All-Star Cheer Night Out - Champions Leauge

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So many cut off heads!! Was the whole movie like this? So annoying! Pretty sure my grandma could have done a better job filming and fitting the whole picture into the screen.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Don't mean to quote you directly but I've watched this clip and the other one on Instagram and I don't think the footage is that bad?

I am truly only posting this video to say, yes, this is exactly how the movie was filmed and why we are saying they filmed too close, you can't see routine. Just did a quick search for the movie on You Tube and first one that popped. All of these athletes in the film are amazing, but not being able to be amazed by the entirety of the routine and not knowing who individual athletes are, just like it was said before, some emotional investment in the movie would have been better than just these super zoomed in crazy camera angles. Our movie was quiet. No clapping or cheering.

i highly doubt that's how the movie looked/will look.

pretty sure this was due to the phone camera used and because the person was sitting so close to the screen. even pro pirates who take in good cameras have trouble fitting in the entire screen.

Nope. This is EXACTLY how the movie looked. Not due to a phone camera at all. The angles were awful, cut off heads all over the place, zoomed in on butts or headless bodies during stunts and pyramids so you couldn't actually see what was being performed.... I could go on, but you get the point. That was the whole screen, not cut off because of a phone.

I'm curious how the athletes felt about the venue. The floor is black, ceiling is black, seems dark, bright lights on stage (some I assume are for camera lighting?). My kid hates black floors because if you tumble with eyes open it can be confusing what is floor and what is ceiling.

I don't care for the zoom angle but I kinda get it. I'd want to see the kids faces up there, not the routine. I've seen that hundreds of times at this point in the year. I like seeing them counting, yelling and concentrating. I think they were going for making the kids stand out.
But, I wasn't in Atlanta, didn't go to the movie, and only watched one clip from youtube (the SS link above), so my opinion probs doesn't mean much.

I have a question for someone that was there- were the cameras recording routines in the practice round? Why didn't they use that as a time to get the camera blocking down? Teach the camera guys where the action will be since most routines have the same general structure and teach the kids where the cameras will be so they can play to them, thus improving the quality of footage on both fronts. I have a friend that works as a cameraman at sporting events and a friend with a film degree working as crew for a few NBC shows and neither of them would ever allow for that many awkward shots.

I have a question for someone that was there- were the cameras recording routines in the practice round? Why didn't they use that as a time to get the camera blocking down? Teach the camera guys where the action will be since most routines have the same general structure and teach the kids where the cameras will be so they can play to them, thus improving the quality of footage on both fronts. I have a friend that works as a cameraman at sporting events and a friend with a film degree working as crew for a few NBC shows and neither of them would ever allow for that many awkward shots.

i wasn't there... but the extra footage has a team in practice wear, so they definitely filmed at least some, if not all, teams in the practice round

i wasn't there... but the extra footage has a team in practice wear, so they definitely filmed at least some, if not all, teams in the practice round
I'm sure there were a million other things on the minds of the EPs, but with how much they pushed the movie aspect of CL I'm just surprised at how things turned out. Before the day starts, show all the crew a few routines so they can get a general idea of what cheer is, then give each of them a sheet with specific instructions of where to be for each routine. For Steel, somebody needs to be off the floor in the left corner for Angel's pass; for Panthers somebody needs to be on the right side to get the ridiculous standing pass that goes across the front. I know that the cameramen had no prior knowledge of cheer, but someone should have instructed them on how to shoot it if they're going to act like the movie is the best thing since sliced bread.

Nope. This is EXACTLY how the movie looked. Not due to a phone camera at all. The angles were awful, cut off heads all over the place, zoomed in on butts or headless bodies during stunts and pyramids so you couldn't actually see what was being performed.... I could go on, but you get the point. That was the whole screen, not cut off because of a phone.

Actually it was her phone. Your right during the movie occasionally there were some cut offs heads. But I specifically remember smoed and the persons phone did more cropping than the movie.

I am truly only posting this video to say, yes, this is exactly how the movie was filmed and why we are saying they filmed too close, you can't see routine. Just did a quick search for the movie on You Tube and first one that popped. All of these athletes in the film are amazing, but not being able to be amazed by the entirety of the routine and not knowing who individual athletes are, just like it was said before, some emotional investment in the movie would have been better than just these super zoomed in crazy camera angles. Our movie was quiet. No clapping or cheering.

So.... Stars really need a mix like this for Worlds because that routine was giving me EVERYTHING to that music.

There were no cameras filming the first round (which to clarify was not considered a practice round but was to judge routine difficulty). Teams wore their practice wear which is one aspect of the competition that I did not understand since it did give the impression they were just practice rounds. I am not sure if cameras were in the warm up area during the afternoon session but I agree some training and exposure for the film crew would have gone a long way!

The area where they competed comes across so dark and seems to have a yellow-ish tint from the clips of the movie I've seen. Was it really so dark at the competition?

After seeing a few clips of the movie in actually kind of glad I didn't go.

It seems like the "fluff" segments about the fab 5 and the tg guy and the ca baby are very much like in the Smoed web series - things to draw people in from outside the cheer world.
It seems like these are the kind of stories you would see in a 'normal' movie, if that makes sense. Non cheer fans would get bored real easily with a lot of coaching and scoring bits.

DISCLAIMER - haven't seen the movie/wasn't at CL. just basing this off posts in here.

The Fierce Board App! ||

The area where they competed comes across so dark and seems to have a yellow-ish tint from the clips of the movie I've seen. Was it really so dark at the competition?

The movie made it seem much darker than it really was. The stage and backdrop were not as colorful as some other EPs since they kept a black and yellow theme but it was well lit.

The movie made it seem much darker than it really was. The stage and backdrop were not as colorful as some other EPs since they kept a black and yellow theme but it was well lit.

Oh that's good! I wish it came across brighter in the movie.

The yellowish tint is from bad cameras filming it. The actual movie was dark because of editing (kind of like those amazing AZ power highlight videos) but they were not yellow tinted. The quality and image on the screen was amazing HD, just dark backgrounds.

Back