Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When people have sloppy arms and have a straight face throughout the whole routine.
When people can't do a tumblr but yet the still do it and thy look like are going to break their necks.
When people say their routine was horrible even though clearly it was amazing.

Talented athletes that dont try.
moms that try to coach their daughters while you are giving the directions.
LOL my favorite this year has been girls that maybe land a tumbling pass wrong and start crying about how much pain their in, so the mom takes them to the doctor and he says NOTHING is wrong but recommends they don't practice for 2 weeks.
Moms need to stop babying their girls.
Also when athletes dont listen to their coaches.

When people use lotion before comps. A girl back stage started slathering on a fake tan extender lotion. What was she thinking?

when people don't listen to there coach at practice
people who laugh when a stunt falls
girls who cheer just to wear the uniform and don't try to improve there skills
political coaches (picking favorites)

oh one more: when people say "i'm close'' to a skill when in actuality they've thrown it with a spot on the tumble track twice

Flyers that blame bases for the stunt failing.
people who take backspots for granted.
When you can see the hair on a girls legs.
Skirt isn't centered.
spans are too small so girls have muffin top.
when your flyer won't stay tight.

i hate it when select members of the team don't take what they do seriously. its so challenging as someone who loves cheering and takes winning seriously. even when you have a super talented team, if there are a few that are only there for the uniform or jacket, the whole team is forced down with them. as a member of a team, you really are only as strong as your weakest link.
another pet peeve is bad attitudes. most of us are here because cheerleading is something that we love and in many cases dedicate much of our life to. if you don't get the centre spot you wanted, suck it up or fight for it buttercup !!

Back