All-Star "cheer" On Cmt Offical Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I loved the show! It represented the cheer world in the way it should be. Unlike cheer perfection, this showed a true, hardworking, level 5 team. I can't wait to see more episodes, even though it makes me miss my cheering days!

All the parents seem super cool esp Lexi's mom since she take Patty Ann on lol. Loved this cant wait for next installment .

All the parents seem super cool esp Lexi's mom since she take Patty Ann on lol. Loved this cant wait for next installment .
Her daughter is one of the captains so I am assuming she has been with CJA for a very long time. She knows those rules inside out and backwards and follows them or she would not still be there. Someone on here brought up they felt her questioning Patty Ann about the cell phones and curtains was contrived and I'm starting to agree, especially after seeing her interview they included on Nightline.

Her daughter is one of the captains so I am assuming she has been with CJA for a very long time. She knows those rules inside out and backwards and follows them or she would not still be there. Someone on here brought up they felt her questioning Patty Ann about the cell phones and curtains was contrived and I'm starting to agree, especially after seeing her interview they included on Nightline.
I finally actually sat down to watch it. I agree, and if there is one thing that always is a big turn off is contrived segments. I guess they needed some type of clip with the parents THAT bad. I thought the part where they were asking when they'd be back was kind of silly too. These parents have paid for plane tickets, but have no idea when the kids will be back???

I think some of the stuff just comes off a little too dramatic. But maybe that really is the atmosphere at CJA. And making a big deal about Texas being the capitol of cheer, and then attending Fun Cheer? No offense, to those teams involved, but I've never even heard of it.

Lol...and I'm just nitpicking here, but they even faked the World Champion announcement. In 2011 it was a lady announcing awards.

Clearly so far on top of Cheer Perfection that they shouldn't even be compared though.

I finally actually sat down to watch it. I agree, and if there is one thing that always is a big turn off is contrived segments. I guess they needed some type of clip with the parents THAT bad. I thought the part where they were asking when they'd be back was kind of silly too. These parents have paid for plane tickets, but have no idea when the kids will be back???

I think some of the stuff just comes off a little too dramatic. But maybe that really is the atmosphere at CJA. And making a big deal about Texas being the capitol of cheer, and then attending Fun Cheer? No offense, to those teams involved, but I've never even heard of it.

Lol...and I'm just nitpicking here, but they even faked the World Champion announcement. In 2011 it was a lady announcing awards.

Clearly so far on top of Cheer Perfection that they shouldn't even be compared though.

It is my understanding that they couldn't film at NCA Dallas so they went there the week before to have footage. They did go to Dallas the next week and compete at NCA. I think that's the Texas being the capital they were referring to, not the other competition.

Yes, we know you can't have cell phones and watch the practices, maybe they put that in there so people can get an understanding of how it works at CJA. Come on, we all know the part with the moms was just for fun. Believe you me, we are well versed in the rules when we join CJA. There is nothing left to the imagination!! PA is an awesome coach. Yes, she is tough, but she loves each and every one of those kids.

I expect people to nitpick, but it couldn't be just a television series of just practices and comps. As far as the atmosphere at CJA, it's intense and it's love. Too bad they started with an out-of-state comp that no one went to. The CJA parents and family come out like and army for those kids and for one another. That part really hurt me when I saw they had no one because they are used to us absolutely losing our minds when they step out on the mat. But like JJ said, sometimes in life you aren't gonna get that so you have to rely on yourself. The parents, we sooo much have fun at the competitions and outside of the comps. There is drama everywhere, but one thing I can say is it is nipped in the bud with the QUICKNESS rooted out, goodbye, DONE!! My CP has grown leaps and bounds as a result of being at CJA. I just hope more than anything they can show how much PA loves those kids and how much she wants the best for them!

Give it a chance, and realize it's not a documentary, so they are gonna have some fluffy stuff in there. And if not, it's understandable, like PA said, we aren't for everybody, but when you get it, you get it.

Thanks for the link really loved it. I have to say my CPs' coach is younger than PA but she has the same style and maybe some girls don't work well that way but my kids and their team mates know their coach loves them and has a passion for cheer and a desire for the team and each girl to be their best which is why she is tough on them. My kids were at a different gym prior and that was not the style -- it was all sweetness and light and they didn't handle misbehavior or girls that did not put in 100% and it made my girls so frustrated that they would work hard and a few girls would not because they could get away with it. Even the youngest cheerleaders can excel under the tough love style if the coach makes it clear like PA and my kids coach that they are tough because they care.

While I agree, a CHEER MOM DOESN'T ASK IN AN AWKWARD MANNER! It was like she was asking a boy on a date! It was so awkward, cheer mom's are usually less "Actress-like" and more forward, it was just how she did it. She was too actress-like was my point.. SOOOOOOOOOO my orininal point beinf you can tell she was told to do it.

it was def cued up for the cameras but having friends in the gym there I can tell you that is an on going issue parents question or request so even though that particular moment was scripted it is a real issue that comes up from time to time. :)

Jersey Cheer Mom We have been at many competitions with CJA over the years and the CJA parents, family and friends are quite a formidable bunch! I can still hear you all shouting CJA! CJA! CJA! over and over and over. It must have been a complete shock to them to come out and not to hear anything at all in support of them.

When you say they went to Texas the week before to have footage since they could not film at NCA, does that mean they will be using shots they took during this comp and try to make it seem like those scenes were filmed at NCA rather than the week before? It seems like an awfully long trip two weekends in a row to fulfill that purpose, especially given the importance of NCA over the Texas comp they showed this week.

The fact that we all know you are very well versed in Patty Ann's rules and yet they showed Lexi's mom going in to ask her to bend them just feeds into the cheer mama drama image, and if was scripted that's even worse IMHO bc then that's what CMT thinks we want to see.

I think CJA is a fabulous organization which exudes nothing but class. If we lived in NJ I would have switched my cps there in a heartbeat after seeing you at Americheer years and years ago.

Jersey Cheer Mom We have been at many competitions with CJA over the years and the CJA parents, family and friends are quite a formidable bunch! I can still hear you all shouting CJA! CJA! CJA! over and over and over. It must have been a complete shock to them to come out and not to hear anything at all in support of them.

When you say they went to Texas the week before to have footage since they could not film at NCA, does that mean they will be using shots they took during this comp and try to make it seem like those scenes were filmed at NCA rather than the week before? It seems like an awfully long trip two weekends in a row to fulfill that purpose, especially given the importance of NCA over the Texas comp they showed this week.

The fact that we all know you are very well versed in Patty Ann's rules and yet they showed Lexi's mom going in to ask her to bend them just feeds into the cheer mama drama image, and if was scripted that's even worse IMHO bc then that's what CMT thinks we want to see.

I think CJA is a fabulous organization which exudes nothing but class. If we lived in NJ I would have switched my cps there in a heartbeat after seeing you at Americheer years and years ago.

No I am not saying that. I don't think they were able to film at the actual event at NCA. Someone said something similar to the World Cup documentary. Just like the music, they are only using the voice overs and not the actual cheer mix. I have no idea how or what they are going to show. I just was making the point that they do go to NCA, not just the other comp and I was told it was because of footage. But as far as how it goes, I am completely clueless. When you see it, I see it.

The mom they showed is a sweet, bubbly lady and she is ALWAYS like that. She always has a smile on her face and she is hilarious! I thought it was a cute way to show the rules, they could have easily read the rules and left it as that, but we all liked it. I'm just glad if that is the sum of cheer mama drama they can show at CJA, then it's all good.

What state are you in? Maybe we can to a meet up this season!! I met some really great parents from other gyms this year! Looking forward to meeting more!!

it was def cued up for the cameras but having friends in the gym there I can tell you that is an on going issue parents question or request so even though that particular moment was scripted it is a real issue that comes up from time to time. :)

I am sure it is. Everything is an issue w/ parents :) It was just poor "acting" bc it was cued, that was my only comment!

Yes, we know you can't have cell phones and watch the practices, maybe they put that in there so people can get an understanding of how it works at CJA. Come on, we all know the part with the moms was just for fun. Believe you me, we are well versed in the rules when we join CJA. There is nothing left to the imagination!! PA is an awesome coach. Yes, she is tough, but she loves each and every one of those kids.
That's all I'm griping about. Not that it was done, but it wasn't done in a way that really added anything to the show. When you do things that are fake, they come off a fake. And really, it's more directed at "reality tv" not CJA. The implications of which, are once you open up to one thing being questionable, you open up to speculation in everything. Why risk ruining all the good true stuff?

I don't know what the technical tv term is, but they could have accomplished the same thing, with one of those off camera interviews of a mom, or moms. I can even visualize it now, they say "Oh the rules....the rules" as they roll their eyes and giggle. And just go on to say "That's the Patty Ann way" and more giggling.

That's all I'm griping about. Not that it was done, but it wasn't done in a way that really added anything to the show. When you do things that are fake, they come off a fake. And really, it's more directed at "reality tv" not CJA. The implications of which, are once you open up to one thing being questionable, you open up to speculation in everything. Why risk ruining all the good true stuff?

I don't know what the technical tv term is, but they could have accomplished the same thing, with one of those off camera interviews of a mom, or moms. I can even visualize it now, they say "Oh the rules....the rules" as they roll their eyes and giggle. And just go on to say "That's the Patty Ann way" and more giggling.

I understand what you are saying. I hope you can find a way to enjoy the rest of the series.

Back