Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

my cheer pet peeve is when bases and backspots yell at a flyer for falling when it's really their mistake. I'm a backspot sooo i try not to do it

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I hate it both ways. Bases/backspots yelling at flyer, flyer yelling at stuntgroup. Will not help to hit the stunt.

Girls that aren't willing to give it their all. They're lazy! If you aren't willing to give 110%, WE COULD EASILY TAKE YOU OUT AND REPLACE YOU WITH SOMEONE WHO WILL CARE ABOUT OUR TEAM. When we lose by a point because some girl has a bad attitude towards their stunt group and they fall. One person really does make a dofference

Whenever one of our coaches saw them on their phones during break they ended up doing extra conditioning for every athlete that was on their phone. Now they bring their water on the side of the floor do they don't waste so much time getting water.

* Entering the bathroom and having to deal with teams primping. Couldn't they have done this at home or at the hotel? Show up competition ready!

* Those strange facial expressions and head bobbing. I find it distracting, and I really don't see the point of it. A simple smile goes a long way in my eyes!

* Half/crop tops. I know this is not a popular opinion, but it just isn't my thing. I like full tops.

* Fake hair.

* Seat saving for an insane amount of people. Just get there early or sit wherever there is a spot available.

* When gym owners pick PINK as one of their colors. That might make it harder to attract boys to their gym.

* When people don't clap for other gyms for both their performance and/or awards time.

My biggest pet peeve since I can remember is having a stunt in front of a stunt. Not only do I dislike the way it looks formation wise but you always know the "hidden" stunt is most likely doing a watered down version. It's not fooling anyone!!

* Entering the bathroom and having to deal with teams primping. Couldn't they have done this at home or at the hotel? Show up competition ready!

* Those strange facial expressions and head bobbing. I find it distracting, and I really don't see the point of it. A simple smile goes a long way in my eyes!

* Half/crop tops. I know this is not a popular opinion, but it just isn't my thing. I like full tops.

* Fake hair.

* Seat saving for an insane amount of people. Just get there early or sit wherever there is a spot available.

* When gym owners pick PINK as one of their colors. That might make it harder to attract boys to their gym.

* When people don't clap for other gyms for both their performance and/or awards time.
Kudos! ALL OF THESE! But, I'm not a fan of pink because its hard to work with the makeup.

Sorry, I got so preoccupied with replying to another comment that I didn't answer the actual thread, lol.

Pet Peeves:

1) Wearing Uggz while wearing your uniform........that irks me to my core!

2) Unzipped/unbuttoned uniforms. You're in public, please dress as such.

3) Athletes that talk to their parents like they are children or incompetent........I see this too often at competitions....NO RESPECT!

4) BAD SPORTMANSHIP: "If we didn't drop that stunt we would have won"............... oh get over it. You dropped it and you lost, don't try to minimize or belittle the other teams win. They hit and you didn't, better luck next time.

5) ILLEGAL PLAYERS: Gyms using illegal athletes on teams. It's not that serious........In the end, cheaters never prosper.

6) Rude Fans/Cheer Moms/Cheer Dads: No matter what the situation, there's no need to yell obscenities in a arena full of young athletes. There's no need to bash another gym in the stands. And there's def no reason to discuss the inner workings of your gym. Let in house issues remain in house........this is how rumors are started.

7) The "FAKE" Injury: The girl/guy that messes up in the routine (falls from a stunt, touch down on tumbling, etc) and in order to soften the blow, they fake an injury the moment the music ends, or they can't breathe all of a sudden. Why be so dramatic?? You messed up, try harder next time.

8) People that don't like F5 Jason! How can you NOT like him? He's amazing.......

9) Popcorn People: I can't stand when girls/guys are bouncing all over the floor. Just bouncing for no reason. Walking to their spot....they're bouncing. Coming out of a cradle......they're bouncing. Doing an approach for a jump....oh yes....you guessed it.....they're bouncing. STOP BOUNCING. You look like a Jumping Bean sheesh!

10) Mad Bumpers: LOL. I hate the people that get mad when you bump them while walking in the hallway of a national competition. Mind you, there's like 20,000 people here, and about half of them are walking in the hall right now. If you get bumped, just keep moving. You're not going to die because someone touched your uniform. I promise you still have your magical powers.

I'm going to stop at 10 but I could go on forever, lol.
THIS! This whole thing just made my entire night.

~overweight girls in crop top uni's. i mean cmon coaches, plz think of all the team member b4 creating the uni's.
I'm sorry, but this is just plain rude. I don't care if an athlete is 70 pounds or 200, they're doing what they love and that's all that matters. Weight should not be what the focus is on during a routine.

I don't like it when they change or run to the next position all crouched over. It looks like they're all suffering gastrointestinal distress! I miss when they strutted to the next position, looking proud and owning their routine.

Sent from my HTCONE using Fierce Board mobile app

Back