Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Tumblers who don't finish passes.
Athletes hugging and doing weird dances when they are called to the floor. DO IT BACKSTAGE!
Parents who are constantly pitting their kids against their teammates.
Parents who save seats and no one ever seems to sit in them.

teams don't come to competition ready with hair done and makeup. they are just sitting there curling peoples hair. i see how you might don't have a curler or the right makeup but having the whole team getting ready on the side of the convention center hallways are very annoying.

I'm a team Mom and this is my BIGGEST peeve also!!!! Girls, show up ready to work! Touch ups in the hole are fine! Don't show up a mess and then waste time trying to get yourselves together, if nothing else it distracts you from what you are there for and your focus on your goal! ( not to mention, how intimidating are those teams where the girls are performance ready and glam the min they walk in the door!?!)

stunt groups of 5 hahah you truly dont need a front base i seriously hate that its not cute if you have enough people to make another stunt then do it and thats the same with the baskets omg i just cant stand it!!! hahaha

Marc0pol0 said:
stunt groups of 5 hahah you truly dont need a front base i seriously hate that its not cute if you have enough people to make another stunt then do it and thats the same with the baskets omg i just cant stand it!!! hahaha

The only thing I disagree with is baskets. You can get a lot more height with that extra thrower. The whole point of baskets is height and if we can get an extra foot then I'm using a front base!

Wholeheartedly agree with using everyone and making that extra group tho!

When anyone older than age 5 blows a kiss
When a girl has her standing tuck but "can't" do a ro tuck
When the dance is so fast the team can't finish/hit each motion so they are all slurred together
When synched tumbling is a hot mess

Pet peeves: teams that cheat to look good and win....there def should be more strict rules regaurding crossing over. So tired of seeing levl 5 kids on level two and level three teams. Its becoming a common practice and think in the long run will put the little guys out of business. Having one or two due to illness quitting or injury is one thing but having a half dozen or more is a whole different story!

-arms are not sharp or even straight in motions
-flyer does not push off of your shoulders.
-When a chant or cheer is being singed
-When a team is not loud enough during a cheer!

Teams that aren't clean, especially Level 5 teams (you should have the basics mastered and perfect!)

Girls outside of the gym thinking they're so cool because they cheer for X Allstars but have horrIble jumps/tumbling/etc in the practice room.

Bases that are two completely different heights.

Teams that should really challenge themselves and only have two bases, would be a lot more impressive...

Not going to practice and acting like it's "nbd".
Not going to tumbling.

Girls who think they are the best but barely know half of the cheer terminoloy.
("What are bloomers?" I kid you not.)

^^^^^One of my cp's teammates told us about a time she was basing a girl who had a horrible reputation for not tieing her shoes tight enough. At one comp during the stunt there the bases are holding empty shoes, she had come right out of them and didn't give her bases any warning something was wrong. (she was okay, but someone else tied her shoes from then on.:p)

Back