Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

when newbies give corrections to returners
when flyers dont commit to their stunts

What are some of your cheer pet peeves?
Here are mine...

-When flyers aren't felxible enough to hold the bottom of their foot on a heelstretch, but instead hold their ankle.
-Jumps that have flexed feet and land their legs a mile wide apart.
-Slow tumblers.
-Walking into a competition arena and teams are walking around in their spankys and sports bra.
-Slow award ceremonies.
-Sloppy hair and makeup looks like its been thrown on at the last second.
-When flyers stick their elbows out on full downs/double downs.
-Bad and slow music.
-Not being ready (hair down, makeup not on, uniform off) when you get to the arena.
-Cowboyed out back tucks.
-Girls walking around with their uniform unzipped and skirts unbuttoned after the routine.
-Inconsiderate teams that walk infront of you in the middle of watching someones routine.
-Teams that take forever to get off the warm up mat.

Anyone else have pet peeves that are cheer related? :)

1. When veteran cheerleaders are rude to new cheerleaders and act like know it all...even if the "new cheerleaders" started cheer before them...
2. Routines with to many different things going on in a small area, I find it ugly and messy.
3. When a girl don't deserve a spot in the air but "she can't do anything else"
4. When one flyer takes down the entire pyramid down.
5. Rude teams that take up WAYY more space to make a shape on the matt then they need while everyones waiting for awards to start. (the comps i've gone to they made all the teams in every division--middle; mini; all all-stars div; high school:mini, small, medium and large-- all go on the matt together and wait for awards to begin)
6. When one girl has long hair and keeps it straight when its suppose to be curly.

Most of these happen at my varsity practices or past comps... :mad:

What are some of your cheer pet peeves?
Here are mine...

-When flyers aren't felxible enough to hold the bottom of their foot on a heelstretch, but instead hold their ankle.
-Jumps that have flexed feet and land their legs a mile wide apart.
-Slow tumblers.
-Walking into a competition arena and teams are walking around in their spankys and sports bra.
-Slow award ceremonies.
-Sloppy hair and makeup looks like its been thrown on at the last second.
-When flyers stick their elbows out on full downs/double downs.
-Bad and slow music.
-Not being ready (hair down, makeup not on, uniform off) when you get to the arena.
-Cowboyed out back tucks.
-Girls walking around with their uniform unzipped and skirts unbuttoned after the routine.
-Inconsiderate teams that walk infront of you in the middle of watching someones routine.
-Teams that take forever to get off the warm up mat.

Anyone else have pet peeves that are cheer related? :)
My BIGGEST petpeeve is that one memeber of the team that doesnt seem to care about the team and being there. They never try as hard as everyone else and when the coach tries to help they just stare at them and not change anything!

LOL I'm creepin'...

Haha I have quite a few but here are a couple that are a huge tick off to me (pertaining to high school cheer):
  • When there's a bunch of drama between teammates (honestly though, sort it out and move on. You're a team, so please act like one).
  • When people on the team aren't classy... inside AND outside of uniform.
  • When a team as a whole is rude, whether it be at a game or a competition. It's one thing to be fierce and sometimes cocky during a routine, it's another to be disrespectful to other teams.
And everyone's favorite...
  • When somebody rants about how ALL cheerleaders are stupid and trashy when they've never even HEARD about allstar before. Besides that, that sounds totally biased based on what they've seen on TV and/or experienced in real ife.
That last one was kind of a rant of my own, but you get the idea.

So here are mine:

- Boring cheer mixes
- Stuntgroups not fighting for a stunt
- Talented girls who think they can miss practises because they are so good :mad:
- Parents knowing nothing bout cheer but always have to say something to everything
- Teams that act disrespectfull - okay, you´re the fiercest team around? Great.
Still you can be nice and respectfull to other teams, staff and fans.
- Ugly body positions. Your heelstretch is more an front arabesque? Please work it
before you compete with this :rolleyes:

my biggest cheer pet peeve is people that insist that the coaches keep their mental blocked tumbling in the routine, if you cant throw it at practice you cant throw it at comp!

When I go to the large National competitions and the same large gyms, which will remain nameless, always have rows upon rows of empty seats with backpacks in them, no body, but they are still "taken". C'mon parents.....

tumblr_mdjju3LvSZ1qfyepx.gif

Back