Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My biggest pet peeves are flyers that dont even try and rely entirely on me( the backspot) and the bases to do everything for them. I hate when people accuse eachother of screwing up the routine and then drama starts, guys you're stuck w/these people all day most times so just keep the drama out of this!

-I agree with the bad music coment! because iLOVE good cheer music...(it makes up about 65%of my ipod)
-but my biggest pet peev is when cheerleaders get jealous of others on their teams for "being better" and then they argue...dont argue! use it as a drive to be just as good as that person! :)

-people who think its ok to stand in front of you talking while your trying to watch the team on the floor .
-when you say good routine to a team and they look at you like you have 5 heads
-flyers that blame bases , bases that blame flyers
-bad music
-coaches showing that there team just screwed up on the floor
-gyms that think they are all that but are not that at all.
-and my #1 pet peeve -CHEER MAMA DRAMA

I was at a competition where two moms got into an actual fist fight... and they were from the same team!! (And this is coming from a Cheer Mama x2)
wink.png

i hate when you say good luck to another team, and they don't say it back.
when people don't put their hearts on the floor, and dont give 120%

-when people dont check in (smile and wake or blow a kiss or put hands on hip) after tumbling
-when people rebound out of your tumbling like no stick it.

-when flyers double out of one legged stunts and dont square their hips to the front
-when a tumbler lands and does like (no sweat, call me, brushes their shoulder off, etc.)
-when you say good luck to a team and they just completely ignore you and stare
- when a team takes second and the first place team starts going crazy and falling all over the place
- when your team beats a team and they completely change their routine and add things that your team did
- when teams have other teams uniform design in a different color

-I absolutely HATE cheerleaders on the team that are not willing to take anyone's advice!
-I also hate it when I seem to be the only one in the group that makes SENSE and has a solution to problems, but seems to be ignored and ordered to shut up, only for them to continue arguing! (Piggy from Lord of the Flies, anyone?)
-When cheerleaders with experience are ran over by the freshmen! Hello, you are a veteran that has better tumbling, jumps, and stunting than anyone on the TEAM! Stand up for yourself. -_-
-When people who don't even know how to tumble try to coach you on what you're doing wrong. I always respond, "Um, do I hear someone that doesn't know how to tumble talking?" It shuts them up every time.
-When people get their tumbling one day and come back to practice the next day, acting like they can't even do it. Not only do they complain that they can't do it, but they don't even TRY! It's, like, what's so different than yesterday? You just did it!
-When returning cheerleaders try to scold the new cheerleaders when they are stunting. Saying things like, "Smile!" "Stay tight!" Okay, she's staying tight, but she's not smiling. So what? You hardly ever smile, anyway. Don't judge, hypocrites. And stop trying to look like a know-it-all. It's not cute.
-When cheerleaders argue in the middle of a stunt! HELLO, people! The flier is still up there, why are you arguing while you're up underneath her? At least wait AFTER the cradle, sheesh!
-When cheerleaders never do ANYTHING full out or hit anything, but when it comes down to getting a consequence if something fails, EVERYTHING hits and is dead-on.
-Coaches that favor certain cheerleaders who get in trouble all the time, but still seem to not get punished but when another cheerleader does something of less value, they get in huge trouble and yelled at.
-Cheerleaders that eat flaming Hot Cheetos, Mc Donalds, Taco Bell or any kind of fast food right before practice and have the nerve to complain about how tired they are when they finish running 1 out of 4 laps. HOW DARE YOU! HOW DARE YOU! Does that fact that you just finished shoving lard down your throat notify you why you might be tired!?
-When captains don't do their job and expect someone else to take care of the problem.
-When people think that they are the absolute best and that the team cannot make it without them! Aha! This happened WAY too many times this cheer season and they were up for a rude awakening!
-When the coach says not to do something and the cheerleader does it, anyway.
-When the coach says, "Do your tumbling." and someone doesn't do it, thus having us to start over, when we were half way done with the routine!

I can keep going! It's ridiculous.

OMG. when you said flaming hot cheetos and mc donalds.i bursted out laughing.
we nicknamed a team we competed with flaming hot cheetos , and the other was a nickname from last year becuase there colors were mcdonalds. we call them mcdonalds allstars. HAHAHAHA.

Back