Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When people say the flyer did great or the flyer fell when in actuality it takes the whole stunt group to succeed or fail.
At worlds when a top-ranked team is performing and one of their partner stunt falls...and the backspot just stands there.

At practice when people think they know better than the coaches, they obviously don't!
When you're trying to learn a new stunt and it goes wrong and half the SG just start chatting about the weekend. I want to nail the stunt! Get on with it and let's try again!

• Dorito scorpions
  • "lvl5" teams w/ 3 athletes that actually have the skills
  • parents that have crazy contraptions that make more noise than the sound effects in the routines
  • lvl5 teams that have people in the back of the jump section doing mini team jumps
  • all the girls not having the same hair
  • glitter eyeshadow that goes all the way up to the eyebrow
  • coaches who put passes on the floor that clearly aren't ready

- Faking standing back tucks by jumping
- Hiding girls in the back
- Teams that call themselves level 5 with mostly layouts and a handful of fulls
- Teams that are obviously using level 4 & 5 kids on level 3 teams
- Competitions that do not separate large and small teams in same division

-when one person blames somebody/everybody else in the stunt group for a stunt fall
-i agree with showing up to the arena not ready AT ALL, especially when a comp is in the afternoon, like what were you doing all that time?!
-really sloppy tumbling passes that go right across the front
-flyers who can't hit their positions or don't smile/look happy whatsoever

Parents who are mean to other people's kids....
Parents who think they are the coach
People who undermine KIDS

Diva behaviors in general, this is a team sport
Bad Sportsmanship

The ridiculous way that some cheer parents act at cheer competitions

Pepole who forget these are kids they are dealing with

one of my pet peeves is when they dont make the second rotation in their doub full. you had warmups and practices to perfect it. dont throw soemthing you dont have. a full is still a full.

How everyone tells the flyer how good her stunt was, Its the bases that put her in the air. Bases don't get near enough credit as they should!
I'm one of those bases and my ex-flyer always leans back like my stunt group and I had our moms take a picture of us doing a prep scale and in the picture you can see my flyer leaning back all the way with my back spot pushing her back into our hands cuz she was heeling it way to much a d falling into our hands I hate it when everybody does it to my stunt group

Cheerlebrities. I don't get that.

Also, this applies to sideline cheer, not All Star, but it's annoying when sideline cheerleaders just spend most of the game screwing around and talking to each other rather than trying to actually engage the crowd.

When gym owners or coaches fail to communicate properly and thoughtfully to parents and or the kids and make unconditional promises to select cp's in order to keep them from going to another gym. C'mon coaches...put the kids in the spots they have earned despite any promises made to the contrary! :mad:

Back