All-Star Cheer Perfection- New Tlc Special About Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The only thing I got from that trailer was a wannabe Cheer version of Abby Lee Miller, a disrespectful coach, and tacky, outdated uniforms. Even if she had ties to T&T, they should've got a team that is well known and respected in the all-star cheer world. And I feel like she did some of the things for drama and shock value. I dunno.. It could be interesting/funny. But I guess i'll still watch it..

tumblr_m6bhlf9V3E1qfy18h.gif

My guess is that it is her gym featured because a) she was already easily accessible due to her involvement with the T&T episode and b) most "elite" gyms (WC, TG, Rays, CA, etc.) would probably shy away from this opportunity simply because they know what editing can do. If they want drama, you can splice things from practices to make just about ANY coach look mean, nasty, over the top, etc. Same for kids being brats, parents being psychos, etc. So I would imagine, after witnessing enough of these reality shows, the "elite" gyms would simply say "thanks, but no thanks", and move on with their business. JMO though.

Watching the 2nd video with the moms....this show is going to show every dirty secret the sport has. Any gym you go to has moms that act that way, even the "big" gyms. We haven't been at a gym yet where I haven't heard some mom get down on their kid because she won't throw her tuck or back handspring. I want to look at them and say "Get your butt out there and show her how "easy" it is!" Because sad to say...the one mom was right...a lot of these crazy cheer moms (and maybe some of the not so crazy ones) tie their popularity at the gym in with their child's success. So if Suzy goes from base on a youth team to point flyer on a junior team...all of a sudden mom thinks she herself has accomplished some lofty goal. Honey all you did was pull out your checkbook and write a few for private lessons, you weren't sweating and working like your kid so get over yourself.
I wonder how their oldest kid got so good considering the coaching available to her:confused:

Just watched the 2nd video with the moms. Ann is Torann's mom, they were on the episode with Cass and Alisha and the red-hair is mom is the owner of the pageant they competed in.

You people got me back to watching Toddlers and Tiaras again. And the moms on the episode I'm watching are EVIL. And they suffer the mentality that got so many people in debt in the first place..STOP. LIVING. BEYOND. YOUR MEANS.

I'd bet that the Texas Cheer Moms episodes are probably already online available for watching if you want to see what you're in for, since it's such an old series. Be prepared to be unimpressed.

You people got me back to watching Toddlers and Tiaras again. And the moms on the episode I'm watching are EVIL. And they suffer the mentality that got so many people in debt in the first place..STOP. LIVING. BEYOND. YOUR MEANS.
Unfortunately it's not just pageant parents who do that, it's cheer too. We all know how expensive all-star cheer is. You shouldn't be choosing between medicine for yourself and paying the monthly tuition for cheer (true story.)

Unfortunately it's not just pageant parents who do that, it's cheer too. We all know how expensive all-star cheer is. You shouldn't be choosing between medicine for yourself and paying the monthly tuition for cheer (true story.)
All these women saying 'My husband has no idea how much I pay for this stuff..' how is that GOOD?!! Either way..if you have to HIDE it from your significant other, maybe it's something you should reconsider. Yes, it's your money, but goodness if you get REALLY ill, all those pageants aren't going to provide for your kids if something happens. One of the women maxed out 3 cards, one of which is for emergencies. 'Pageants are an emergency!'

Back