All-Star "cheer" On Cmt Offical Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Why? She has her full and she is hitting everything but the high to high... which she even hits sometimes. She has every right to be on a senior 5 team...
The reply that I was criticized for was in regards to stating that she didn't belong on a level 5, I never said she didn't. Apparently I use the CAPS LOCK key too often :confused:.

This last episode the "heeling" was really apparent, but it also looked like her base was pushing her toe up. I've always wanted to ask and maybe a coach on here can fill us in...when a stunt doesn't hit comp after comp, when do you call it and replace kids in the group (whether it be a base or a flyer)? I've never understood why a coach will keep a group together that just doesn't gel. You would think that after a few comps, if the stunt is still falling you start to switch out kids to find the better fit. In fact when they put Baby May with Lexi's group to practice she hit everytime, so it is definetly not all her. So why not try different bases under her?

The reply that I was criticized for was in regards to stating that she didn't belong on a level 5, I never said she didn't. Apparently I use the CAPS LOCK key too often :confused:.
I dont think she should be moved down a level, I think maybe she was moved to level 5 too quick. Maybe she has the skills for level 5 but she doesnt seem to have the mental state. Everytime her coach even talks to her looks like she is about to crumble .

This last episode the "heeling" was really apparent, but it also looked like her base was pushing her toe up. I've always wanted to ask and maybe a coach on here can fill us in...when a stunt doesn't hit comp after comp, when do you call it and replace kids in the group (whether it be a base or a flyer)? I've never understood why a coach will keep a group together that just doesn't gel. You would think that after a few comps, if the stunt is still falling you start to switch out kids to find the better fit. In fact when they put Baby May with Lexi's group to practice she hit everytime, so it is definetly not all her. So why not try different bases under her?

Right now we have one stunt that isn't hitting. As a coach, I simply can't change it because if I change her group, I'm messing with every single other group that is working well. So my other groups that are hitting and doing great are suddenly falling too, and it's an even bigger mess. This also comes along with changing formations, spots, and then making people learn new motions from being in new spots. Pretty much, it's a PITA.
Also, usually the group has the ability to do the stunt. If it was a complete train wreck from the start, they wouldn't have been there. In my example, it's my flyer and it doesn't matter who I put her on. So, I choose to keep her there and hope she gets it together. Unlike CJA though, we don't have another flyer to fill it either. I think it's just a thing where sometimes you have to suck it up and allow them to fail and hope that motivates them to get it together.

I dont think she should be moved down a level, I think maybe she was moved to level 5 too quick. Maybe she has the skills for level 5 but she doesnt seem to have the mental state. Everytime her coach even talks to her looks like she is about to crumble .
I don't know her history or when/why she was placed on the team she is on. My ONLY point is if people are going to look and say she deserves "xyz" I feel like the bases deserve the same thing because they are equally responsible. (Sorry for the caps, not really)

I don't know her history or when/why she was placed on the team she is on. My ONLY point is if people are going to look and say she deserves "xyz" I feel like the bases deserve the same thing because they are equally responsible. (Sorry for the caps, not really)
Completly agree. I think I mentioned before the whole stunt group has issues so blaming Mae alone isnt fair. But the more I see of her I worry about her because she clearly has the talent.

Anyone else a little freaked out about the face masks and that Lexi broke her nose again? She is an amazing captain and a strong, confident team player, but wow, my CP and her friends that were watching with me definitely got a little squimish watching them practice in the masks.

Anyone else a little freaked out about the face masks and that Lexi broke her nose again? She is an amazing captain and a strong, confident team player, but wow, my CP and her friends that were watching with me definitely got a little squimish watching them practice in the masks.
Maybe bc I've seen them used a few times before it didn't really bother me. I give her props! I know there aren't many that would have already had surgery that would get popped like that and continue on! Mad props!

I have had parents ask me this before. Sometimes what seems like an obvious fix just isn't. With all routines, where people are placed affects everything before and after it. An "easy" change of people can mean an entirely new transition that may not flow as well. You'd be surprised at how much moving one person can affect pretty much everyone and everything else. Kind of like what the butterfly effect would do to the course of history, sometimes the changes would be disastrous. Occasionally (and I mean like winning the lotto rare) a change like that can happen and nothing else is affected at all.
It's the coaches job to look at all the options and consequences of each choice and I get the feeling PA and staff has probably considered it bc I tried to look at it myself and see what it might mess with--but idk all the details of the routine (and I'm not on PA's payroll ;) ) so I can't give any input.

you're a little bit rude. and before you write stuff like this make sure you're right. they hit twice.

You are right... They did hit twice. Maybe angry wasn't the right word... I get more.. Frusterated (sp) I guess. Didn't mean to come off rude. Just saying come on... You hit in practice, hit on the floor...

You are right... They did hit twice. Maybe angry wasn't the right word... I get more.. Frusterated (sp) I guess. Didn't mean to come off rude. Just saying come on... You hit in practice, hit on the floor...
Practice warriors. That's what I've heard kids called who hit everything in practice but do not during comps. But I agree, we all want that stunt to hit. I hold my breath everytime it comes to that part in the routine.

That's been established on the show by the group, and PA. It's not one persons fault, and the group knows that each of them is doing something off. The base has said that she hesitates, the base/back have mentioned not gripping, and Baby May has said that she heels. Together, they just didn't mesh.

I think what my favorite part of CJA is the fact that they don't ever mention or bash other gyms. They're 100% focused on themselves and their gym, and I feel like that is rare to find sometimes.

Back