Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

New pet peeve. Someone gets shimmied for shimmying

I gave it as a message instead of an actual shimmy because I didn't want you to continue to stretch your shimmy lead on me!

I didn't mind your verbal shimmy as you know sharks can only fin flip, or maybe "swimmie?" You can do like Kingston and ask for them . . .

New pet peeve though. People with shimmy-envy.

How. I'm talking about they think a back hand spring and a lib full down is hard.
Not everyone has the same athletic ability. There are high school teams that could give some level 5 teams a run for their money. Then there are also high school teams that can hardly hit preps. And I'm sure there are plenty of all stars out there who think lib full downs are hard too.

Two sides of a pyramid with nothing the in between them
-Ending a routine with all but one person laying down
-Front jumpers having worse jumps than the people in back
-Last tumbling pass in a routine being easier than ones before it
-Dances where everything is in a ripple
-Teams that never win having cocky voice overs in their music
-Vulgar moves not resulting in deductions
- Poor sportsmanship

i have found another pet peeve:
when high level teams are doing butt sits, can't we leave those for the tiny's to do? :p

Its still cheering. Just because they arent throwing a full and doing level five stunts doesnt mean its not cheerleading. Where do you think all star cheer evolved from?

Are you a high school cheerleader? Or an all star cheerleader? I did high school for 2 years and have been in all star for 10. My OPINION all star is 100% harder then high school. But obviously things have changed since cheerleading even began. And its a good thing it has.

I'm guilty of not finishing to crowd but it's mostly cuZ I don't have enough time from ending my pass to the next thing...... Sometimes it sucks being last pass!

when moms have thos blow horns!
snooty looking cheerleader
when there are people on a team that can't actually tumble that level
flyers flying just cuz they are small and not flexible
sloppy arm motions
bases saying your job is too easy all you do is stand (ITS NOT EASY)
dont land with your feet together in a jump
legs apart in a back handspring

Back