All-Star "cheer" On Cmt Offical Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If you think of it as "total" teams it's probably less than 5%. Think tiny 1 - senior restricted 5. Worlds is a very small portion of the "cheer world"

I would agree with this. To put it in perspective - we have some competitions locally where 100+ teams attend. None of those gyms have a world's team. I don't think there's a gym with an established world's team within 150 miles of ours.

I love the realistic way that this show captured the cheer world. The kids are hard working, determined and - like all teams - they struggle with things over and over and over. That's real - that's cheer. Patty Ann's coaching style is great - firm - but from the heart. I got the feeling that she knows and cares about every kid on her team. And so far the moms are just moms - annoyed with the curtains and the cell phone rule (admittedly, they would be hard to take for me too) - but willing to help the gym and stand together behind their kids. I didn't see any negatives! So glad to have a show that finally captures the essence of all star cheer and the dedicated coaches, kids and parents involved.

I am in Canada, and I downloaded "Hotspot Shield" to my computer, and it allows me to watch everything in the USA on their websites (Dance Moms, etc) Its free, and sometimes you have to connect and reconnect to get it to work once or twice (meaning allowing videos to be seen in your area) but I have never NOT been able to watch anything I wanted. Its awesome! All it does is scramble your IP and make it anonymous so it cant tell you are from outside of the USA. Enjoy :)

Sort of. Among other things, It's a VPN, so it sends your internet traffic through a server in the US, so you get a US IP address. Some sites specifically block it - I think Hulu does, for example.

Expat Shield works the other way - it routes your traffic through an international server, so you get an IP address that's not in the US. A lot of people in the US used it to watch BBC's superior Olympic coverage.

When you're not using it, I would recommend disabling it. Having all of your internet traffic routed through a VPN can result in slower speeds.

Sounds like this worked for people. If not hope these work for everybody. I spent all night waiting for them to upload to YT, only to find a content claim as soon as they were uploaded and subsequently blocked. I switched to Vimeo only to find out that you are have a limited upload. So I had to re-encode them smaller, so no HD. Hopefully these not only work for folks outside the US, but stay up as well.

And btw, my name really isn't Chris!
you are my favouritist favourite little angel face sweetie pie for keeping me entertained for the morning while in class.. for the first day.. cheerleading is clearly superior to education... only kinda sorta kidding

I personally thought the mom's were awful actresses. PA kept a fairly straight face and the mom was like what about the curtains, what about the cell-phones. You KNOW she was cued to at least ask b/c she didn't ask like a normal person, it was so awkward!!!!!

That's because the Mom's aren't actresses...they're Cheer Moms!!!

While I agree, a CHEER MOM DOESN'T ASK IN AN AWKWARD MANNER! It was like she was asking a boy on a date! It was so awkward, cheer mom's are usually less "Actress-like" and more forward, it was just how she did it. She was too actress-like was my point.. SOOOOOOOOOO my orininal point beinf you can tell she was told to do it.

This show makes me so happy! The allstar in me was glued to the tv screen to watch it. PA is everything a good coach could be. Tough love is what its all about. And everything was real, there wasn't something that I questioned (other than making a trip to texas for that competition). This is exactly what we need. I even had a cheer tumbling dream the other night, makes me miss it tons more than I already do! go PattyAnn and CJA!

I thought the cellphone thing may have been suggested too.. BUT what I cared about MORE is that PA answered with a firm answer AND THE MOM accepted the answer and did not argue. I know it's early and kids are kids .. especially teenage girls.. but I think it reflects well on PA, her staff AND the parents that kids have accepted discipline, taken responsiblity for mistakes and tried to keep things in perspective.

I loved this show, Patty, and the kids! Although Patty might seem really tough, I like the way the show is portraying allstar cheer so far:) Two thumbs up from me .

Bless the producer and CMT for bringing us this!

Back