All-Star Cheer Perfection- New Tlc Special About Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I also see a lot of people complain about teams going to Worlds when they have "no chance". Why do we look down on them for going but not the youth level 2 that goes to Cheersport with "no chance"?

Worlds was once for the best and NCA & Cheersport were and are for everyone.

Well we will see if the moms are just as crazy as the alcohol fueled Abby Dance Moms. I have a feeling they are with no knowledge of the real competitive cheer world.

I wish I could find the link for the episode of toddlers and tiaras that her family was featured on.. The coach also runs a very large scale, pageant modeling business. I think it's called perfection studios. Ironically enough, quite a few of her cheer girls are also her pageant girls. :( I'm pretty sure this doesn't do a thing for making the sport look like a sport. In fact, I would bet we are about to watch something similar to a three ring circus... :/

I wish I could find the link for the episode of toddlers and tiaras that her family was featured on.. The coach also runs a very large scale, pageant modeling business. I think it's called perfection studios. Ironically enough, quite a few of her cheer girls are also her pageant girls. :( I'm pretty sure this doesn't do a thing for making the sport look like a sport. In fact, I would bet we are about to watch something similar to a three ring circus... :/

Wow if the parents can afford all star and pageants not sure why they are not travelling to more well known competitions to get the gym's name out and get their kids their 15 minutes. I know we know why, but it just seems odd. That just tells me the parents are uninformed and may be making their choices unwisely.

I owned my own gym and coached my own daughter and I treated her the same in the gym - but all in all I suggest avoiding coaching your own kids

I tried coaching my son in soccer - once. Will never do it again, and it's not like I don't get asked to do so pretty much every year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I hope no one trashes the program simply because of the events they attend. We attend those events also. Does that mean we are one of "THOSE" gyms that can't compete? Nah, just can't afford to travel based on the general economy of our members.

I also see a lot of people complain about teams going to Worlds when they have "no chance". Why do we look down on them for going but not the youth level 2 that goes to Cheersport with "no chance"? In fact it's often quite the opposite. We look down on them because they DON'T go to Cheersport or NCA. It's abhorrent no matter what you do--"Oh you're going to Worlds? Have fun in 26th place." and on the flip side "You're not going to NCA? Your gym must really suck.".

The coach, Alisha I think is her name, was not my cup of tea and I wouldn't hire her to coach my Tinys, but I won't bash her program simply based on her event schedule. We just can't assume to always know what's going on in each others gyms. Hotel prices and gas prices are a lot cheaper in Arkansas and Louisiana than it is in Orlando, Dallas and Atlanta.

Food for thought.
I have no issues with teams that don't travel to competitions. We have some incredibly competitive gyms in our area that don't travel (and heck, I would love to take a real vacation versus a cheercation!). I also have no issues with WSA or Jamfest as event producers, nor do I care what competition any gym wants to travel to regardless of their competitive status. My comments were made in response to Alisha's quote that you "don't get better than winning WSA Nationals and Jamfest Nationals". Also, in looking at the results online, I didn't see any of her teams except for Tinys and Minis win a contested competition. I realize that the general public won't know any differently, but I do, and I take exception to the fact that she is falsely advertising her program, as well as allstar cheer in general. I don't have much hope for this show promoting allstar cheer in a positive manner with what I saw on the preview, and it has nothing to do with the fact they don't travel or have killer level 5 teams. Between the coaching tactics, the mama-drama, and the fact the coach is over-the-moon excited when her athlete lands a skill that isn't a legal skill, this gym is not who I want to see on national television.

Not only was the "coach" on T&T but most of the kids they are showcasing have been as well. All of them are coached in pageants by "Perfection Studios" AND most of the moms work FOR HER as either coaches or hair/makeup!
Whether we like it or not this show will be huge. Viewers like the drama and even though there is drama at any gym, the respectable ones don't air it out to the nation.
TLC has gotten really lazy with their programming. We have two T&T spinoffs (this one and Honey Boo Boo) and now a Big American Gypsy spinoff (which was a spinoff of the original:confused:).

I have no issues with teams that don't travel to competitions. We have some incredibly competitive gyms in our area that don't travel (and heck, I would love to take a real vacation versus a cheercation!). I also have no issues with WSA or Jamfest as event producers, nor do I care what competition any gym wants to travel to regardless of their competitive status. My comments were made in response to Alisha's quote that you "don't get better than winning WSA Nationals and Jamfest Nationals". Also, in looking at the results online, I didn't see any of her teams except for Tinys and Minis win a contested competition. I realize that the general public won't know any differently, but I do, and I take exception to the fact that she is falsely advertising her program, as well as allstar cheer in general. I don't have much hope for this show promoting allstar cheer in a positive manner with what I saw on the preview, and it has nothing to do with the fact they don't travel or have killer level 5 teams. Between the coaching tactics, the mama-drama, and the fact the coach is over-the-moon excited when her athlete lands a skill that isn't a legal skill, this gym is not who I want to see on national television.

I absolutely agree with you and I know you weren't disparaging the events, just her touting of them. I also take umbrage with her saying "that's tough to beat" when in reality, it's not. We beat some tough teams at WSA and Jamfest events too but in no way do we think that's the same as an NCA title, etc. We toot our horn when we win, but we would never say "yea, beat that"--seriously. She's deluded if she thinks those wins trumps more prestigious titles.
I do wish we had a more reputable/classy program for this show for the sake of our sport. I try not to judge before I see for myself but we all know that this is a TLC program. We know what to expect -__-

I absolutely agree with you and I know you weren't disparaging the events, just her touting of them. I also take umbrage with her saying "that's tough to beat" when in reality, it's not. We beat some tough teams at WSA and Jamfest events too but in no way do we think that's the same as an NCA title, etc. We toot our horn when we win, but we would never say "yea, beat that"--seriously. She's deluded if she thinks those wins trumps more prestigious titles.
I do wish we had a more reputable/classy program for this show for the sake of our sport. I try not to judge before I see for myself but we all know that this is a TLC program. We know what to expect -__-

That could have been somewhat scripted. Like she knows that WSA isn't among the most competitive competitions, but the producers could have asked her to mention the national championships she's won or talk about them that way.

Or she could just truly believe that getting a banner is the only thing that matters, regardless of where it's from. I've cheered at one of those gyms in the past...

Not only was the "coach" on T&T but most of the kids they are showcasing have been as well. All of them are coached in pageants by "Perfection Studios" AND most of the moms work FOR HER as either coaches or hair/makeup!
Whether we like it or not this show will be huge. Viewers like the drama and even though there is drama at any gym, the respectable ones don't air it out to the nation.
TLC has gotten really lazy with their programming.

I just watched the T & T episode and am sad knowing that is 42 minutes of my life that I can never get back.
I just hope that TLC shows these episodes back to back on the 11th so viewers can see it is the same group of people in both and maybe then will realize this may not be a typical representation of a competitive all-star cheer program but rather one of drama mamas looking for another 15 minutes.

Back