Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

-When the first place team cheers when the second place team is called
-Having the same person on center every time (share the center love)
-When people through fits becuase there not on center
-Flyers hitting the ground!! bases should always catch them!
-Flyers balling out of a stunt because something "doesn't feel right"
-When gyms pull little girls off youth teams to fly on senior teams!
-When tumbling timing is off
-When people dont end there tumbling passes in a level aproriate skill! (ie a layout for level 4)
-When the same person tumbles the diagonal multiple times! If you don't have enough people to tumble the diagonal you probably shouldn't be at that level!
-When skirts fly up durring a tumbling pass and the girl either doesn't fix it or makes a big production about pulling down her skirt

oh and when flyers arent flexable enough to put there arm infront of there leg during bows so they just hold it behind their leg

What are some of your cheer pet peeves?
Here are mine...

-When flyers aren't felxible enough to hold the bottom of their foot on a heelstretch, but instead hold their ankle.
-Jumps that have flexed feet and land their legs a mile wide apart.
-Slow tumblers.
-Walking into a competition arena and teams are walking around in their spankys and sports bra.
-Slow award ceremonies.
-Sloppy hair and makeup looks like its been thrown on at the last second.
-When flyers stick their elbows out on full downs/double downs.
-Bad and slow music.
-Not being ready (hair down, makeup not on, uniform off) when you get to the arena.
-Cowboyed out back tucks.
-Girls walking around with their uniform unzipped and skirts unbuttoned after the routine.
-Inconsiderate teams that walk infront of you in the middle of watching someones routine.
-Teams that take forever to get off the warm up mat.

Anyone else have pet peeves that are cheer related? :)

i think you pretty much summed it up there! but also those cheerleaders who walk around like they own the place, being rude to others for whatever reason..arghh!

i agree with pretty much everything that has been said!
not sure if someone posted this already, but when people land with their feet a mile apart after a jump.

this pretty much sums up everything.
my biggest things are first place teams cheering when second place is announced (that's not your time to be excited, it's theirs. yours will come if you wait 4 seconds) and teams that have extreme potential that goes to waste because of bad coaching (I see so many of them all the time).

From a coaches point of view.... I hate when squad members try to coach new cheerleaders behind your back but tell them the wrong thing! " I'm the coach here! Think you know better? Then go coach somewhere else!"

More of a cheer competition pet peeve: hate when comp venues will not let you bring in your own food. Here the coaches tell your kids to eat "healthy" and all there is at comps is junk food - basically everything they tell you NOT to eat. So if you want to eat anything healthy before a comp you have to sneak out to the car to get the food you brought. And sometimes that can't even happen because of your meet time. Won't even go into how much that junk food costs!

I think that when I see a lot of ankle braces on the athletes from one team that maybe they are being pushed too hard / not trained correctly. More of a concern than a pet peeve, I suppose. But really, a team of 20 and 17 of them have ankle braces...

when people who don't make the team they want (when they deserve to not make that team) and they go to another gym after their tryouts, cry to the owners and they put them on the desired team just to get their tuition. and yes I have very specific gyms in mind.

Back