All-Star Cheer Night Out - Champions Leauge

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Can I say something rude? I always love watching Spirit of Texas's routines, but did anyone else notice the focus the movie cameras put on a specific "cheerlebrity" on the team during the routine? (Maybe I just noticed it because of the preteen girls sitting behind me screaming her name.) I have no doubt she's an incredible athlete, but all that focus made me notice that she sits in the front during the opening toe to fulls, only does one or two tumbling passes, and was walking behind in one of the stunt sequences. She just didn't really do much (except her cute pyramid thing), but received a lot of attention. I don't know, I guess I just expected more.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Someone asked if we would go again next year after seeing this one. Question I think should be to the gyms that went. It appears that it was long days with lots of delays. After seeing the movie was the experience worth it? Did the movie make the gyms more or less likely to do it all again?

I would definitely support it if our gym wanted to do it again. The dates for next year are last week of March.

I think holding Champion's League in different locations around the country is smart. It helps level each program's traveling obligations over the long term of the event as well allows them to expand their fan base (Customer's).

I'm surprised that people wanted more back story about the event as well as the participants, gym footage/practice, warmups etc. I thought for sure people would be like "I don't care about that stuff.....I want to see routines." LOL

It's been enlightening reading people's opinions!

Another thing, I'm so mad i missed Twist and Shout!! I went to the bathroom right before they went on :(
I was waiting to go until a team that I didn't really care about went, right as I decided that it was WC, TGLC, All the teams I wanted to see the most right in a row. I was dying! I finally was like "okay fine I'll miss GBE Lime" and ran out really fast. I was back by the end of the pyramid.

If it does come here, I'd definitely attend. And if you think about it, all the west coast teams go to Dallas and Florida and wherever the majors were held lol, so it isn't so far fetched to do a comp out here

Plus you can get flights to Vegas CHEAP. Nice bonus for the teams.

The only part about the movie that really bugged me was the fact that one of the teams that competed in the wildcard sat right behind me and literally screamed whenever they some them in the background or during the red carpet event... And a lot of smack was being thrown around in the theatre since the two rival gyms were there :mad: But other than that, I agree with everyone else about wishing there was more behind the scenes and instead of the FAB 5 for cheer extreme, I wish they showed more of the whole 'Ashleys Army' and what all they have been doing for Amy this season to show theres more to cheer than just 5 long time friends with a lot of instagram followers.
I don't know if anyone really saw the movie who were non cheerleaders so mostly everyone already knows about them, but not everyone knows about Ashley and Amy.

I think we get a little spoiled here on Fierceboard. We have a huge community that can find almost any teams video within an hour, a twitter feed that produces nothing but results and news for us. You wouldn't believe the amount if people that have never heard of "Cheer Athletics". From what I've heard that is the demographic that enjoyed this movie the most. My IG was filled with small gyms stunting and bouncing around theaters.

I think we get a little spoiled here on Fierceboard. We have a huge community that can find almost any teams video within an hour, a twitter feed that produces nothing but results and news for us. You wouldn't believe the amount if people that have never heard of "Cheer Athletics". From what I've heard that is the demographic that enjoyed this movie the most. My IG was filled with small gyms stunting and bouncing around theaters.

Or even Top Gun. Shocking but true...

Back