just got our tryout results back last night and one of the girls made JV so her mom is making her quit because 'thats not good enough for her' and she'll 'find somewhere where her daughter will be appreciated'

This is the first year that incoming juniors that didn't have a high enough score to make it on Varsity, were forced to stay on JV. Previously, they could choose whether they wanted to be only Varsity or JV/Varsity. If any cheerleader quits, they can't try out next year.

This is the first year that incoming juniors that didn't have a high enough score to make it on Varsity, were forced to stay on JV. Previously, they could choose whether they wanted to be only Varsity or JV/Varsity. If any cheerleader quits, they can't try out next year.
That was the same for us! This was the first year junior could be on JV. On our tryout packets we had the option to say if we would take Varsity or JV or just Varsity.

A production company has approached the owner and at least 10 parents from ICE Aurora about a cheer mom tv show. Most have agreed and are excited to participate. Not sure if it's just going to be about ICE, but pretty sure this isn't the high school show.
I personally believe there is way too much drama within IL cheer currently, I think like Dance Moms because I don't know any of them and it's just tv. Not sure I'd enjoy it as much when it's parents and kids I know? I don't think kids should ever be shown in a bad light? Jmho
Uh oh!!! I'm from Indiana so I'm not aware of all this IL Cheer drama. I will say that EVERY cheer gym has their fair share of crazies!!!!

There is drama in all youth sport whether it be on the rec level, school level, or allstar level. Some is just talked about more often. When I played softball as a child there was drama about who got put on what team and why so and so was put at 3rd base and not 1st.
Heck my aunt is having drama with YMCA soccer mom's from her 6 year old's team.[/quote

Such a shame! When I coached park district youth softball back in the early 80's there was NEVER any issues!! Makes me sad to see that parents are getting so crazy and things aren't as simple as they used to be! :(

"
this show is kinda dumb, cheer isnt as intense as dance. not saying cheer is easy, but all you do is smile, do some handsprings, and shake your butt around to techno music. in dance, you must have technique and emotion, i dont think this show will go anywhere"

This is from that YouTube video. I think my face exploded...
The "show" definitely looks like it was just something the team did. Maybe like, a youtube mini series thing?

Back