Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know this thread is a little old but I need to rant. While watching videos from past Worlds, I saw far too many athletes throw a hissy fit during the dance because their stunt fell or they had a tumbling bust. I understand if you're hurt, but if you're just upset that's no reason to do sloppy motions or not smile at all. Especially if you're in the center. Build a bridge and get over it.

I haven't gotten passed the second page and already people have described at least half my club (and others I see around comps) main ones that annoy me though:

- flyers who say I cant (I get that it's hard and some flyers have fear of heights I'm one of them but if you get into a stunt thinking I'm not gonna make it! It's gonna drop! Guess what's gonna happen!?)
- girls who walk around with their fringes or bangs left out (it's a cheer comp! Get that shiz back off ya face!)
- OTT make up and hair specially on little kids, there is no need for little ones to be in make up at all! My first club had ruling where if you weren't senior or open you didn't wear make up. Our worlds squads had specific make up and the open squads wore the same stuff as us (foundation, mascara, lip gloss and blush)
- athletes who come to training and don't train for no reason
- athletes who bring personal drama to training. The rest of the gym doesn't wanna know please leave it at the door!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

clear bra straps don't bother me..but when girls wear regular bras under their sports bra at practice...that kills me....

Parents who have their kids in other activities that interfere with competitions!! I do not pay $200 a month and get my kid to every practice and competition religiously so "you" can pick and choose which competition your kid will be at and make everyone scramble for a fill in that never works out. Hopefully the coaches nip this in the bud this year---although it's already happened once already. Pick one thing or the other!!! Whew.... needed that vent...

Parents who have their kids in other activities that interfere with competitions!! I do not pay $200 a month and get my kid to every practice and competition religiously so "you" can pick and choose which competition your kid will be at and make everyone scramble for a fill in that never works out. Hopefully the coaches nip this in the bud this year---although it's already happened once already. Pick one thing or the other!!! Whew.... needed that vent...
I agree totally - but you nailed it when you said it's the coaches that need to stop this. Many parents try to let their kids do as many activities as the kids want to do until they are forced to make a choice.

I'm on open and collegiate squads so our issues and some of my pet peeves involve people not turning up to training due to drinking during the day or being hung over from a celebration (birthday, New Years ect.....) also those who come but don't do anything or don't turn up for comps at all. It stresses all of us out including our coach.

crossed legs in double downs
Flexed feet from flyers
Incomplete rotations in tumbling and stunting
Poor quality cheer mixes
HUGEEE bumps/ poofs
Crowd Counting in the pyramid
And when the audience is off beat clapping in the dance !!!

When the bases and back blame things on the top
When flyer give up on a stunt
When people have really arched backs for stunting ( not tops)
When people aren't on mid mat or line
When bases grab loosely
When bases give more toe than heel and make tops fall back( I've watched it happen)
Seeing a top bail though she and the stunt were fine. Sorry I just really needed to vent about that!!!

No fear in fierce

• Rude Parents and Athletes
  • Slow Tumblers
  • Flyers that dont own it
  • People who cant jump
  • Guys who cant dance, or look lost their whole routine

Back